Pet keeps vanishing??

mappam7
mappam7 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Venomancer
Yesterday I started a Veno and got a wolf. I have fed the pet enough water to get the loyality up (about 5 water).

When I go out to do a quest the wolf doesn't stay right by my side but a little ways off and then after about 2-3 minutes it goes back into inventory.

I have healed - even tho it didn't need it and tried to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Is the pet suppose to stay with you or is it on a Timer?

What can I do to keep it with me longer?

Thanks!!!

PS - My character is lvl 6 now.
Hugs Pam

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.
Post edited by mappam7 on

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Make sure it's on follow instead of stay. It will disappear if you go out of range. Also avoid water where they'll disappear as well.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    to clarify... avoid bodies of water (not the food water). land pets will despawn sometimes if you step in a little puddle (fb51) or cross a river (the level you are at sounds like this may be the case) - this happened to me on my very first venomancer ages ago. also, depending upon your pets actual loyalty amount - it will have the tendency to run amok and not "listen" to your commands. I always keep my pet at 100% loyalty if possible (on my veno that is) but no less than 50% (500 loyalty)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Bestialitee - Lost City
    Bestialitee - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i know when i first started i accidentally set my pet on "stay" instead of "follow" just pushing buttons. my pet kept unsummoning cuz i was running to different mobs and going out of range. this might be the case for you.

its on the pet skill bar, and its the paw. you click it and itll turn green and your pet will follow you. if not, baal summed everything else up very nicely.
  • mappam7
    mappam7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ah Ha!!! Out of range seems like the problem!

I will check the settings to see what I have and change them where needed.

I can't thank you enough b:kiss
    Hugs Pam

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You want to watch when you jump on cliffs or hills as they might not make it up it.When you don't need your pet stow it away in your pet bag.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.