Wizards Rock Paper Scissors

Tawnos - Dreamweaver
Tawnos - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Wizard
I would like to know on a 1 vs. 1 PVP duel what classes the wizard can easily take down and what classes will make he run like a little girl. Of course I understand that this a delicate question since so many factors like builds, equipment and player experience are involved. I also understand that this question have been explored on other post. But I am not looking the complicated answer or debate that many post have generated. I am looking for a general scenario answer if possible.
Post edited by Tawnos - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    at lvl 17 u will run from a lvl 20 mob ....if you're not dead.
    until lvl 80 you're pretty much raw meat for every1 unless u go LA path or you're rich (or know how to make cash ingame) and u can refine/shard properly Arcane gear.
    After 89 u become good, after 90 really good, at 100 whoever is underestimating you will byte the dust.
    But congrats, no matter how far u will go in this game, you will have a hell of a ride as a wiz.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I would like to know on a 1 vs. 1 PVP duel what classes the wizard can easily take down and what classes will make he run like a little girl. Of course I understand that this a delicate question since so many factors like builds, equipment and player experience are involved. I also understand that this question have been explored on other post. But I am not looking the complicated answer or debate that many post have generated. I am looking for a general scenario answer if possible.

hmm at level 18?
    PvP you can take on....other wizards with crappier gear then you.
    or other wizards who wear light armor.
    That is all.
    Every other class will eat you alive every time and only at 59 do you stand a chance at bms, archers, venos(provided you ambush the veno I suppose. Head on they hurt like heck).

You want scenarios?
    BM = you try to hit him shooting your strongest thing only taking 1/5? of his life which by then he strolls up to you and stun locks you.
    Barb = he watches you waste all your mana on his life and then smacks you upside the head till you die.
    Veno = Pet gnaws on your leg while the veno shoots green arrows at your face killing you. rather quickly O.o'
    Archers = X_X' no contest.
    Clerics = their magic resistance and their heal makes it so you can't take em down. along with their metal attacks which you have no elemental barrier against.

If PW were like rock paper scissors then Barbs/bm = rock. Archers/clerics = scissors
    Venos = rock scissors. xD
    Wizards = paper but only with the ability to tear like paper not the ability to beat rocks.
    But later the paper gets laminated, refined, and made of some type of magical tree. Thus gaining untearable status and can cover pretty much everything even rock scissors.
    XD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andross - Dreamweaver
    Andross - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    hmm at level 18?
    BM = you try to hit him shooting your strongest thing only taking 1/5? of his life which by then he strolls up to you and stun locks you.
    Barb = he watches you waste all your mana on his life and then smacks you upside the head till you die.
    Veno = Pet gnaws on your leg while the veno shoots green arrows at your face killing you. rather quickly O.o'
    Archers = X_X' no contest.
    Clerics = their magic resistance and their heal makes it so you can't take em down. along with their metal attacks which you have no elemental barrier against.

You forgot about plume shot. A cleric who uses their metal attacks on a wizard is stupid. -.-'
    A wizard will almost never beat a cleric because the cleric has physical damage, elemental resistance, and heals. I'm not sure about endgame wizard vs endgame cleric, but I know a cleric will always win against a wizard in any other case.
  • CrazyLazy - Dreamweaver
    CrazyLazy - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Erm it depends
    BM = easy to take down as long as u just seal and distance shrink away. once there sutra wears off hit them with seal then just own them. But once they get you your dead unless u use dmg reduce pots and got some decent hp.
    Barb = There hp is high so your gonna have problems and once they use turtle your dead.
    Veno = Just stay away from them if they got a nix dont even think about your dead once they see you.
    Cleric = Once they hit sleep pdef debuff plume shot ur dead in 1-2 hits. depends on your hp and pdef.They become easier once u get 89 sutra seal BT = dead cleric.
    Wizard = Sigh atk a wizard and your dumb no point in wasting charms.
    Archer = Depends on the archer once ur stunned ur dead get seal away sutra GS SS DP if they aint dead then your dead.

Thats just my opinion i do not claim these views are correct just what i have noticed from pvp.
    Everytime i Post it is my opinion and my view. I do not claim they are perfect its your choice what you do im just stating my opinion from experience. b:pleased
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You forgot about plume shot. A cleric who uses their metal attacks on a wizard is stupid. -.-'
    A wizard will almost never beat a cleric because the cleric has physical damage, elemental resistance, and heals. I'm not sure about endgame wizard vs endgame cleric, but I know a cleric will always win against a wizard in any other case.

use metal dmg on a wiz b4 u get hight lv skills like tempest is a waste of life
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:laugh Ask me when you will be at lv. 90+ with sage/demon basic spells. Till then probably you will not own any class.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:laugh Ask me when you will be at lv. 90+ with sage/demon basic spells. Till then probably you will not own any class.b:chuckle

at low lv i was able to defeat same lv class, less venos -.-'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    at low lv i was able to defeat same lv class, less venos -.-'

I don't argue that you cannot win a duel. But you will lose more duels, that you will win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wizard, cleric and veno- one shot with BT or 2 shot with undine>ss>sr if you arent crit lucky. archer-one shot with ss or gs. bm- one shot with ss crit or use sutra barb-one shot with double spark ss crit or sutra. Im LA so if i can do it a pure wiz can
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    wiz don't 1v1 very well*, but i'd bet money on most any 2 wiz vs any 2 of another class.

*takes a lotta sparks or luck and/or a combination of the two to win 1v1 (certain game-winner spells have obscene cool downs too).
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    wiz don't 1v1 very well*, but i'd bet money on most any 2 wiz vs any 2 of another class.

*takes a lotta sparks or luck and/or a combination of the two to win 1v1 (certain game-winner spells have obscene cool downs too).

lol get em from behind with duel BIDS.
    hehehe
    or if your not sure about the damage.
    Duel sutra combo on 1 guy and use the last 0.5 of your sutra to sutra portal out of there. xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    Tawnos - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    at end levels a wizard have any chance against venos and clerics on 1v1?
    edited September 2009
    at end levels a wizard have any chance against venos and clerics on 1v1?

At the end levels and end-gears is wizard most powerful character in game. But it take lot of money and patience to get there. And own cleric and wenos especially wenos is peace of cake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Actually, a cleric using Plume Shot against a LA wizard with Stone Barrier up is stupid. Usually, metal damage skills will deal more against LA mages than your physical skills will. I'm not sure about low levels, but 8X cleric vs 8X LA wizard, I did more with metal than physical. You must only be dealing with low level pure mag wizards, who don't use PDef ornaments I'm guessing.
    Wizard, cleric and veno- one shot with BT or 2 shot with undine>ss>sr if you arent crit lucky. archer-one shot with ss or gs. bm- one shot with ss crit or use sutra barb-one shot with double spark ss crit or sutra. Im LA so if i can do it a pure wiz can

BT is why I actually use Plume Shell against wizzies. Usually I'd be slept, Undined, then BT while they are under Sutra. With Shell reduction, I don't need to fear the physical half, and Undine just puts me at 100% mag resist instead of 160%. I just toss a spell or two against em, sleep em before they kill me while my charm recharges, and debuff/Tempest them. After using a few heal stacks.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ever since genies came out with equal lvls and gears there should be no way a wiz should loose to a cleric in any true pvp after 90+ (no duels) unless he's a total moron.

Also whatever cleric uses plume shot against an LA wiz is an idiot , except if they use heart of steel or elemental shell .
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Actually, a cleric using Plume Shot against a LA wizard with Stone Barrier up is stupid. Usually, metal damage skills will deal more against LA mages than your physical skills will. I'm not sure about low levels, but 8X cleric vs 8X LA wizard, I did more with metal than physical. You must only be dealing with low level pure mag wizards, who don't use PDef ornaments I'm guessing.

BT is why I actually use Plume Shell against wizzies. Usually I'd be slept, Undined, then BT while they are under Sutra. With Shell reduction, I don't need to fear the physical half, and Undine just puts me at 100% mag resist instead of 160%. I just toss a spell or two against em, sleep em before they kill me while my charm recharges, and debuff/Tempest them. After using a few heal stacks.

i can still 2 shot using earth spells so plume shell doesnt really matter
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hit to 79 , get 79 spell
    Veno, Cleric, Wiz = undine strike, extreme poison , sleep, blade tempest = Dead (99% sure)
    still not death?
    Fost of will, Nix, Gush etc, he/she should be death
    *still not death? just successfully retreat (strategy)(holy path , dist shrink etc).
    Note: Extreme poison and BT must be maxed acc to your level b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Old topic

On topic: all classes 1v1 are easy except charmed 9x barbs with at least +6 gear
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Old topic

On topic: all classes 1v1 are easy except charmed 9x barbs with at least +6 gear
    lolno

Vit build BM with GX and demon marrow. Arcane veno's with phoenixes. Clerics with somewhat high HP. Archers can be a pain if they aren't idiots.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Wizzical - Dreamweaver
    Wizzical - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Low level?

BM- You lose. Stunlock. Dead.
    Barb- You lose. Loses 1/10 of HP, attacks. Dead.
    Venos- You lose. Pet/scarab. Easy pwn. Dead
    Archer- You lose. A few arrows at your heard. Dead
    Cleric- You lose. M. Def + Heal? Dead

Endgame?

BM- You win. 1hKO. Dead.
    Barb- You win. Low M. Def. Earth Barrier. Dead.
    Venos- You win. Nixes hurt, but Undine hurts more. Dead.b:laugh
    Archer- You win. He sees you. Dead.b:pleased.
    Cleric- You win. This is the real fight, but being a wizard. Dead.

Anytime in game?

Wizard- Whoever has better armor and buffs...
    no profanity please, even in Latin
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    This is especially true when they are twice your level.

Also, when you do beat them, you automatically know they were "fail". Because you are fail and so if you beat them they can not be any good.

LOL its true about the fail part, usually when I beat sum1 I start questioning if he/she knows how to play their class b:laugh