Why do white names run?

_SevenFold_ - Lost City
_SevenFold_ - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
b:sweatIDK if u ppl haven't noticed this... but why in the hell do white names run when they are getting pked? It doesn't make sence, because they dont lose anything but time... and the game isn't going to shut down completely anytime soon so they've got time to finish once i pk them..b:sad and its very anoying when u have to chase them... BTW Strikerfang has to run from a lvl 53 archer b:laugh

Strikerfang = lvl 70+ archer
Post edited by _SevenFold_ - Lost City on

Comments

• angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:sweatIDK if u ppl haven't noticed this... but why in the hell do white names run when they are getting pked? It doesn't make sence, because they dont lose anything but time... and the game isn't going to shut down completely anytime soon so they've got time to finish once i pk them..b:sad and its very anoying when u have to chase them... BTW Strikerfang has to run from a lvl 53 archer b:laugh

Typical new PK'er.

- Doll loss (Expensive)
    - Charms Ticks (Expensive)
  • _SevenFold_ - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Oh? You think so kiddo ;)
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:sweatIDK if u ppl haven't noticed this... but why in the hell do white names run when they are getting pked? It doesn't make sence, because they dont lose anything but time...

Just so you know when the white names fight back they go Pink temporarily during the fight which means they have a 20% chance of dropping stuff from inventory.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Oh? You think so kiddo ;)

Well I pretty much know so. Anyone who has been around long enough would have at least picked up those points stated above.

They wouldn't need to ask such a question unless they were completely and utterly stupid.
    edited September 2009
    LOL i allready knew that.. by why run.. if you're still white..? Just stand there and wait to die ;)
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    LOL i allready knew that.. by why run.. if you're still white..? Just stand there and wait to die ;)

ROFL. If you run there is a chance you will survive, if you don't there is no chance you will survive.

When I was in my 30-40s on LC I was able to survive high level RPKs many times by running early.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Someone get the febreeze it smells like theres a troll in here.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Someone get the febreeze it smells like theres a troll in here.

omg qft

hup234
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well if you think about it, thats all they can do. either that or fight and i dont think that your going to fight someone like 30+lvs higher than you. but you can try...b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
    edited September 2009
    i try anyways.. bcuz i can kill 8x wizzys and clerics.. and a couple times some 7x archers... so why not try anymore? ;P
  • XBlu - Harshlands
    XBlu - Harshlands Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i try anyways.. bcuz i can kill 8x wizzys and clerics.. and a couple times some 7x archers... so why not try anymore? ;P

full of urself gtfo. b:thanks
  • Dsrx - Lost City
    Dsrx - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    if i have dq items in my inventory worth 200k let's say there is no way i'll be stading and fight even if the odds favour me
    is this a good reason>?
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ok so you are killing players LOWER level then you ALOT or you would not have had soooo many run from you and had to make a thread about it out of frustration lol

so why not make it annoying and make you work for your kill?
    why not test out yer genie to see if you can counter a holy path flee?
    i think you should stop pk'ing before these people catch you up haha
    b:chuckle
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited September 2009

maybe its pretty clear as why they run. heres some reasons why they would run:

*they have dolls they might not wanna lose
    *they just dont wanna give you the satisfaction
    *they have a charm they dont wanna be ticked

P.s strikerfang is around my lvl and he isnt a terrible archer, i'm sure he couldve easily turned around and 1 shotted you :p
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ok so you are killing players LOWER level then you ALOT or you would not have had soooo many run from you and had to make a thread about it out of frustration lol

so why not make it annoying and make you work for your kill?
    why not test out yer genie to see if you can counter a holy path flee?
    i think you should stop pk'ing before these people catch you up haha
    b:chuckle

who said he was killing lowbies? whilte names doesnt only consist of low lvl ppl. tbh i've had 9x ppl run from me, so saying that based apon him saying "white names" doesnt make sense, btw he also attacked me and i'm lvl 85 :p
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Swdgy - Heavens Tear
    Swdgy - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ugh... the reason they're white named is because they don't attack others... understand now? they don't like to fight unnecessary fights
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] yay :) ^.^
    stuffed a bunch of my favorite animes into 1 signature lolz
  • Abinash - Harshlands
    Abinash - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    OMG dude ur question is so meaning less.

if u hit a lvl 3x he will on that instance. Do u think he/she has even a chance to run?

anyways as i m a multiweapon BM i do drake bash to one shot people (if is Crit+beserker = OMFGb:dirty) if i m far from them just use smack, this skill one shots many lvl 3x or give me chance to reach them(obviously using holy path as it seals for 2-3 sec) then next shot they r dead. Far Stike can 1 shot many too LOLb:victory

So stop QQing abt why do they run, they run b'coz they can save themselves from you, who needs time to kill them lol.

b:surrender sorry if i sound rude but this is a lame question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evoney - Harshlands
    Evoney - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009

LOL dnt know why ur really QQing about them running
    but u have a point there.. even if you do surive by running, ur only running to die another day, all newbie lvl 3x and up at least get pked once, so no point in running

so u lose a lil time, so, its not like ur losing xp... unless u get a prick of a pker that trys to make you lose xp, thats funny to watch them have a spaz at it.
  • TheBlackMage - Lost City
    TheBlackMage - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    why in the hell do white names run when they are getting pked?

That's like telling someone to bend over and hold still while you **** them...

I don't know about you but most people like their behinds to remain as an "exit only" so of course their gonna run, what did you expect?

Pker: I'm gonna kill you

Victim: Ok, would you like me to be fighting a mob so I can lose exp as well?

Pker: Yeah that would great, also can you tell you friends to come over too so I can kill them while I'm at at?

Victim: Sure thing, anything else?

Pker: Nope that settles it, have a nice day come back soon *1-shots*

Victim: Would you prefer QQing or no QQing?

Pker: None

*victim quietly goes back to town*
    Things I've caught myself saying while playing my mage:
    "Boom Headshot!"
    "Flame On!"
    "Ice Ice Baby!"
    *while using Dragon's Breath* "I'm burnin', I'm burnin' for you..."
    "You know what they say about mages with big mp bars."
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I love how the person who wrote this is a one shot to me.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Disappear - Lost City
    Disappear - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    sevenfold, in fact. is a junior high student.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well if I'm getting hit and I'm not aware of who is hitting me I'll usually shrink or holy path away at first to get my barings. Than I'll target whoever is hitting me and do my stuff. It's not really running and more tactics.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    sevenfold

They run because they know your new to pking and they could probably escape you.
    b:laughb:chuckleb:bye

I run because I know I'll be able to kill you when your back is turned.
    Although I have never seen you in game. O.o'
    You must be one of those slow levelers.
    (>.<)'

<--- smart noob hamster wizard
    xD

Lol the reason for this thread is probably since he can't catch anyone so he's begging people to stop running away.
    lol~~~
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Failureeee - Lost City
    Failureeee - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I fight ppl 30 lvls higher than me..mainly barbs...if they dont kill me within a minute or so i'll stun them and run. buttt i do die most of the time though.

plus i'll never kill something with 15k+ hp*charmed*.
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I haven't dolls or charms, I'm running from pkers cuz I don't want to give them this nice feeling, which they love so much, when they kill someone ... b:laugh If I will run from them succesfully, they fail as pker too b:chuckle
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • Allyson - Harshlands
    Allyson - Harshlands Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I haven't dolls or charms, I'm running from pkers cuz I don't want to give them this nice feeling, which they love so much, when they kill someone ... b:laugh If I will run from them succesfully, they fail as pker too b:chuckle
    They get even more pissed when u just turn around and kill em off b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ima dudeb:angry
    youtube.com/watch?v=RZhg727Mtw0
  • Iona - Harshlands
    Iona - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    PKers usually are happy with only one outcome.

Think we all know which one is that.
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    They get even more pissed when u just turn around and kill em off

Unable when I haven't Nix .. b:surrender
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited October 2009

You can actually drop stuff from your inventory even tho you're white name...even tho the risk is very small. Ive gotten oracles and pots from white names. I even know ppl that dropped expansive moulders and fashion from inventory, when they where killed white named, so running do makes sense.

Mostly ppl run tho cuz they don't wanna give someone the pleasure of killing them.
  • InvokerMage - Lost City
    InvokerMage - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think by "white names" he means 3x and 4x people, since at 5x, i stopped running from pkers. Hes right, it only wastes time.

1) lowbies dont wear charms, since the only time they have acquired one is a quest reward...and those are NOT expensive since they are finished after 3 ticks anyway lol

2) Its the scare factor. If someone charged at you in real life with a knife and was foaming at the mouth, the reaction is to RUN, and since pvp is relatively new to these players, they havent gotten around the idea of *go to town and come back*....at that stage i remember telling my lowbie friends how strong and scary the pker was, and hearing this amazing pk story made their day...LOL

It works the other way too. That rush of adrenaline as you go for you first pk, and the stories you tell your (still lowbie) friends, even though the guy you killed was afk and didnt even fight back anyway....And only afterward, you realize that having a red name kinda sucks =(