I can has moar quests?

Nayx - Sanctuary
Nayx - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestion Box
These days i sign on and all i do is grind and dailies. It's becoming boring, so boring that i've started playing alts b:surrender. i mean...at the core of it all i'm still coming here to have fun and play a game, and doing the same things over and over again is becoming not so fun.

it used to be different. it used to be that Archosaur needed me, that the peasants needed drugs collected from centipexes or something, that some cook wanted some wolfkin eyes for his dish, that some soldier needed his friend avenged from the skelevizens, or some girl needed her little bird healed, whatever. that was interesting...now...all i do is fish or daily or run TT for my gear. i guess i just want to be more immersed in the game's story - i want more of these quests, yes, even at these higher levels.

dont even tell me that quests would make me level too fast, that i just want it easy - there's already 4 dailies and rebirth for that. So what does the rest of you think? should we has moar quests? :D
Post edited by Nayx - Sanctuary on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    At Level 23 you should have PLENTY of quests.

It is not until about 6x that the quests become very scarce. And the grinding at that point becomes a factor.

Try the Find Quest option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Pretty sure that's an alt posting, Rose, as they mention that they run TT and have dailies.
    I definitely agree that more quests would be nice, but it still wouldn't help all that much unless they gave insane amounts of exp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Honestly, I wouldn't care if they gave 0xp, keeping the story going is a good idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What they need to do is increase quest rewards.

I have about 20-30 quests in my quest log, but I see no point in doing them when all I get is an insignificant amount of coins and like 1% when I can do RB and get 45% with one run.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    why do you care do you need to be a high lvl person really who cares
    I just hang around and talk to people I don't care about leveling
    If you want more quest's put it in the suggestion forum besides that stop QQing about it
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Smells like trolls in here.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Pretty sure that's an alt posting, Rose, as they mention that they run TT and have dailies.
    I definitely agree that more quests would be nice, but it still wouldn't help all that much unless they gave insane amounts of exp.

Maybe alt they play as well....the post was a little jumbled in terms of low level quests and higher level quests.

Either way, I am sure many agree with the More quests or Better EXP rewards from them. However, there are plenty of ways people can make up for the EXP quests or lack there of are potentially giving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Culloch - Sanctuary
    Culloch - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    why do you care do you need to be a high lvl person really who cares
    I just hang around and talk to people I don't care about leveling
    If you want more quest's put it in the suggestion forum besides that stop QQing about it

Seriously... punctuation is your friend. I have no idea what you are trying to say. You might even have a valid point.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    moved to the correct section. Please post in the correct section in the future, it helps out a lot.
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Seriously... punctuation is your friend. I have no idea what you are trying to say. You might even have a valid point.
    dude don't quote me then it's a forum okay im not doing **** don't read it smartass
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have to agree with OP.

The thing I liked most about this game at the beginning was the questing, killing X amount of mobs then switching to the next one to collect various items to help out Perfect World's NPCS. You don't get bored of killing mobs while questing (like you would grinding). I don't even want to lvl with my quests, I just want a reason for playing my main character who's lvl 92 now. Having quests would keep the game more interesting. ~ not just justice quests where you only get a choice of 4 mobs to kill (for no apparent reason other than getting XP) or dragon quests where every NPC you meet tells you to go see another to learn more about the dragon. b:chuckle

Basically, I log my main on, I have nothing to do, so I log out and play an alt. I've got 3 alts now. lol
    Will make a 4rth alt as soon as my Wizzy reaches lvl 60.

So basically I've been making new characters to keep the game interesting...

For me quests are not about the XP (alltho I cant deny XP is nice b:cute) but its about enjoying the time spent ingame, having something to do thats different from grinding/TT/Rb..
  • Nayx - Sanctuary
    Nayx - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lols the quest references are jumbled because the last time i did those was like...40 levels ago. there comes to a point where i just want something else interesting to do. i dont know...i guess i'm just used to more plot-driven RPGs (like say, diablo)

and you can only defend harpy wraith for 3 hours at a time for so many times before it becomes repetitive. b:chuckle
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Go kill harpy wraith instead then. It's on the world map waiting for you. Hehehe.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91