Genie Experience

Ecclectic - Dreamweaver
Ecclectic - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
Math. It's horrible. Sometimes confusing. Other times, downright frightening. But, over the last week or two, I've begun to question my own sanity due to an apparent change in the way mathematics are used in PWi.

In the Genie Update post, it states that "Each Genie, while equipped, will gain 10% of the total XP gained." After much grinding and testing on several diff mob lvls, I've noticed that, according to PWi, 10% of 100 exp = 1 exp.

Am I the only person that sees the issue here? Or am I really behind on my math skills, and am the only person left that thinks 10% of 100 exp should = 10 exp?

I'm really glad to see that genies gain exp on the fly now, but could we really get them 10% of the exp gained? I'm tired of having to infuse my exp still, to keep my genie near my lvl. While it's great if you want to spirit farm, it can keep ya from getting quests sooner, since you're working to infuse all your hard earned exp and not gaining any lvls.

As always, this is something that only applies to those who actually use their genies, like me. And no worries. If it gets changed, great. If not, I'll continue to do it the way I've been doing it since I got my first genie. I just hope some others see what I'm talking about, and confirm that I'm no more insane than I was after that temporal lobe mishap...
Post edited by Ecclectic - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I believe the 10% is for same level genies. while lower level genie will get less then 10%, the bigger the gap between char and genie level the less exp the genie will get.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • natedog97
    natedog97 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I noticed the same issue when leveling my veno alt.. The genies refuse to take more than 1-2% even if the lvl is equal to the character. This means that the vampire genies still require to suck more than their fair share of sp or xp of a character every lvl

Please remedy this Devs b:victory
  • Ecclectic - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Oh, yeah, my main genie is the same lvl as my veno. My alt genie is about 10 lvls behind. (yeah, I have 2 genies atm) The main gets 1%, and I'm going inworld to see what my alt gets. I'll try to get some good screen shots of the exp amount, and exp gained.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'm level 94 and the genie i'm rebuilding is level 50 currently. If i look at my Genie Exp infuse, i get exactly 50/94 = 53.2% infuse ratio. This infuse ratio is also applied to co-gained experience as well. SO i would receive 53.2% * 10% = 5.32% co-gained experience. I turn in my WQ for 300k Exp & my genie gained 15,957 Exp which = exactly 5.319%. All the calculations seem to be working out just perfectly.
    edited October 2009
    I'm talking about exp gained when you kill, not infusion rates. I do appreciate the input though. Still working on those ss. Got sidetracked. :P
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The infusion rate still applies to any EXP gained by your Genie through this new system.
    New Genie System
    EXP Gaining with Genie has been changed so that Genies can now gain EXP while you kill monsters or hand in quests. Each Genie, while equipped, will gain 10% of the total XP gained. This is in addition to the EXP your character gains (Your character will not gain 10% less EXP). When your Genie reaches the same level as your character, and the Genie reaches 99% of its current level, the 10% EXP gain will be disabled. The old method of infusing EXP or Spirit, or the EXP cubes still remain.

Note: Genie EXP gains are still subject to EXP Infuse ratio rules.

Source: Me @ http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=427672
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
    edited October 2009
    Ok, here's my ss. I just don't want to leave my thread unfinished. I'll leave it after this post.

Same lvl genie before
    http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/33a1f141c0408fef5c758b3898db1d92539dac45.png

And after
    http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/f8d5d08578bfcf9eb954e00ac0fe45c9b663e1ed.png

Genie 8 lvls behind before
    http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/8c1e385561f0b6a9012e584163c10664a8195e06.png

And after
    http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/caa90d17a3578a3b08d5efc120e9d7866f585836.png

As I said before, nothing major, just confusing. Perhaps where it says the 10% exp gain will be disabled in the update notes actually means it goes down to 1%, once the genie is your lvl? Hmm, I see the note at the bottom now, but that still wouldn't compute. 80% infuse should mean much more exp gained than what my genie gets per kill. Even my lvl 34 has like a 70% infuse rate.

At any rate, I'm done with it for now. Thanks for taking a peek at my thread, and thanks for all the input.
    edited October 2009
    I'm level 94 and the genie i'm rebuilding is level 50 currently. If i look at my Genie Exp infuse, i get exactly 50/94 = 53.2% infuse ratio. This infuse ratio is also applied to co-gained experience as well. SO i would receive 53.2% * 10% = 5.32% co-gained experience. I turn in my WQ for 300k Exp & my genie gained 15,957 Exp which = exactly 5.319%. All the calculations seem to be working out just perfectly.
    I'm talking about exp gained when you kill, not infusion rates. I do appreciate the input though. Still working on those ss. Got sidetracked. :P

Please read the whole post i made, your infusion ratio is applied to experience gained when killing mobs / questing as well. 10% being the max if your genie is the same level as your character. In my case of a level 50 genie on a level 94 player, its 50/94 * 10% = 5.32%.
    edited October 2009
    Ok, here's my ss. I just don't want to leave my thread unfinished. I'll leave it after this post.

Same lvl genie before
    http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/33a1f141c0408fef5c758b3898db1d92539dac45.png

And after
    http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/f8d5d08578bfcf9eb954e00ac0fe45c9b663e1ed.png

Your Genie gained 17 Experience when you gained 178 Experience. Thats 10% when you consider the game always rounds decimals down (or might keep track of it as an undisplayed fraction).

Again here your genie gained 13 Experience. Your Infuse ratio should be 34/42 = 80.9%. So co-gained from killing would = 80.9% * 10% = 8.09%. Now i admit 1 Exp seems to be missing as the calculations seem to deem that 8.09% of 178 = 14.4 Exp (rounded down for 14). Cant explain the 1 Exp missing, but still very close to what the calculations say you should be getting.
    As I said before, nothing major, just confusing. Perhaps where it says the 10% exp gain will be disabled in the update notes actually means it goes down to 1%, once the genie is your lvl? Hmm, I see the note at the bottom now, but that still wouldn't compute. 80% infuse should mean much more exp gained than what my genie gets per kill. Even my lvl 34 has like a 70% infuse rate.

At any rate, I'm done with it for now. Thanks for taking a peek at my thread, and thanks for all the input.