What's the film you like/hate the most?

King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Off-Topic Discussion
what's the film you like or hate the most? any special reason? please talk about the film. a brief description will do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
Post edited by King_Solomon - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I loved V for Vendetta. Just due to my personality of being rebellious, and it was pretty damn sweet:).

I disliked Transformers 2; only good qualities of the movie were great effects and Megan Fox's ****. Geez, doesn't that sound like a "special" movie?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    The film I like the most is Wuthering Heights (1994). the production is simplistic, the cast looks amateur compared to the characters. the plot... that's a film full of passion yet extremely tragic. like the book, it's bitter to the point you'll hate the protagonists for what they do but you'll love them for what they really wanted to. I recommend both the film and the book for those who love drama.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    My favorite movies would have to be Snatch, and Green Street.

If you haven't seen either of those then you are not a real man.

Women should watch them too.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    SLC Punk! one of my favorites

because its i dunno.. awesomeness. because of this....

Stevo: Wait, time out. I just wanted to ask real quick, if I can. You believe in rebellion, freedom and love, right?
    Mom: Absolutely, yes.
    Dad: Rebellion, freedom, love.
    Stevo: You two are divorced. So love failed. Two: Mom, your a New Ager, clinging to every scrap of Eastern religion that may justify why the above said love failed. Three: Dad, you're a slick, corporate, preppy-*** lawyer. I don't really have to say anything else about you do I dad? Four: You move from New York City, the Mecca and hub of the cultural world to Utah! Nowhere! To change nothing! More to perpetuate this cycle of greed, fascism and triviality. Your movement of the people, by and for the people got you... nothing! You just hide behind some lost sense of drugs, sex and rock and roll. Ooooh, Kumbaya! I am the future! I am the future of this great nation which you, father, so arrogantly saved this world for. Look, I have my own agenda. Harvard, out. University of Utah, in. I'm gonna get a 4.0 in damage. I love you guys! Don't get me wrong, it's all about this. But for the first time in my life, I'm 18 and I can say "**** YOU!"
    Dad: Steven, I didn't sell out son. I bought in. Keep that in mind. That kid's gonna make a hell of a lawyer, huh?
    Mom: Yeah, he takes after his father. He's a son of a *****.
    Dad: Well **** you dear.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Do I really have to say anything else about this one?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The film I like the most is Wuthering Heights (1994). the production is simplistic, the cast looks amateur compared to the characters. the plot... that's a film full of passion yet extremely tragic. like the book, it's bitter to the point you'll hate the protagonists for what they do but you'll love them for what they really wanted to. I recommend both the film and the book for those who love drama.

Hmm, are you talking about Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte? I searched it on IMDB and there was no 1994 version.

I have the book lying on my shelf. Got it from someone, and never read it yet.

Oh yea, my favourite movie for the summer was district 9. The way it was showed is just pure awesomess. I live in Toronto and saw one of the advertisements saying "No prawn loitering" or something like that like a legit governement poster. The interview/newsbroadcast aspects were really well done. Just really well done.

Lol, the advertisement is on wikipedia. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/District-9_advertising_Canterbury_Tail_25_June_2009.jpg/450px-District-9_advertising_Canterbury_Tail_25_June_2009.jpg
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Hmm, are you talking about Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte? I searched it on IMDB and there was no 1994 version.

I have the book lying on my shelf. Got it from someone, and never read it yet.
    ops sorry. that was 1992. btw many people prefer the older version from 1939. a new version is to be relased next year but I don't expect much from it... the book is only worth reading if you like the story. it's not an easy book.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Dire_Straits - Dreamweaver
    Dire_Straits - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Like- Shawshank Redemption, Fellowship of the Ring, Twelve Monkeys.

Dislike- Movies with cheap plots, directing, overacting, idiotic expenditure of shooting with useless time wasting materials... I just don't remember my most hated movies because I never sat long enough to finish one or remember its nameb:shutup
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Like: Saw

I like gore and I find it funny. Hmm...b:cuteIs it wrong to like other people's pain? But, nah it's amusing.

I also like Battle Royale. Battle Royale is about students who are forced to kill one another until one student is left standing. If they don't then they will be killed by the bomb collars they are wearing. And they have 3 days to do it - EPIC. The American rip-off (The Condemned) was horrible =(

Hate: Twilight (Do I have to really explain why I hate it? We'll be all day.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • Floyd - Heavens Tear
    Floyd - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i loved the movie = the thing (yeah it's a old movie) i loved how it was it's about this monster that can take shape and form of any 1 and that any givin point the monster will come out it had real not shape or anything to it.

i didn't like. "no county for old men" it was a eh movie didn't care for it to much but thats just me lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] shed no tears, show no fear
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Twilight: OMGZ I Sparklz!
    Please... The suthor must have been on heavy sparkles. The absolute worst movie/book in history like One Missed Call

Speaking of which, why the freak do they all have boost phones?! Bad Japanese re-make.

The movies I like are the original disney movies like Mulan (Because she kicks butt), The Lion King (Because Simba rocks), Pocahontas (Because she is just FOW), and Fox and the Hound (Because BFF are awesome). All this new Disney **** can burn, though I did like Brother Bear and Surf's Up. But none beats the originals.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Swdgy - Heavens Tear
    Swdgy - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    300 lol b:chuckle the combination of reality and fantasy is... lolz

death note 1,2 yay! :) (3 is ****, nothing to do with the actual plot)

last and least, a short documentry about rasism and discrimination against black people made by michael moore or something. b:laugh sooooooo funny. "slowly put those wallets on the ground! now step away from the wallets!"

The movie I hate the most? well I don't really like all those annoying perfect world ads that are poorly made. JUST KIDDING >.< b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] yay :) ^.^
    stuffed a bunch of my favorite animes into 1 signature lolz
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Meet Joe Black - all time favorite movie.

The movie I hate the most....hmm...He's just not that into you.
    I know all you guys will say how it's a chick flick anyway, but I'm a girl, and the main character annoyed me to such an extent that it ruined the whole movie.
    Also anything with zombies these days. I mean I'm all for some horror films, but those things are repeated more than the when are tideborns coming out topics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Silvatar - Sanctuary
    Silvatar - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Do I really have to say anything else about this one?

b:victory Holy Grail; Life of Brian; Meaning of Life; Jabberwocky; .....etc..... Monty Python - all time best comedy ensemble.

However, my favourite movie would probably be The Gods Must be Crazy (I or II - both are great). A wonderful 80's film that revived traditional slapstick comedy. Carries a powerful, but not intrusive, underlying critique of modern day society. It was frequently criticised for its idealistic portrayal of bushmen but its intent was more about challenging us to reflect on our own cultural habitat so I, for one, am willing to grant a little artistic license.
  • itofuman
    itofuman Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well some movie i really like:
    South Park
    A ClockWork Orange
    If...
    Saw (the series in general)
    SuperBad

Some movie i really dont like:
    Twilight (i really dont understand why its so popular)
    Transformers I & II (i just dont like transformers in general)

I like The Dark Knight but (like i said above) i dont understand why it gets praised soo much. I was reading an article called "top 100 movies you should watch before you die" and alot of people where upset because Dark Knight didnt make the cut and alot people were making death threats to the guy that wrote it, and i didnt understand why? The Dark Knight is a good movie, but i really dont like Batman in general the only 3 villians i liked are The Joker, Penguin, And Mr. Freeze(Arnold FTW)