Trouble Getting In

Options
MakotoNemuri - Lost City
MakotoNemuri - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Support Desk
I usually can get in fine, but now when I press start, nothing happens. No error or pop-up, just nothing. The Element Client simply goes away and nothing else appears or happens. I'm not sure what is happening or what I can do. No matter how much I restart the computer nothing works. If anyone knows what I can do to solve this problem, please tell me. ^^

I'm not sure, but I suppose after the Windows Police Pro thing came up, this happened. That is gone now and still nothing, so I'm not sure that matters, but I just thought I should mention it. ><
Post edited by MakotoNemuri - Lost City on

Comments

• Reyghan - Heavens Tear
    Reyghan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The same thing hapen to me. Aparently in my case i belive is caused after a disc cleanup, or after delete internet history. Sadly a dont know how to deal with this.
  • MakotoNemuri - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It sucks and is rather frustrating. I hope I can fix it soon, but naturally I'll need help. ><
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Have you tried to "Verify" your client version, using the Verify button on the launch screen? This should pick up any faulty/missing files with your client and let you know if you need to repatch. Try this and let me know how it goes but hopefully this should fix the issue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'll try that again.
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm not sure, but I suppose after the Windows Police Pro thing came up, this happened. That is gone now and still nothing, so I'm not sure that matters, but I just thought I should mention it. ><

Thought I would look this up since it sounded suspicious, Windows police pro is a spyware application. With some spyware applications they can block your access to certain sites/ip addresses.

Here are the instructions to remove this file, (this one may be more user friendly on a less techie level)which i realise you've mention you''ve done, but it's worth double checking that your steps for uninstalling the application cover all steps mentioned here as these programs tend to leave trace elements on your PC.

Then I would highly recommend running an anti-spyware/maleware application. I recommend maleware bytes as it is available for free from Cnet's downlaods.com and is a highly ranked and trusted application and distributer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'll try the Maleware Bytes now. Verification went through, but no change. The program, Windows Police Pro, appears to be gone, so I'll try the anti-spyware run now. ^^:
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Domo arigatou gozaimasu, QTKyuubi. That program, maleware bytes, worked and I can get back on again. This is great. ^^
This discussion has been closed.