Which cleric skills most important?

Tazi - Heavens Tear
Tazi - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Cleric
Hi.

I decided to start a cleric for those days that my wizard and veno just aren't satisfying me......

I think I'm going to just keep her at arcane and do the same atty points, hpshards and pdef shards that I do with my wizard. For now anyway.

In your opinions which cleric skills are most important to get first, which ones are pointless to get until certain level and which ones are pointless all together?

Thanks!
Tazi-aka-JettaBugg-aka Blaisse
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard - Tazi 100
Psychic - Anastaszia 70
Post edited by Tazi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1331 >>

Ironheart is good for spam healing and stacks up to three times. You can stack it on yourself during solo fighting/grinding.

Wellspring Surge is good for a quick boost in HP.

You will need to get the 30 minute buffs at least, if not the 1hr ones.

Purify, you want this skill no matter your build.

Plumeshot - spam skill.

Great Cyclone - awesome damage.

Tempest - it looks cool and is pretty damn good in pvp.

This guide is also pretty good about skills to level up... http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=11781 Just a different style of playing.

Most people will want you to max out Revive.

Um... I've seen some higher leveled clerics owning with aoe. For that you'd need tempest and razorfeathers.
  • Tazi - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    cool thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizard - Tazi 100
    Psychic - Anastaszia 70
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm no expert on this though. My highest leveled cleric (I have two) is L39.
  • Tazi - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    well, if you're veno is a lvl 94 I'm pretty sure you've learned plenty about clerics in that time just from every day play with others. :)
    I trust the advice. :)b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizard - Tazi 100
    Psychic - Anastaszia 70
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    IH stacks up to 5 times, I think.

The only additional attack skill I would mention is Wield Thunder. Personally I prioritized leveling that instead of Tempest until WT was maxed.

Some of the buffs shouldn't be a priority (mainly the HP/MP recovery buff) It's not that it isn't usefull, but it isn't a priotiry in my book. The increased magical attack is the most important of them, followed by the two defense buffs.

Purify is awesome, but don't go out of your way to max it right away. You can easily live with it at lvl 6-7 until you reach the later levels where spirit is abundant.

Just off the top of my head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Tazi - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    IH stacks up to 5 times, I think.

The only additional attack skill I would mention is Wield Thunder. Personally I prioritized leveling that instead of Tempest until WT was maxed.

Some of the buffs shouldn't be a priority (mainly the HP/MP recovery buff) It's not that it isn't usefull, but it isn't a priotiry in my book. The increased magical attack is the most important of them, followed by the two defense buffs.

Purify is awesome, but don't go out of your way to max it right away. You can easily live with it at lvl 6-7 until you reach the later levels where spirit is abundant.

Just off the top of my head.

Cool. Thanks! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizard - Tazi 100
    Psychic - Anastaszia 70
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Just bear in mind that eventually you will have spirit points coming out the wazoo - so it's not a matter of which skills you can max, it's a matter of which skills to level first.

Focus on IH, Wellspring, and Purify (up to lvl 7ish) for healing early and plume and great cyclone for attacking. Basically in the early levels as long as you don't level Blessing of the Purehearted or (in my opinion) Thunderball - it's kind of hard to go too far wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Black_lce - Heavens Tear
    Black_lce - Heavens Tear Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    father tedds right, the main skills u want to max are:
    plume shot
    plume shell
    great cyclone
    weild thunder
    vangaurd spirit
    magic shell
    spirit's gift
    iornheart blessing
    silent seal(optional)

i personaly left wellspring at one and use it to build chi as it takes no mp cost at lvl 1 pretty much, but i will max it when i have sp. i heard lvl 5 was a good lvl to get it at though till u do lvl it.
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    No idea if Ironheart only stacks 5 times. To be frank, when you're out there healing those barbs on bosses like Ancient Evil, you're SPAMMING the hell out of your skill.

Pretty much, whichever path you go:
    Ironheart
    Purify (definitely for bosses like Krimson and FB69)
    Cyclone
    Plume Shot
    Vanguard
    Magic Shell
    Spirit's Gift

After that, it depends what you want to do more.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
    edited September 2009
    i thought ir stacked as many u can cast in 15 sec, so i guess the faster the chan, the more u can stack. same for rejuv.
  • Alerean - Heavens Tear
    Alerean - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm pretty sure there is no stack limit, or if there is it is high enough to not matter. Its certainly higher than 5 however as with no -chan gear 5 is how many a single cleric can spam. However if you have two clerics healing the same target the heal is stronger and that would require a higher limit than simply 5.
  • Urahara - Harshlands
    Urahara - Harshlands Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    In your opinions which cleric skills are most important to get first,

Thunderball.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ciara_Sable - Heavens Tear
    Ciara_Sable - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What you level first depends on what you want to be. At lvl 21, I'm personally going with a mix talent cleric, heavy on MAG at levelups. The following are the skills I've been bumping up (in order):

Vanguard - Defense buff. The better protected someone is, the less they get hurt (in theory.) Shoot, at lvl 21 I've had lvl 40 plus characters asking to be buffed, so that 35% def increase is useful to quite a few people out there.

Ironheart's Blessing - people talk about it already, it's the best "bang for your buck" heal I've got at low levels for what I do. I macro'd 3 Ironhearts and a Wellspring for my panic button ;)

Wellspring - basic heal

Magic Shell - magic defense buff. (Anyone else remember the ice cream topping called Magic Shell? It got hard when you put it on ice cream. I giggle to myself when I buff someone with this, I imagine them candy coated :p )

Blessing of the purehearted is pretty much useless to me, it's slow and doesn't do as much as the other two heals. It doesn't get any level up love at all.

Plume Shot- good basic 'boom' spell

Cyclone - it has a nice stun. I don't solo so it's not high on my list to keep up.

I have Thunderball. It would be a nice spell, a damage over time, but it's soooo slowwww.... my hunting partner has destroyed whatever he's hitting by the time this thing fires off. I guess it'd be better in a situation where the mob lasts a while, but generally at that point I'm too busy spamming heals to worry about giving the monster a headache.

I do find myself way short on spirit though, and I hate it. I can't recall when I'll be able to get purify but that's next on my skill want list.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Happy are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ooh another cleric wannabe! b:cute YES! Anyways heres my list:

Ironheart - You MUST max it out when you can -.-

Revive - Unless you wanna drive people crazy, get this and max it out for your level

Wield Thunder - Unbelieveably, it can really help, but don't get it in the earlier levels.... Wait for level 50+ in my opinion

Plume Shot - This is a killer I swear..... At least for a while. Fastest with the highest attack you'll have for a while

BB - You need BB... I won't even joke about it. Bonus? Its cool

And lots more! But try to get buffs like Spirit's Gift <333
    b:bye Cya later then!
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thunderball.

Do. Not. EVER.

As a cleric, you will be constantly watching your mp. Cleric skills devour mp: you get used to it, and learn to compensate. Personally, I suggest every cleric get at least to level 2 in Apothecary. so they can make themselves handy focus powders. It's either that, or invest in spirit charms.

Thunderball, it so happens, is a terrible mp hog. It is not efficient at all. Get Thunderball at level 1, just so you can get Wield Thunder... but DO NOT LEVEL THUNDERBALL. It's a waste of spirit and mp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have a cleric lvl 50+ , and as far as skills are concerned this is where i went :

- Plume shot
    - cyclone

Those 2 are lvld up like crazy because i solo a lot, absolutely neccessary.

Buffing/resists :

- Ironheart : you'll use it a LOT. max when you can without forgetting others oc.
    - Vanguard , magic shell and spirits gift : all 3 give very good buffs and needed for soloing AND in party/bosses.
    - NEVER EVER lvl thunderball, it sucks and takes to long and to much mp use.
    - Wield Thunder : great for an opening shot followed by combo cyclone-plumeshots. Does good damage but takes longer to cast, good to start but not good in between other attacks.
    - Razor Feathers : an AoE attack, leave it low at start, only lvl with extra spirit IF you want to aoe at higher lvls (70+)
    Leave wellspring at lvl 1 and put it in a combo with Ironheart for a panic button.
    Revive : only level it past lvl 1 IF you party a lot. Low lvl's don't lose much exp anyway (lvl -20), after that, get it much higher with any surplus spirit you might have, the higher , the better for others.

Also decide what you want to become : support or attack.
    Support : lvl your buffs as soon as you can. Don't even think about giving spirit to your genie to lvl it. (waste).
    Attack : lvl your plume and cyclone as soon as possible, followed by the buffs.
    In both cases : forget Thunderball, max out the rest of attacks.

And yes, lvl your apo skills as much as you posibly can : all the goodies you can make DO help you lvl and may keep you alive. And the MA charms are great for soloing ;)

Almost forgot : Purify. Get it and lvl it up past lvl 40+, stacked poison can hurt a lot and a good purify is needed for some bosses/mobs. If you go against poison mobs make a macro with Purify-well-IB.clean before healing.
    HF.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
    edited September 2009
    Do. Not. EVER.

As a cleric, you will be constantly watching your mp. Cleric skills devour mp: you get used to it, and learn to compensate. Personally, I suggest every cleric get at least to level 2 in Apothecary. so they can make themselves handy focus powders. It's either that, or invest in spirit charms.

Thunderball, it so happens, is a terrible mp hog. It is not efficient at all. Get Thunderball at level 1, just so you can get Wield Thunder... but DO NOT LEVEL THUNDERBALL. It's a waste of spirit and mp.

just to get it out of the way, IR cost more mp than TB o.o

anyways, u can leave thunderball at 1, i actually started lvling it at 60 and maxed it at 70. it's not bad, i only use it in boss/elite mob fights; IH tank>IH tank>IH tank>Debuff (depending on aoe)>Thunderball rinse and repeat. mabye throwin a weild thunder here or there or watever i feel like doing =P

also, if u don't use powders, and u use a charm while healing, when u get 2 or3 sparks built up, use the sparks on adv. erupt, or triple, not tempest. adv. gives u 10% mp and makes ur heals 4x stronger, triple gives u 20% mp, makes ur heals 7x stronger, and either reduces chan by 25% or u take 25% less dmg.