Anyone else get screwed with the "free zhen" thing?

Nigrosity - Heavens Tear
Nigrosity - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Cash Shop Huddle
5 days and 4 emails later, have heard nothing back, no zhen, and have a gamefly account I need to cancel.

What a laughable joke, I should have known it was a scam before I wasted my time and did that.

Yes I was logged into my account, and yes I completed the offer in its entirety. Mysteriously haven't received a response to my emails or tickets in 4 days.
Post edited by Nigrosity - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    5 days and 4 emails later, have heard nothing back, no zhen, and have a gamefly account I need to cancel.

What a laughable joke, I should have known it was a scam before I wasted my time and did that.

Yes I was logged into my account, and yes I completed the offer in its entirety. Mysteriously haven't received a response to my emails or tickets in 4 days.

Yep, I did the whole E-Mail thing with them, completed my credit card offer with indisputable proof, and wasn't rewarded my Zen. I used offerpal btw.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I got a couple, but most of them are "still pending".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Nigrosity - Heavens Tear
    Nigrosity - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I got a couple, but most of them are "still pending".

It's not even pending

what a ripoff/joke, just like the rest of the things this company does

should have just let the damn game run and fixed bugs, but no they haaad to exploit vulnerable addicted gamers for $1000's of dollars, and if they didn't pay up they fell massively behind

I know personally I will never make up the difference in not having a +45 tome and endgame gear
  • koukou
    koukou Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The only reason PWI came up with those "free" zen thing, is because their european competitor came up with something similar a few weeks before them....
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The reason you've been getting no response is because PWI is NOT in control of when/if you get your zen. You have to contact Gambit/Offerpal/SuperRewards to receive assistance.

I personally have recieved over 30 bucks of free zen in the last 3 days thanks to this system, and while it's not foolproof(I've missed A LOT of zen payouts for some obscure reason), it only takes like 2 minutes for a two dollar payout. basically, you can get a gold charm for literally less than an hour of work, which is an output only matched in speed by swiping a credit card.

So suck it up, don't do credit card offers(they inevitable result in charges), and stick with it. It works, you just have to make an effort in understanding it.

Also, protips:

Use the mouse as much as you can. I went through several offers with just TAB + Arrow keys, and got nothing. Going through them with the mouse again made it go through.

Also, if you don't get zen the first time, try again the next day with the same info. Sometime it "rams it through."

Have fun "browser-grinding." I love this unique addition to PWI. Makes the high gold prices near meaningless to me.
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    When will people realize that nothing in life is "free"...
    64685004_b33f9272f0.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If you haven't been credited your Zen after 24 hours, you need to email the company hosting the offer.

If you haven't read this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=423872

It has a lot of information on the system and tells you what to do if you haven't been credited when you should have.

Edit: got some clarification - feel free to ticket PWE and they will help you resolve problems you may be having with offers not giving zen.
  • Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear
    Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    4 times, its a huge rip and i think it makes pwi look bad. the premise is wonderful and if it worked it would have been great. but sadly this is just not working. it was a good try just needs to be refined...again
  • Fate - Harshlands
    Fate - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I did two offers, got zen off of one of them. I've done this offer thing on other games. It's the same. Some offers actually give the rewards, some don't.
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I got some zhen but most of the offers and surveys didn't give ****
  • Fyrelyte - Sanctuary
    Fyrelyte - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'm actually pretty happy with the Free Offers thing. I've received 7200 zen (72 gold, I think) from offers alone. Did the Discover credit card one (canceled that soon after), 7-day trial of Blockbuster (canceled w/in the hour because I'd already received the payout), some of the smaller Survey/join this site for xx zen, and the 7-day trial of Emusic (times 2).

Although, there's a few Gambit offers (choose Blackberry vs. Iphone, etc.) for 200-300 zen that have yet to go through (been a few weeks now...). I sent in the form on the site, got emailed about it posing questions like "Has anyone else done this offer from your computer?" (which is a no) buuuuut, it doesn't tell me where to send my answers. D: A big, fat "NO NOT REPLY TO THIS AUTOMATED MESSAGE" is posted at the top and bottom of the response. Soooo, dead end there. But oh well.

Never did the Gamefly one, but from other posts on the forums, you're apparently not the only one who's had problems with this offer. Word of advice for the future: Unless you really do want the service, never sign up for actual accounts that charge you right then and there. All the ones that I signed up for that I had to provide credit card info for had 7-day free trials. So, I had 6 days to wait and see if I'd get the payout, and then I could easily cancel at no charge to me. Worked out awesomely in my case.

My suggestion would be to contact Gamefly directly (not through any link on the Offers page, as that apparently hasn't worked out thus far) and try to talk to them directly. Most places provide a form on the website and a phone number to call for customer service. Good luck.
    "My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."
    -Neurosis

"An interesting concept. Perhaps we should ask an archer. They seem to be the math wizs here."
    -SaberArturia
    Quoted for truth. b:victory
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Netflix and Blockbuster have worked for me. EMusic failed for me, but I guess it was because I cancelled fast. Discover I have yet to do. Some of the tinier amounts have worked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Make sure you read everything over 100%. Most of them are legit, but slimey in a lawyer sorta way (mostly the free ones), so read everything and don't close the browser or leave until you are completly sure you've followed all the steps required.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Sorry to hear you got gimped in this particular run, but Ive recieved my zen in a few offers. Its just a bit of a **** shoot on the part of outside companies, so becareful on what you try. Best of luck to you in getting your offer resolved.

-Raine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Kahltriss - Heavens Tear
    Kahltriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I figured I'd try to sign up for a few of the small cheap ones, but it's basically done nothing but destroy my e-mail box with spam now.

Was stupid for even following the links in the first place.

And even after jumping through about 50 pages of hoops and "click here to continue", I never got credit for a single offer.

"Offers" like this reflect poorly upon you, PWI. But I guess also upon me for being stupid enough to give anyone my e-mail address in the first place. b:sad

It's a decision I regret making, and I won't do it again.

If you haven't tried signing up for any of these "offers", don't bother. Not unless you like reading lots and lots AND LOTS of spam.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It's not even pending

what a ripoff/joke, just like the rest of the things this company does

should have just let the damn game run and fixed bugs, but no they haaad to exploit vulnerable addicted gamers for $1000's of dollars, and if they didn't pay up they fell massively behind

I know personally I will never make up the difference in not having a +45 tome and endgame gear

Yes you will. +45 tomes won't be the best available tomes forever. Current end game gear won't always be the end game gear. You're a bit behind right now, but think about things more long term, unless you only plan to play the game short term, in which case, getting that gear or not isn't a big deal anyways, as you wouldn't be around to use it for long.
  • Raivon - Lost City
    Raivon - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well I for one have only done a small assortment of the free offers and surveys. Quite a few didnt come through but they only took ten minutes each at most. And so far as of right now I've made 10 gold from them. Isnt much but thats 10 more gold than I had before.. and it was free. And I havent signed up for anything other than letting those few survey sites spam one of my email accounts that I never use anyways.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    koukou wrote: »
    The only reason PWI came up with those "free" zen thing, is because their european competitor came up with something similar a few weeks before them....

Yes, i saw the same in german version but most of players are unhappy about this offer and flaming the forums to stop it (and i agree with them). I think its irresponsible to make such insecure offers. Yes, its nice you got all your free ZEN, but i think more of kids who play this game and fall for offers like "get your free iphone, sign up now" . They give their personal (real) data and close a contract without reading general terms.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Phuzzz - Sanctuary
    Phuzzz - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ummm this offer thing never worked with me, but a friend of mine told me not to do it because after she did and got zhen, 1 week later she got charged around 170 USD on her credit card for 50 gold, I don't know what went wrong, offers do not apply to my country anyways b:surrender but read between the lines in the policy so you wont get screwed if what happened was true
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Many of the "Free" offers need to be moved in to the pay offers catagory And most of thoes are just fraudlent period. The ones from the big names like blockbuster, netflix, etc. are ok but like 90% ur never going to get anything from anyway cause they are info selling scams.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    What worries me more is that some of those pages are considered untrustworthy. I use FF and have WOT add on. For example, Perfspot Social Network was considered as untrustworthy.
    Can't say about other offers more - weirdly, I don't see them in FF or Opera, but at IE I can't log in.