Who really uses 1000 socket stones for 4th socket?

Nigrosity - Heavens Tear
Nigrosity - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
so you get to lightning and have an extra +50 something.

for 1000 socket stones

300,000 = 1 gold, 1 gold = 15 stones, = 20000 for one stone

that's TWENTY MILLION COIN for a single socket, not even including the shard you choose to put in.

My question is who the **** are all you people that have 4 sock everything? at what point did you end up with 85 mil to blow xD
Post edited by Nigrosity - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited October 2009

for 1000 socket stones

that's TWENTY MILLION COIN for a single socket, not even including the shard you choose to put in.

My question is who the **** are all you people that have 4 sock everything? at what point did you end up with 85 mil to blow xD

People with credit cards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited October 2009

for 1000 socket stones

Sub a HH3-1 run once per day & in a few weeks you'll be able to afford to socket stuff by buying gold straight out of the auction house.

Or max out your credit cards :o
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited October 2009

for 1000 socket stones

You have much to learn young noob wizard. If you QQ about socketing lvl 11, don't bother with lvl 12 then let alone lvl 14.
    I like pie
  • Alerean - Heavens Tear
    Alerean - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    socket stones are also a possible reward for level 100s doing their BH
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i used the tokens to get socket stones during the event for my 90 axeb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    My bow needs 8000 socket stones for the 2nd socket :S

With max sockets you get pretty effects which is why they are desirable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    With the increase of coin flooding by our GMs/devlopers, some players have collected hundreds of millions already. To a person that spends a fortune to make an item +12 (as some already have), a 4rth socket is nothing. This game doesnt have any real pvp, so its all about 'looking good'. I mean, what else are you gonna spend coins in?

Besides, we all know that chicks dig cool chars. Get a cool effect from 4x g8 shards on your armor and you'll have babes drooling.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nigrosity - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Sub a HH3-1 run once per day & in a few weeks you'll be able to afford to socket stuff by buying gold straight out of the auction house.

lol would take 80 subbed 3-1 runs, assuming they let you sub everytime and a GBA dropped every time
    edited October 2009

You have much to learn young noob wizard. If you QQ about socketing lvl 11, don't bother with lvl 12 then let alone lvl 14.

wasn't planning on it :p
    edited October 2009
    socket stones are also a possible reward for level 100s doing their BH

this is good news

but lol when I hit 100 i'm done xD
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i bought 4th socket for leggings and boots with tokens :P got 4 sockets for wrist and chest cuz im soo pro crafter :D
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Ohh Asterelle! you're my desirable pretty effect! (whatever that means) b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Jajaja//c - Harshlands
    Jajaja//c - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    if you pay 67$ you will have 1005 socket stones.
    Is it worth it, depends if you want to look cool in this game I guess,but looking cool in a game kinda makes you a... well let's not say I'm not a **** or trying to be one or look like oneb:victory
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The SockeT Stones Requeriments for some equipment or weapons is just RIDICULIOUS for even 2nd Socket , It's just RIDICULIOUS And ****!! YES BEACAUSE With $90USD I can easily Just Sell the Gold and Buy a WAY Better weapon or like 5 of the same weapon Im trying to socket.. with all of them already having 2 sockets.. SO Nobody is gonna bother buying SO RIDICULIOUS Amounts of stones for 1 stupid socket more. The fellas who decided on this RIDICULIOUS amounts of stones for the next socket were Well.. pretty Stupid.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol would take 80 subbed 3-1 runs, assuming they let you sub everytime and a GBA dropped every time

If you think that is bad, it will take, on average, 334 FF runs per person to get them a FF Gold weapon. And those are not even end game...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well idk how about dont get it if its not worth it makes too much sense? Yeah it does sense ppl need to complain all the time about dumb things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    <
    Used 2000 socket stones for HH99 Gold Weapon for 2nd Socket b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited October 2009
    And u couldnt send me some how greedy b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    And u couldnt send me some how greedy b:cute

b:cry Made me go broke.

All the rest of my gear is 3 sockets....

QQ Cape of Elite Leather for 4th = 2k stones
    All others = 1k stones

b:cry Its not right!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2009
    b:cry Made me go broke.

All the rest of my gear is 3 sockets....

QQ Cape of Elite Leather for 4th = 2k stones
    All others = 1k stones

b:cry Its not right!!

Everyone knows u just remake the gear till u get maxed stats b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Everyone knows u just remake the gear till u get maxed stats b:victory

*cough*

Yeah right...hardly playing as it is....bored b:surrender

Besides...I do not have 1 item from the event and all gear is HH90. Hardly the best by any means.

I stopped once I reached 100 with all refines and new equip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If only they all were 1000 stones.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    With the increase of coin flooding by our GMs/devlopers, some players have collected hundreds of millions already. To a person that spends a fortune to make an item +12 (as some already have), a 4rth socket is nothing. This game doesnt have any real pvp, so its all about 'looking good'. I mean, what else are you gonna spend coins in?

Besides, we all know that chicks dig cool chars. Get a cool effect from 4x g8 shards on your armor and you'll have babes drooling.

hmm thats because your in a PvE server...
    and have you ever been in a TW or anything? I'm pretty sure being stronger in there is important. b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Yay for pretty effects! b:dirty

I used it on the HH80 sword, cause the extra attack helps somewhat, and IT LOOKS PRETTY!

Mwahahaha. I guess its w.e floats your boat, and if you are willing to spend.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    id only 4 socket my lvl 100 equip xD

notin else..........

its a waste UNLESS ur gonna stay at that _x lvl for a long time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose