2-2/2-3 Soulripper Not Spawning

Options
Maiya - Lost City
Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I have yet to encounter this myself. But I keep hearing my guildmates complaining about this. They do a squad run, then go with however many people they want for the rest of the run (in this case it happened to be 2 people). They got to the room for Soulripper (2-3), talked to the pillar and waited. There have been plenty of other runs in which it has only been 2 people summoning the boss, so the amount can't be the issue.

The boss doesn't show up. They didn't attack the mobs, power crystal, or anything.

Anyone else encounter this and know if its due to a bug or something else?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Maiya - Lost City on

Comments

• Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    yea me and my fac go there because we have a TON of 80+ that need they're HH and i go with em.
    and they yell in fac that they cant kill "the big dog " LAWL........

IDK wat the deal @_@
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    another glitch caused by pwi? :o hax?

inbe4a"dxdiag"

/sarcasm
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Bugs?

Not in my PWI
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I was in 2-2 yesterday and soul ripper was there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Did they use AoE around the pillar? or was that... implied
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • JamesRoss - Lost City
    JamesRoss - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Doing these runs with friends I have yet to witness any of these occurrences. Awkward.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    @Ussichu, one of the members was hitting the pillar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sumara - Heavens Tear
    Sumara - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hmm...I've encountered this before, but no one was attacking the pillar, but a party member accidently aggroed 2 of the mobs walking around. We killed them (though a few more came for the same reason) and waited. He never showed.
  • Tisa - Dreamweaver
    Tisa - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hmm...I've encountered this before, but no one was attacking the pillar, but a party member accidently aggroed 2 of the mobs walking around. We killed them (though a few more came for the same reason) and waited. He never showed.

Same, we aggro'ed a mob by mistake after which Soulripper never spawned. Never had a problem otherwise though.
  • Rayvito - Heavens Tear
    Rayvito - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:irritated That just happened to my faction squad in a 2-3. It was really frustrating wasting subs and not getting all bosses and we were there mostly for the Antenna of Consumer of Souls, because must of us needed them. b:sad
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Had the puppy not show up once in 2-3 during all the runs I had so far. Don't remember whether we agroed any mobs or not though. Otherwise, he just takes a while =_=
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    They got to the room for Soulripper (2-3), talked to the pillar and waited. There have been plenty of other runs in which it has only been 2 people summoning the boss, so the amount can't be the issue.

This has happened to me twice now. We had a full squad, so as you guessed, that isn't the problem. The first time we did aggro two of the orcs, but in this most recent one, we didn't.

We tried a number of different things to get him to spawn -- talk to the pillar a 2nd time, pass lead, talk to it again, go back through the portal, etc. Nothing worked. Worst of all, if Soulripper doesn't spawn, none of the subsequent bosses spawn either.

Somebody owes me 4 ultimate substances.
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This bug is easy to avoid. If you do not hit invisible thingy in the dog room ( The one located by the altar ) Soulriper will spawn. If however you hit invisible thingy atleast once ( Or Duel ), that will glitch the soulripper.

Enjoy bug free 2-3 b:victory
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    pulled mob once on purpose and killed it,also send pet once to power crystal but boss show up each time b:chuckle
    the boss show up even when was only 2 of us in party b:surrender
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This bug is easy to avoid. If you do not hit invisible thingy in the dog room ( The one located by the altar ) Soulriper will spawn. If however you hit invisible thingy atleast once ( Or Duel ), that will glitch the soulripper.

Enjoy bug free 2-3 b:victory

this is exactly the same for 2-2 i hitted the invisble mob once that was a hard lesson and the squad was kinda angry at me
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts