Squishy all of a sudden!

mappam7
mappam7 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Cleric
I just turned lvl 13 and can't seem to Kill the way I use to!

I am not sure what I am (now) doing different or if it is the armor/weapon I am using?

I did make a Dreadfull Mistake!!b:cry I chose the wrong "charm" (from the quest that adds either HP or MP when you are lower than 50% health).

Is there a way to change this - I took the one for HP and really really need the MP one!! Or can you buy one from somewhere for the MP and use it IN ADDITION to the HP one??

Thanks soooo much for any hints or tips or links!!
Hugs Pam

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.
Post edited by mappam7 on

Comments

• Meeplk - Harshlands
    Meeplk - Harshlands Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    you only get 1 choice at a free charm you can buy another 1 with real money or be lucky enough to find 1 in a catshop hope this helpsb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

magic mmmb:dirty
  • Ninn_x - Heavens Tear
    Ninn_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ah, lower levels are painful for clerics ... =/ It'll get better @ lvl 20 and really got even later =) You just have 2 live through these first levelsb:laugh
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hmmm... Check out if your weapon doesn't need repairing.
    Always use best magic weapon possible for your level (you'll get best ones from quests at this point).
    Try to do quests in squad with other players, clerics (like wizards) are most efficient when in team.
    Packs World International
  • SilentBless - Heavens Tear
    SilentBless - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    just keep it up.. use plumeshielf if u cant tank it... after 60 life gets a lot easier.
  • mappam7
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for the info!

I think that the problem really is the MP - stupid mistake with the Charm! First Character and still learning this game (or trying to learn it b:chuckle)

I have kept the repair up on all equipment so that isn't the problem - it is having to rely on sword vs magic when I run out of MP.

You say that sometimes the Spirt Charm will show up on a player shop? I will keep looking. I didn't see one on/in the cash shop but maybe missed it!

I only have 10 gold for the CS and wanted to use that elsewhere but will use it for this if need be.

Thanks again for encouragment and suggestions!
    Hugs Pam

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    wow you have mana problems at level 13? your doing something wrong.....
    even the random pot drops are more then enough for me. b:bye

also I feel your pain D: I chose the Hp charm instead of the mana one T.T' don't worry you get another charm later from your supply stash
    which you will burn through really quickly DX
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The HP charm from the lv. 5 quest (or is it 4, I don't know) actually saved my life until mid 20s where I got really squishy and the only time the HP charm actually ticked like crazy.

The mana pots I got from drops were actually sufficient (as well as meditating) so I didn't mind waiting for a few minutes to replenish my mana before I start killing.

In my opinion, having a Mana Charm from the cash shop at lower levels is a waste due to the fact that skills don't really cost a lot of mana yet (besides, you're already going to level fast due to quests).

That's pretty much it. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The HP charm from the lv. 5 quest (or is it 4, I don't know) actually saved my life until mid 20s where I got really squishy and the only time the HP charm actually ticked like crazy.

The mana pots I got from drops were actually sufficient (as well as meditating) so I didn't mind waiting for a few minutes to replenish my mana before I start killing.

In my opinion, having a Mana Charm from the cash shop at lower levels is a waste due to the fact that skills don't really cost a lot of mana yet (besides, you're already going to level fast due to quests).

agreed besides I went from 1-61 in a little over a month and a half and I still have the hp charm from that quest. xD (saving for zhen T.T which doesn't look likely in the near future since I can't afford the spirit charms D: yet...b:bye)
    also apoth and regular pots + meditation is still enough for me. ^.^'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I never used that charm, and I didn't have problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • mappam7
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for the info!

I was having a problem with the quest where you need - um - document or stone??? from the flying essences (crips sorry that is a terrible description!) and I needed to land and meditate after just about every 2 or so. I almost gave up on this quest as I killed at least 30+ before I got the quest item. It wasn't the killing but the having to land/meditate that was taking soooo long!

I Just turned 16 and got some new armor and weapon and things are easier/better now. That last bit before the level was where I had the squishy problems.

Thanks again for your info - I really appreciate it!
    Hugs Pam

• Eleynie - Heavens Tear
    Eleynie - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The teens levels can be relatively hard for clerics. I was lucky to have someone to help me thru some tougher quests and buff me to make grind quests go faster. But keep at it, it will get better. You will get new weapon from supply stash at lvl 20 (and fb19).

As for the charm, I think I still have mine sitting in the safe...
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but have you added all your stat points in? Go to your character screen and see if you have all the points allotted (most should be in mag).

Also, have you been leveling up your skills? Check the cleric skill trainer in City of the Plume to see if you can update some of those; it will boost your attack.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009

That HP Charm saved me too, it think without it would habe need nevcessary double time for me to get to lvl 20.

About the MP charm from cash shop... Well, remember that 900k MP will last to him from lvl 13 prolly to level 40 or over. That means he will crazily speed up his levelingb:victory