Need help with my Bm

tebo
tebo Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Blademaster
ok so my Bm is here http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=b9b55896a7e443af

i keep dieing vs magic mobs and am finding it very unpleasant to lv w/o charms
( dam gold prices >_>)

is my gear ok or do i need to put alot more work into it

any tips would be apeciated ( im considering rerolling a barb or mage because ever since lv 65 questing has been hard )
Post edited by tebo on

Comments

• Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You look low on HP... like, dangerously low. Forgive me if it seems rude, but you are using the proper Alter Marrow, right?

And yeah, in the 60s you don't get many quests. It starts to pick up again in the 70s.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Barb is going to be harder to level, no experience with mage here. But try to pick out the magic mobs that are by them self, start with roar or Shadowless, and use a pair non-zerk axes if you are not aoe-ing. Hope your Sutra is leveled, that helps a lot. Grind on thieves by Sanctuary and maybe mobs on NightScream. And don't put HP shards on weapons anymore. o_o

Oh yeah, start asking your faction to take you to Rebirth Gamma as a second BM. Once you learned Gamma, forget about all your quests other than cults and do them at 86. If you want to stay at 85 and farm Gamma for a bit by feeding exp to genie, doing quests before 86 is a waste of exp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • tebo
    edited October 2009
    OMG so srry those hp stones are in boots not my wepon. i just got the axes XD

im not using the marrows because magic mobs use both types of attacks. also i have a pair of TT axes :P. I didnt think my hp was that low o_O. what sould it be?
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I did fine with around your HP. Yeah, mobs in the swamp pwned me a few times when I aggroed too many, but I was fine 1v1. Try make some of the hp+100/sec orbs for those mobs I guess, or even life powder will do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    *shrug* I guess not, but to me it seems low. Most axe BMs I know are built to be mini-barbs and thus have a higher HP. >>
  • tebo
    edited October 2009
    well i used to be a sword bm , so i kept the dex for accuracy and crit
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    tebo wrote: »
    ok so my Bm is here http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=b9b55896a7e443af

i keep dieing vs magic mobs and am finding it very unpleasant to lv w/o charms
    ( dam gold prices >_>)

is my gear ok or do i need to put alot more work into it

any tips would be apeciated ( im considering rerolling a barb or mage because ever since lv 65 questing has been hard )

One of the main reasons might be the Calamity Axes, if you get several unnecessary procs, those 5% HP's really add up. Try experimenting between TT70 & Calamity. You shouldn't notice too much differences.
    You look low on HP... like, dangerously low. Forgive me if it seems rude, but you are using the proper Alter Marrow, right?

And yeah, in the 60s you don't get many quests. It starts to pick up again in the 70s.

Haha, I think I had lower HP than him and Axes are my main path weapon.

By the way, just open your attacks with Shadowless Kick to cancel the first magic damage, then use Roar of the Pride to cancel out the second wave of magic attacks, by the time Roar is over, you should of killed the mob.

Remember that Shadowless doesn't require a weapon to use, so you don't need to get a fist/claw weapon to use it ;D.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    have u learnt shadowless kick? even though it is a fist pathed skill, you can cast it unarmed. Just a lvl 1 should do it. You just need it for the effect of the skill.

Shadowless kick cancels a mob's channeling. Usually a mob attacks with mag attack first followed by phy attack.

Unequip ur axe, approach a mob, use shadowless kick, equip ur axe and there u go, physical damages to you should be a piece of cake.

edit: Just realised the post above has said it all.
    anyway try to get the cleric buffs before going out to grind, they do wonders. Esp the +mag def and recover buffs