Whats cheaper.....

Options
Kila_Master - Harshlands
Kila_Master - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Wizard
I know there are some threads with this at the topic, but im to lazy to use the search function. What is cheaper for a wizard: Pots or a charm..... I know that gold prices are crazy atm, but lets say hypothetically, gold was 250k per peice.

Thankx for any comments or advice.
Post edited by Kila_Master - Harshlands on

Comments

• Satuki - Harshlands
    Satuki - Harshlands Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    charms

there is some super gah equation but yea its cheaper.
    and if you have to resort to pots, use apoth.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    apothecary.
    Pots are for incredibly lazy ppl. So they are expensive ... well not quite, they should be double how much they are right now
    Charm at 1.5 -1.6 mil/ piece you can call it whatever u want but not cheap.
    Don't farm, buy herbs for 1.5mil and make apothecary mana regen. I bet it will give you at least double the MP than a charm

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kila_Master - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    im just so lazy. XD. cant help it. where are some good areas for herbs?>.>
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    im just so lazy. XD. cant help it. where are some good areas for herbs?>.>

level 3 pots: sundown town, level 4 pots: dreamweaver (though you are 61, hard to stay alife then...). Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    There are three kinds of "mana pots" in this game:

1) blue pots that drop from mobs. You can also buy them from Apothecary.
    -Don't use these, they aren't worth it. Just NPC them for coins and buy Yuanxiao (see below)

2) crafted mp recovery potions (Jade Powder, Concentrate Orb, etc). These are fine but at higher levels you won't want your good pots on cooldown all the time (antistun, chi, invincibility, etc).

3) event pots, ie Sesame Yuanxiao and Herb Yuanxiao. These are the best value *by far*. You don't get wasted MP the way you do with a charm, you pay way less per mp than with any other item, they recharge your mp way faster than the other potions, they work while you have Dragon's Breath going, go buy a stack of them right now while they're still kinda-sorta cheap from event.

At 250k/gold, and generously assuming there's a charm pack sale, that's 1mil/charm. Right now they're cheaper than that, though, so let's say 750k/charm. That's 1.2 mana per coin. If you buy Sesame Yuanxiao at 1k each, that's 3 mana per coin. Herb Yuanxiao at 1.5k each is an even better deal. Stick with these, don't waste your time and money on an mp charm.
  • Kila_Master - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    k. Caliope, i agree, but how do u get Sesame Yuanxiao besides through events?
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Buy from players. There should be tons of cat shops selling them.

Alternatively, buy Luck Tokens. 3 tokens gets you 50 Herb Yuanxiao, which is 250000 mana. Tokens might have gotten up to 20k/each on Heaven's Tear, that's still more than 4 mana per coin! Even at 50k/token you'd still be better off than if you bought charms.

Getting yuanxiao yourself during events is best, but just stock up when you can and you'll be fine.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Apoth for the win. If you're grinding, use the MP regeneration powders. Or, since you might get hit, just use the 50/50 HP/MP regen powder. My favorite.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    There are three kinds of "mana pots" in this game:

1) blue pots that drop from mobs. You can also buy them from Apothecary.
    -Don't use these, they aren't worth it. Just NPC them for coins and buy Yuanxiao (see below)

2) crafted mp recovery potions (Jade Powder, Concentrate Orb, etc). These are fine but at higher levels you won't want your good pots on cooldown all the time (antistun, chi, invincibility, etc).

3) event pots, ie Sesame Yuanxiao and Herb Yuanxiao. These are the best value *by far*. You don't get wasted MP the way you do with a charm, you pay way less per mp than with any other item, they recharge your mp way faster than the other potions, they work while you have Dragon's Breath going, go buy a stack of them right now while they're still kinda-sorta cheap from event.

At 250k/gold, and generously assuming there's a charm pack sale, that's 1mil/charm. Right now they're cheaper than that, though, so let's say 750k/charm. That's 1.2 mana per coin. If you buy Sesame Yuanxiao at 1k each, that's 3 mana per coin. Herb Yuanxiao at 1.5k each is an even better deal. Stick with these, don't waste your time and money on an mp charm.

exactly, i bought about 2 mil worth of the sesames during jolly jones event, have used like 1000 out of 5000+ that i bought. I cant tell you how good it feels to get out of an HH 2-3 using like 30 pots (30k worth now, but with price i bought them out, like 10k) and hearing a charm wearer use up 1/4 to half an mp charm. I never use pots on mobs, while their charm is ticking.. and i regen over 10k mp between each boss. On top of all that, when i watch them spark, often times the mp they'd regen from the spark is lost because their charm just ticked and they already have full mp. Another note is that when i wellspring, i just med to have it regen, while someone with a charm would get a tick. i usually see charmed wizards skipping wellspring, but they lose some of the regen from spark. Im pretty sure i stopped using mp charms when id go mat farming and have a tick just clearing a mob then having plenty of time to regen for the next one. PvP again helps to use pots. When u die, using a pot is much nicer than getting that 6k+ tick. So not only are pots WAY cheaper than charms mp/coin wise, u can choose when to use them to take advantage of all the regen that is free. The only reason to use a charm is for the convenience, but ur really paying alot for that.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I did a fb99 run last night for my past culti. We moved a little more cautiously than I would have liked, but at least I was regenerating mana at the time, and I got to use my chi skill more.

I used a grand total of 5 Herb Yuanxiao over the course of the whole dungeon. Triple spark + normal regen gave the rest. There's just no comparison between yuanxiao and mp charms.
  • CrashmanOl - Dreamweaver
    CrashmanOl - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Manufacturing MP powders are definitely better then the store bought ones. Takes anywhere from 4-6 of the store bought mp pots that are my level to refill my MP. Where as i can use one powder and be almost full. If i have trouble finding the herbs i need i ask around the faction. i haven't paid a single coin for my herbs. And while i grind if i see an herb i would need i grab it. usually when i'm done all i need to find is one more herb from a different level area and that takes me maybe 20 - 30 min.

Charms are for people that are lazy and have the money to get gold. Although the low HP charm lasts a good while for myself. i only recently used up my quest one from a while ago.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Use a sword. You can buff yourself & never have to use mana pots b:victory
  • Hikarue - Harshlands
    Hikarue - Harshlands Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well I am not wizard. But I find the hp, and mp charms cheaper. They last longer, and are dependable. And once they are equiped your good. And that saves you from buying, or forgetting to buy pots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CrashmanOl - Dreamweaver
    CrashmanOl - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Use a sword. You can buff yourself & never have to use mana pots b:victory

lol... then i wouldn't be a wizzy now would i b:laugh
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well I am not wizard. But I find the hp, and mp charms cheaper. They last longer, and are dependable. And once they are equiped your good. And that saves you from buying, or forgetting to buy pots.

They also save you from forgetting to use the pots. Also charms heal instantly (which is good for hp but not mp) (>.<)
    Lol ran a BH51 wyvern a couple of hours ago and about 5 minutes before I accidentally equipped the quest guardian charm you get at like level 15. b:shocked which I was frigging saving for a possible zhen session. b:infuriated darn phantom mouse drop or whatever it's called~
    Lol strangely enough shortly after we go we accidentally aggro fushma. (>.<) the bear cub wasn't fast enough. xD And the next thing you know the 4 patrols reach us. Well since our tank was lagging a bit and busy with fushma I had a mob chasing me around for a full minute and the only thing that saved me was the guardian charm I equipped. xD
    Then after fushma we reach wyvern and his aoe does 1.2k damage while I only have 1.3k life. b:shocked charm ticks saving me again. (^.^)
    me only regret is that it lasted only one run. (T.T)'
    10k heal doesn't get you very far. =(

Sure you would! You'll be some sort of Jedi or something. O.o' *darn if only frostblade made your actual weapon glow blue instead of just your hand.* (>.<)
    you already have the force. xD Force of will~
    Now make the hamster a sammich~ ("')(O.o)("')
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sure you would! You'll be some sort of Jedi or something. O.o' *darn if only frostblade made your actual weapon glow blue instead of just your hand.* (>.<)
    you already have the force. xD Force of will~
    Now make the hamster a sammich~ ("')(O.o)("')

You sir are swimming in prosauce b:victory
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options

*coughs* I'm a wizard who uses dual hammers... Does that make me not a wizzy?
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    *coughs* I'm a wizard who uses dual hammers... Does that make me not a wizzy?

It doesb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It doesb:chuckle

Heh. I know. My friends and I joke about me being a BM who went to school with Harry Potter.