Yakuza disbanded?

koukou
koukou Posts: 35 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Default Yakuza disbanded?
Note : this is not a discussion about what the GM did, but rather to ask why they did it for Yakuza and not others?

I've heard that the guild "Yakuza" on Heaven's Tears was asked to disband because that name is referring to a crininal group. Good decision. But may I ask why you did nothing againts other guilds with questionable names before? For exemple, there was a guild named named "Triad" on HT that even owned land for a long time on the server. Yet, the GMs never asked them to disband....

TRIAD : Triad is a term that describes many branches of Chinese underground society and/or organizations based in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Macau, Malaysia and Mainland China, and also in Western countries and cities with significant Chinese populations such as New York, Los Angeles, Vancouver, and the San Francisco Bay Area.

Their activities include car theft, contract killing, drug trafficking, extortion, money laundering, gambling, prostitution, and other forms of racketeering. A major source of the triad's income today comes from the counterfeiting of copyrighted and trademarked goods such as clothing, coin counterfeiting, computer software, counterfeit money, handbags, music, CDs, watches and movie VCDs/DVDs.[citation needed] They also trade in endangered species as well as bootleg tobacco and alcohol product.

There are also other guilds with discutables names relating to drugs, alchools, sex.... And this is not even taking into account the quite explicit chat on WC against which the GMs do nothing at all....

Why did you took action against Yakuza, but not any of those others guilds?

Do the GMs here play the "double standards" game?

Comments

• DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Theres 2 Yakuza's?
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Theres 2 Yakuza's?

Yes there is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Was the one on Lost City asked to disband as well?
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    koukou wrote: »
    stuff

Why did you took action against Yakuza, but not any of those others guilds?

Do the GMs here play the "double standards" game?

It is against the forum rules to discuss bans. Any questions should be submitted using support tickets or using the forum's PM function.

Here is the link to the forum rules. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=63291
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I bet the GMs did not even had a clue about what Yakuza meant before someone told them.

or even Triad, before you just told them right now b:chuckle

(did not knew about Triad either, to me it was an anime fansub group b:laugh)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    triad
    Noun
    1. a group of three
    2. Music a three-note chord consisting of a note and the third and fifth above it [Greek trias]

Triad
    Noun
    a Chinese secret society involved in criminal activities, such as drug trafficking

As you can see there are three definitions for triad. Take your pick. I don't see any problem with the name myself.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Really? You think the name of a guild influences the actions of the players? When I hear "Triad", I don't think of any Chinese criminal actions, I think "triangle". There's also a YaKuZa on Lost City, and many of them are white-named, and considering many people seem to associate "red-named" with "****-hole", one would think that YaKuZa would be a pk guild of its own self, but I've met many in there who are decent people. If you're thinking that the actions of the guild reflect its name, I think you're mistaken.

As for the explicit chat, well... you can find that absolutely anywhere. Even if PWI implemented a system that killed you with no potential for rezzing back your xp, people would still bypass the filter as they do now anyway. And I understand not liking the language, I can especially understand not wanting to see it, but it's unrealistic for any game company to control what their players say. Personally, I think all of it is hilarious, and it gives me a pre-emptive strike to scribble down names on the no-rezz list of mine for the times that it irritates me, so I'm against any sort of control in WC; most especially since there is a way to turn WC off. There is also a way to blacklist names!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think I saw someone advertising for a new faction on Heaven's Tear named "Terrorist". I do not know if that was a joke or not.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think I saw someone advertising for a new faction on Heaven's Tear named "Terrorist". I do not know if that was a joke or not.

It is not, I've seen it and the leader dropping coins all over arch for about a week now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well, personnaly I'd say that the GMs should not make any discrimination, and disband any guild with wrong names, or disband none...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It is against the forum rules to discuss bans. Any questions should be submitted using support tickets or using the forum's PM function.

Here is the link to the forum rules. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=63291

Indeed. Here a link to CS.

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.