have i screwed up?

Kiyanaa - Lost City
Kiyanaa - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Barbarian
i have started a barbarian character on the lsot city server and think i have been applying my stats wrong, i am lvl 18 and at the moment have 26.vit 6mag. 63.str 11.Dex. have i done this wrong? if so is it too late too change it and still have a good high lvl character when i reach higher lvls?
Post edited by Kiyanaa - Lost City on

Comments

• Kimmahri - Harshlands
    Kimmahri - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well, except for the point you gave to magic everything is fine IMO, and you can easily reset that point later on in the game. the important thing if you are going for tank build is to give enough str and dex for next level equip (in your case for level 19 dual hammer and level 20 heavy plate) and the rest goes to vit.
  • Kiyanaa - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    and i put that point on magic by accident :L
    and how would i reset it?
  • Pint - Dreamweaver
    Pint - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Can buy a reset stone from the boutique and give to Elder in arch.
  • Kiyanaa - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    i have no gold :(
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    LOL why would reset one point?

your build looks great so far as a typical tank build. b:victory
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    1 point in mag will hardly hinder you in the long run. leave it alone and dont bother with a reset at all. the coin/cash it would cost you doesn't justify gaining just one more point in either dex/vit/str - unless you reset mag down to 3 (which i can't verify if this can be done - only heard about it) then you come out getting 3 points to one of those categories - vit if your a tank. this will be 51 extra HP you're lookin at. I dont know off hand how STR affect def/attack nor DEX your evasion/accuracy - but you gotta think, "does the cost justify the benefit?" I'd say no. Just keep on keeping on, take a look at the build chart stickied in this section to keep yourself updated as to where you should be at point wise, and dont put any more into mag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It could also be equipment adding the stat, in which case there is nothing to worry about at all. =3 Depending on if you want Tank/Hybrid/DD build depends on where you will set your stats. You'll need minimum Dex for equips, regardless. If you're going tank, minimum STR as well and pumping as much as possible into VIT. Hybrid finds a balance in VIT/STR so that you can tank well and still deal decent damage. DD build is more into STR. Not many barbs I know go that path.
  • Gabriil - Lost City
    Gabriil - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ...unless you reset mag down to 3 (which i can't verify if this can be done - only heard about it) then you come out getting 3 points to one of those categories - vit if your a tank. this will be 51 extra HP you're lookin at.

Yes, stats can be taken down to 3. My magic is 3, but I restet it from 13. This is my first time playing an mmorpg, therefore, my knowledge was 0, now it's... something. Point is I had misplaced 10 points :) Don't waste your cash for 3 points, not unless you can afford... 5 bucks, if I'm not wrong, for the 3 stat points.

Also, keep looking at the next armour piece available, next weapon available, etc and aim to have the necessary stats for the gear as it comes available. If you wanna go pure vit with your leftover points, that's up to you. Read the sticky!
  • Shadowfalll - Lost City
    Shadowfalll - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    everyone you've been a great help :)
    i'm going to carry on with my tanking now :P