Where is the In Game Rules?

Kweas - Lost City
Kweas - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
Where is the In Game Rules? Where is the doc that tells us the code of conduct? I was told that is can get you banned to pk in a fb instance to include secret passage. I have looked and looked and I can not find the rules anywhere. I found the forum rules, I found the TOS and it does not have anything in it. I found a cool little chart of how long you can get banned for. But no official game rules.
Can someone please provide me a link so I can know please?
b:cry
Post edited by Kweas - Lost City on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms
    There rules are all here, you just didnt read it.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    section 11 of the ToS basically encompasses all game rules:

Article N specifically applies to a lot of things: "(n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service."

PKing is not inherently harassment, but if you repeatedly PK a person and prevent them from being able to play the game normally then this would qualify as harassment. b:victory
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Where is the In Game Rules? Where is the doc that tells us the code of conduct? I was told that is can get you banned to pk in a fb instance to include secret passage. I have looked and looked and I can not find the rules anywhere. I found the forum rules, I found the TOS and it does not have anything in it. I found a cool little chart of how long you can get banned for. But no official game rules.
    Can someone please provide me a link so I can know please?
    b:cry

The SP thing is mostly people complaining that you are Harrassing them. And since harrassing is against the TOS, you get banned.....
    Someday, with all the complaining, PWE is just going to turn PVP servers into PVE servers, so they do not have to keep dealing with pkers that complain when they get pked.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    section 11 of the ToS basically encompasses all game rules:

Article N specifically applies to a lot of things: "(n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service."

PKing is not inherently harassment, but if you repeatedly PK a person and prevent them from being able to play the game normally then this would qualify as harassment. b:victory

so does that mean while im playing on my lowbie archer that is 200 hour red and people wont stop pking him and they keep him in safe even when im trying to quest that i can report that person?
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Apparently people are getting banned for PKing in secret passage.

I know that if I was pking in a secret passage and a GM told me to let the lowbies pass, the only logical option would be to aoe everyone while screaming YOU SHALL NOT PASS,

but then I would be banned.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Obviously if you are an active participant in Pk it can't really be considered harassment.

I know everyone is going to try to find crazy exceptions to ask about so I will finish with this: if you are in doubt of any specific action and you are worried that it qualifies as harassment, send in a ticket and the GMs will be happy to clarify for you.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    if you chose to play on LC, you are stuck with getting killed at the whim of stupid players who love to ruin other people's game, and get killed over and over. move to a PVE server, where it is safer, and you can stay bluenamed.
    so does that mean while im playing on my lowbie archer that is 200 hour red and people wont stop pking him and they keep him in safe even when im trying to quest that i can report that person?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart