Heres and ideal about the Lag in Arch

redmansghost
redmansghost Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestion Box
why not create a town of some sort and make it a Bazaar town with markets
and things for people to buy and sale that way atleast Arch would be free from the lag that causes the system to slow and crash

just and ideal

bye
Post edited by redmansghost on

Comments

• DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What's "and ideal"

If you ever want a suggestion to be taken seriously you should trying spelling it correctly.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    Zalum - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Here is a better one.

In Archosar (sp?)
    Limit the number of shops per District and area, so they have to be more spread out through out the city instead of crowding up the West District.... have you seen what that looks like in heavens tear server?

It paints the streets green... and i can't find what i want, when i want to buy it, and the people that sell Perfect stones for about 300-500 coins a pop.... some other cat shop slides in by them and sells them for 1k a pop, and is over them so no one can buy from the cheaper player.

Maybe you should also put a spaceing restriction in to so people can actually make since of all the shops in the area..... it is freaking confusing.

Not to meanton that people swarm the bankers to.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Here is a better one.

In Archosar (sp?)
    Limit the number of shops per District and area, so they have to be more spread out through out the city instead of crowding up the West District.... have you seen what that looks like in heavens tear server?

It paints the streets green... and i can't find what i want, when i want to buy it, and the people that sell Perfect stones for about 300-500 coins a pop.... some other cat shop slides in by them and sells them for 1k a pop, and is over them so no one can buy from the cheaper player.

Maybe you should also put a spaceing restriction in to so people can actually make since of all the shops in the area..... it is freaking confusing.

nor a bad idea ..

but im more for a timed shop idea

If you play (make XP) 2 hrs.. you get to have 2 Hrs cat chop before disconnection
    if you play 12 hrs.. you get 12 hrs CS...
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Or even better, if you are gone for more than a hr and you get no sales then you go out of cat shop mode and go back to your Starter town^_^

Sound better?
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    (ugg i hate my Lag sometimes)
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    and things for people to buy and sale that way atleast Arch would be free from the lag that causes the system to slow and crash

just and ideal

bye

Here's an idea. If you don't like Archosaur lag don't go there.

Oh you say "but I have to go there for a quest". Hmmm... well except for a very few that are related to Spiritual Culti, none are mandatory. You just happen to want to do those quest to level up faster get quest items etc.

That is no different from the players wanting to set up cat shops in Archosaur and the players who like to shop there.

People should realize that forcing too many controls on the game will ruin it. Part of the appeal of this game is the fact that players have a lot of freedom to decide how and where to catshop.
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Well if you set a sales timer on the shop then people who are getting no sales go away if they get no patrons for a hr.

So as long as they have Buyers they stay open^_^

also regulate the numbers in each district so you don't flood lag, maybe like 25-50 to a district?
    edited September 2009
    Well if you set a sales timer on the shop then people who are getting no sales go away if they get no patrons for a hr.

So as long as they have Buyers they stay open^_^

also regulate the numbers in each district so you don't flood lag, maybe like 25-50 to a district?

Thats dumb. Don't you know it sometimes takes hours to get a single sale especially during offpeak times. What this will do is discourage the casual Catshops that usually have the best deals and only leave the Pro Catshops that will price up the items now they have less competition.

The next thing you will be suggesting is that players have limited playtime and grind areas have limits to the number of players that can be in it to reduce lag. Yes this sounds ridiculous but when you start to introduce controls to free player choice, where do you draw the line?
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    No i was going to suggest that there would be a list of of the best shop prices around with a Search screen so you could find what you wanted faster and at the best price.

And i bet you just want to have the place flooded with cat shops so the lag stops some person from getting a item before you do.

Isn't that always the case when you get mad over a cat shop? is that they
    A. have lower prices than you so you buy up all the good then sell them at a higher price
    B. Pray the person has a crappy computer so you can buy the duke rose or what not that is selling for cheep so you can get it for your own uses.
    C. you just love to see others suffer
    or
    D. you just don't like me so you try to be a forum Jerk.
    edited September 2009
    No i was going to suggest that there would be a list of of the best shop prices around with a Search screen so you could find what you wanted faster and at the best price.

And i bet you just want to have the place flooded with cat shops so the lag stops some person from getting a item before you do.

Isn't that always the case when you get mad over a cat shop? is that they
    A. have lower prices than you so you buy up all the good then sell them at a higher price
    B. Pray the person has a crappy computer so you can buy the duke rose or what not that is selling for cheep so you can get it for your own uses.
    C. you just love to see others suffer
    or
    D. you just don't like me so you try to be a forum Jerk.

My issue is with suggestions that cause unnecessary interference with free player choice and competition.

Players put their Catshops in Archosaur because they want to and because people actually go there to buy stuff. It is convenient and sometimes if you are bored it can be fun browsing.

No one told the players set up shop there and if they never sold anything they would stop.

Also, if lag is a problem for you try turning down your graphics setting while in Arch. Personally I don't find lag that much of a problem.
  • kaboro
    kaboro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009

just and ideal

bye

I think your idea is great, and many others asked for the same thing, namely do away with the stupid cat shops and implement a decent auction house, not the joke we have now. Im sure thats what you have been trying to say, just in a different way :)
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    it would be far easier for them to just remove all effects from characters while in arc, and not allow mounts.

Cat shops do not add that much lag, since they are a stationary object that does not need to get re-drawn. People shopping in arc, while riding their shiny new mounts, having genies wizzing around and sparkly armors and weapons while buffed add lag to arc....

If you want to do your part to reduce lag, dont use a mount while in arc, un0equip your armor and weapon (if they have shiny effects), stow away your genie and dont use buffs while in arc.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • DMasterZero - Dreamweaver
    DMasterZero - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wow I thought I had problems with lag I agree so much with redmansghost I belive that his ideal Might be better than mine by alot.
  • Belldandy_ - Dreamweaver
    Belldandy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Here is a better one.

In Archosar (sp?)

They do that on Fiesta. Doesn't help lag one tiny bit in Elderine.
    I am Belldandy, Goddess 1st Class, Unlimited License.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]