Seriously???

msterious
msterious Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Chronicles
Ok so PWI changes some genie skills - not like we have a choice huh?

Tree of protection skill does not work. Submit a ticket to PWI and their solution for the problem they created is to:

unlearn the skill then relearn it.

Yes, spend another 300k spirit to relearn it to lvl 10 because it won't work unless you do.

Ok if that reasoning holds true, why didn't I have to relearn the Holy Path skill since it was changed and it's no longer applicable to squad?

hmmmm

...the scary thing is.... that reasoning made sense to someone in PWI
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Few bugs are very serious to play. And I'm really disappointed how GM "solve" this bugs. Sometimes they made more bugs with updates than repaired. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The problem most people have with Tree is that the requirements to be able to use it changed.

There's 2 requirements you must verify;

(1) The affinities were changed/increased. Its now 3 wood, and 4 water. If you dont have those affinities, the spell wont light up for you. This is the obvious one that most people have adjusted there genie for, but the 2nd most ppl dont.

(2) The genie level requirements were raised. It used to be genie level 10,15,20,25,etc for each successive level of Tree. Now its 31,36,41,46,etc. What this means is, your genie needs about 21 more levels to be able to use the same skill level of Tree. If you have, as an example, a level 40 genie, which therefore could have had Tree at skill level 7 (genie level requirement 40), with the new requirements, you can no longer use Tree skill level 7. Until your genie is level 31 you cant even use Tree at all. At level 40, the max level it could use is Tree level 2. Get your genie one more level (41) and it can use Tree skill level 3. You need to check out what skill level of Tree your genie can use at its experience level. Then you dont need to completely unlearn Tree, as the game lets you remove single levels of a skill at a time, you just have to take it down to whatever skill level it can use for its exp level. OR, give your genie roughly 21 more levels quickly & it'd catch back up to the requirements.
    Few bugs are very serious to play. And I'm really disappointed how GM "solve" this bugs. Sometimes they made more bugs with updates than repaired. b:shocked
    This isnt a bug. So many people i talk to do not adjust the skill for the new level requirements. Some dont even adjust it for the affinities. Both changes were in the patch notes. Its a matter of people not taking the time to inform themselves.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    yar learn to read properly.
    That should solve your ToP "bug" problem.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.