Options
_wtf_lmao - Heavens Tear
_wtf_lmao - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Venomancer
I wanna change my build from an arcane to a light and i have VIT:64
STR:47
MAG:183
DEX:31
(i know this is a strange build, its cus i had no idea what the hell i was doing when i made this char)
I cant buy a reset note right now, because im basically broke and i wanna know what attributes i should start putting on to change.unless im pretty screwed(u can just say that)
I really wana change because I dont like the low survivability that arcanes have. so if there is an alternative plz let me know.
THANKS
Post edited by _wtf_lmao - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Screwed is a big word, you'll just not be able to wear armor fitting for your level
    To wear Light Armour on your level you'll need to have as much attribute points in Strength and Dexterity as your level (plus 4). For your magic weapon you need to have your level times 3 in Magic. This totals 5 points per level which is no more and no less then what you get on level-up.
    With the 64 points in magic this, roughly, means you'll be wearing armor 12 levels below your own. In the long run you will have to get a reset note for these.
    If you want to go through with this you can wear L60 Light Armor in approx. 12 levels. First get Dex equal to Strength, then level both until they're at 66 - you'd be level 73 - and put the remaining point(s) in Magic.

You could also remain in arcane until you can buy that note. If you do so, do not put points in Vit and do not put more then 3 points per level in Magic (could as wel just put 1 in strength and 1 in dex).
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    To be honest? You're about to hit the point Arcanes stop being so squishy. I'd suggest putting enough Dex to hit 40, for that extra crit, leaving your Str where it is, and making your Mag 3x your level. Once you get your TT70 gear and start putting Garnets in it, with your extra HP, you're going to survive quite well. And, also? There's always Fox Form. Even an Arcane can take a whack with that.
  • _wtf_lmao - Heavens Tear
    _wtf_lmao - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well i think i could deal with wearing lvl60 armor at lvl73. what it i just keep on buying armor with a reduced requirement? but since ill be geting onto my70s pretty soon, i think i might consider what Isala said and stay the same and keep my arcane. ill try both ways, hopefully i find 1 that fits me THX^^
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    In fox form, I have around 5k pdef, 8k mdef, and 4.2k HP while wearing Arcane. So don't worry, arcanes are not that squishy if you set your gear properly and use pdef necklaces and belts.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.