Stop Making Cheaper Than Usual Items !

Options
Tamuz - Lost City
Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Suggestion Box
gold is so much cus of these events, give things a week to setting down , i remember when gold was 100k .... now its just outrageous , and with Halloween PWI will release a new item raising gold EVEN MORE b:infuriatedb:infuriatedb:infuriated
Post edited by Tamuz - Lost City on

Comments

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    title didnt make sense tbh. looks like u missed a word.

Stop Making ____ cheaper than usual items?
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Gold prices are high????
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • chesticles
    chesticles Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    They havent said anything about releasing new content besides the Tideborn update.

:)
  • natedog97
    natedog97 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Honestly the next thing to jack up the prices will more than likely be the release of the Tideborn following halloween boxes of some type...

O wait did i just speculate.. oooppsssyy b:laugh
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    chesticles wrote: »
    They havent said anything about releasing new content besides the Tideborn update.

lol dont worry they will find a way to get money off of next week

ALSO ! i mest up on title totally b:chuckle

i ment to title it

Stop Making Gold So Expensive , or something
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I will expect a JJ event the last 2 weeks of the month, where you trade angels/coins for a package for a chance to get a Nightmare horse or some necklace.

Time to start stocking up on gold before it shoots up to 400k+ again.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    chesticles wrote: »

Flying mounts. Well, I guess the fish people could just run around everywhere for a while but once their mounts come out then b:shocked
    And seeing as how the fastest mounts (which also tend to be the ones that can be used at the lowest levels) are the most expensive then.........
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You got to understand that people will not sell boutique items for too low ^^ once that happens no one will be selling boutique items because of the prices droping down.

There're two options:

- Making gold cheaper to get (which i dont find reasonable, and don't see that coming)

OR

- Releasing items that are not that expensive (like mounts and such, WHICH i don't see coming as well)

So LOL deal with it, neither of those will happen as I see it :] if the exchange rate of coins for gold drops down, no one will sell gold anymore which means people will be complaining of how hard it is to get gold (like they do right now, yet more). b:chuckle
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yamiino, you forgot a 3rd option that is 100% effective and already available.

The OP can just buy gold directly using a credit card. The prices for the items in the boutique do not change due to demand, so by charging his gold he achieving 2 things:

1. He is reducing the demand to buy gold, which will help lower its cost
    2. He is not being affected by in-game fluctuations.

Easy to resolve the problem with tools already available.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Chillectric - Sanctuary
    Chillectric - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yamiino, you forgot a 3rd option that is 100% effective and already available.

The OP can just buy gold directly using a credit card. The prices for the items in the boutique do not change due to demand, so by charging his gold he achieving 2 things:

1. He is reducing the demand to buy gold, which will help lower its cost
    2. He is not being affected by in-game fluctuations.

Easy to resolve the problem with tools already available.

Thats probably the choise favored by the PWI staff aswel ;)

Catssshing $$
    I bet this game is making so much more money /player/month compared to the most famous monthly supscription fee required games!
    So many games to be played b:shocked
    So little time to do it b:angry
    I realy need an extra life b:laugh
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    with such high prices of course they make more money b:coldb:sweat

they seriously gota wait like one week to let gold calm down b:sweat
  • Sancrkf - Heavens Tear
    Sancrkf - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    a npc that sells gold for 150k would be a good way to solve the problem, but it has to be permanent since otherwise people would just stock up on gold and sell it for double the price once the npc is gone...

but that would probably make some of those that actually charge zen stop doing it... and that doesn't sound very good for PW staff I guess...

still, a non permanent gold selling npc would make a good coin sink...
    Call me San.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    a npc that sells gold for 150k would be a good way to solve the problem, but it has to be permanent since otherwise people would just stock up on gold and sell it for double the price once the npc is gone...

but that would probably make some of those that actually charge zen stop doing it... and that doesn't sound very good for PW staff I guess...

Make sure any gold bought from the npc was untradable and any items bought with the gold from the NPC were untradable.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Make sure any gold bought from the npc was untradable and any items bought with the gold from the NPC were untradable.

I might be kind of hard to keep track of in the system. What if you some non-tradable gold and regular gold? Which would it be then. The simplest coin sink is a Jolly Jones-like event where you can buy non-tradable items from Jolly Jones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    oh i found out what i wanted to say at title xD start making things cheaper than usual xD
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The simplest thing would be to wait out the economy. I know it's a pain, but think about it: Most of the gold sellers are going to price themselves out of the market. Looking at the gold trading house, there's no way I'd pay the prices in there for 1 or 2 peices. You may not get the rarest items from events, but trying to push changes in that will only be a temporary fix will simply make things worse.

I just dropped around 1.9 mil trying to get all the mats I needed for craft. lvl 4, and realized that most of the prices were absurdly high. The problem is, there's no alternative places to get mats in large amounts except from other players. It's supply and demand at its best, and as long as there is a demand, people will continue to supply, slightly raising the price each time they think they can. And we'll keep paying as long as we think it's fair.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
    edited October 2009
    Options

This would make as much sense as the company deciding to turn off all the servers and expect people to still use the cash shop...

Why in the world would you want to penalize the people that actualy pay for this game, while giving everything away to the freeloaders????? (yes 150k is giving it away, that is about 30 minutes of grinding at most for higher level players).
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    we really need a coin sink b:sadb:sad

spread the word of this post so a gm can read and possibly do b:cry

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=466752

i think its a good ideab:surrender