What is the symbol?

athairra
athairra Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Cleric
What is the cleric symbol? Like, Mage's are a yingyang and all that stuff. What is the cleric icon?
Post edited by athairra on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    feathers......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    athairra wrote: »
    What is the cleric symbol? Like, Mage's are a yingyang and all that stuff. What is the cleric icon?

I think it's supposed to be a feather, but I honestly don't know. b:surrender

EDIT: I got beat :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • athairra
    athairra Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    One person thinks it's a hook, another of my friends think it's wings, and another thinks it's a butterfly.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    athairra wrote: »
    One person thinks it's a hook, another of my friends think it's wings, and another thinks it's a butterfly.
    how they think butterflys and hooks play a part in clerics is a mystery lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i thought it was a shoe...b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ok, I will admit....I do not think I have ever really looked at it.....May have to look now b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I always thought it was a butterfly. b:surrender

Venos however, I have no clue what that is...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i thought it was a shoe...b:chuckle

b:sweat I thought it was food....
    Ok, I will admit....I do not think I have ever really looked at it.....May have to look now b:chuckle

xD...... rofl tell us after you find out! >.< b:victory
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Sir_Martin - Lost City
    Sir_Martin - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I always thought it was a butterfly. b:surrender

Venos however, I have no clue what that is...

For venos its a Duck xD

Clerics I think there suppose to be wings or Butterfly
    [SIGPIC]8x Epic Cleric =P[/SIGPIC]
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I've always wondered what the Cleric symbol really is. No one really knows :S.

It kinda looks like a butterfly in an angle though. b:cute

For Venos its simple, its a ~. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Clerics are a candle. That's how it's always looked to me, a big I or 1 shape with a drop above it. >>

Venos are supposed to be a "tail." What a dumb icon for one of the most versatile classes in the game. Our pets get better icons. (Yes, since one of the updates now there is an icon for the pets when we have one summoned.)
  • LighDar - Harshlands
    LighDar - Harshlands Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I have always thought it was a sock, but I wondered what that had to do with Clerics.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~Like my Tattoo?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Name: LighDar
    Level: 19
    Zen/Premium Character: Yes
    Danger Level For Attacking Me: b:beatup
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Butterfly.

Take a SS of it and zoom in. No clue what I used to think it looked like before that, though.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    Butterfly.

Take a SS of it and zoom in. No clue what I used to think it looked like before that, though.

21mdbmb.jpg

Looks like a butterfly to me.

Edit: No images? Sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2009
    how they think butterflys and hooks play a part in clerics is a mystery lol

b:question maybe they were thinking of you, and imagined a pretty butterfly?

awtz I'm corny b:surrender
  • Roojie - Lost City
    Roojie - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I always thought it was a bell. >.>;;
  • PandaXpresss - Harshlands
    PandaXpresss - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    here I was thinking it was a staff held downwards, the ones that look like the kinds that shepards used.... -_-!... I mean aside from mages... aren't all of the classes some kinda weapon? Oh and I guess except for venos...
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Blademaster = Sword (Fail-trident)

Wizard = Yin-Yang (Circle with racial issues)

Venomancer = Fox Tail (It's a tilde)

Barbarian = Hammer (As in what they were hit in the head with as a child, hence why they're the meatshield class)

Archer = Bow and Arrow (Because everyone should be afraid of Cupid, right...?)

Cleric = Butterfly (Green, Black, and Blue make the colors in the sky.)

You get the Cleric reference...please...read a book.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I thought it was smthing like a little fire... b:surrender
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I see a little wizardly hat..... >_<

Hat.....

and Hat....
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Intesa - Harshlands
    Intesa - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    butterfly? then why dont we get butterfly wings at lvl1? O.o
    they should change the symbol.. really b:surrender
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It's always been a butterfly to me. No idea how anyone could see anything else personally. But, I guess we can treat it like an ink blot test for now.

I can imagine a psychiatrist in his (or her) chair, holding up up the cleric symbol and asking:

"Tell me, what do you see when you look at this symbol?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Alerean - Heavens Tear
    Alerean - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It's always been a butterfly to me. No idea how anyone could see anything else personally. But, I guess we can treat it like an ink blot test for now.

I can imagine a psychiatrist in his (or her) chair, holding up up the cleric symbol and asking:

"Tell me, what do you see when you look at this symbol?"

Haha.

It sort of looks like someone flying to me, with the wings all the way at the peak.

That said I recognize how difficult it can be to make a distinguishing icon with such a low resolution limit. (It's HARD!) So that they did come up with stuff that is unique and easily recognizable is good.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Haha.

It sort of looks like someone flying to me, with the wings all the way at the peak.

That said I recognize how difficult it can be to make a distinguishing icon with such a low resolution limit. (It's HARD!) So that they did come up with stuff that is unique and easily recognizable is good.

LOL b:chuckle only comment on that rofl >.< Ooh someone flying? O.o
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Kismeta - Dreamweaver
    Kismeta - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i think its a butterfly and always have done. although i dont see how that relates to a clericb:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<- tyvm to ForsakenX for the sig, <3 ur work

Vanquish for life

Clerics are not your slaves, we do not exist to do your bidding. We also have names. Saying please does not take a lot of typing. I react very badly to being yelled at. Please do not do it.
    Its rather sad when people automatically assume you are a guy just because you are playing a veno....
    Live life to its fullest, learn from your mistakes, and most importantly, have fun. b:victory
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It still doesn't look like butterfly to me and what would we have to do with butterfly's .It could also be a wings of some kind.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Hat.....

and Hat....

Same!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • rst777
    rst777 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i have always thought it was a hand. sort of in the crossing guard "stop" position. i figured it was a reference to something like healing hands.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Hat.....

and Hat....

Exactly how I've always seen it.

Doesn't really look like a butterfly to me, since it has no antennas and it would be too detailed for a class icon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."