White terrain on lowest terrain settings

Options
Nurfed - Harshlands
Nurfed - Harshlands Posts: 238 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Support Desk
Ahola.

My terrain turns completely pure white whenever I turn my terrain settings down to the lowest setting.

I need to fix this asappp so i use fraps again =[ Fraps run too slow for me on highest terrain setting. QQ

Heres a picture of what I mean.
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1299/20090803060612.png
Post edited by Nurfed - Harshlands on

Comments

• Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    o0 never seen this before.

try updating your graphics drivers
    have you tried recording with virtualdub - how does system performance compare when using that vs fraps?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm going to need some more information from you about your computer. Go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device and Drivers boxes:
    dxdiag.jpg
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Nurfed - Harshlands
    Nurfed - Harshlands Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    hmm Not much to see but here it is.

Im using dual monitors btw.

dxdiagg.jpg
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Try going here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

and installing the drivers for your video chipset. It looks like you do not have them installed properly.

Get the correct ones for your version of Windows, which bit (32bit or 64bit) it is.

See if that helps.

Also try tweaking the nvidia control panel some once you have reinstalled your video drivers and rebooted your PC.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.