Why Do i Keep getting killed by high level players?

johnyydd
johnyydd Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
I was having fun with this game until I reached level 30. Then it said now you can attack players, I thought ok thats fun... but now every time i leave archosaur for about 3 seconds I get killed by someone 40 levels higher than me! WTF am I supposed to do!? This PK thing is ****
Post edited by johnyydd on

Comments

• Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    johnyydd wrote: »
    I was having fun with this game until I reached level 30. Then it said now you can attack players, I thought ok thats fun... but now every time i leave archosaur for about 3 seconds I get killed by someone 40 levels higher than me! WTF am I supposed to do!? This PK thing is ****

dude its a part of the game but you have to know when to leave arch or where to leave, trust me your not the only on who gets killed as soon as they turn lvl 30 so stop QQ ffs b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • Allyson - Harshlands
    Allyson - Harshlands Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Go to a PvE server.
    /thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ima dudeb:angry
    youtube.com/watch?v=RZhg727Mtw0
  • Akash - Harshlands
    Akash - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What did you except? Ur on a pvp server b:victory
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    People will kill you on a PVP server, you're free game and an easy kill.

Go roll PVE, become 8x then just turn on PK mode if you want to PK that badly, even though it's not the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Disappear - Lost City
    Disappear - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    deal with it. Rpkers are really annoying sometimes, but usually they'll move on quickly because they don't wanna get lynched by a higher level. it is stupid, I know, but try to make friends with them, or at least small talk.
  • Fizzen - Harshlands
    Fizzen - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    whats the point? do you get exp for killing low levels? do you get drops from players that dont fight back?
    i mean i like the idea of pvp but to just roll through killing only low levels seems pointless and not much fun at all. for either party

if you could get drops or exp i guess it would make a difference but to date i havent lost anything from being pk'ed by high levels

so please explain
  • Meeplk - Harshlands
    Meeplk - Harshlands Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    whats the point? do you get exp for killing low levels? do you get drops from players that dont fight back?
    i mean i like the idea of pvp but to just roll through killing only low levels seems pointless and not much fun at all. for either party

if you could get drops or exp i guess it would make a difference but to date i havent lost anything from being pk'ed by high levels

so please explain

wrong you do not get exp but you can get drops if their pink or red too me rpk sucks but i allways call my guildies to get themb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

magic mmmb:dirty
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009

-.-' learn how to fly....

fly = -89% chance of getting randomly pked.
    also level
    each level gained past 35 = -1.5% of getting randomly pked. b:victory
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phaedron - Lost City
    Phaedron - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The pk's do become less random as your levels increase. Long about your mid 70's you'll notice a steady decline in the randomness. Until then, consider it a free trip to town. I've made friends with a few folks who I used to think hunted me down exclusively.

Not to mention, it is easier on your exp to get killed by players than by mobs; so think of it as the safe way to die.
    Conundrum Leader
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You make it sound like it's such an inconvience. Click go to Town and back to where you were. It takes maybe 1 minute at the most.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
    edited September 2009
    The pk's do become less random as your levels increase. Long about your mid 70's you'll notice a steady decline in the randomness. Until then, consider it a free trip to town. I've made friends with a few folks who I used to think hunted me down exclusively.

Not to mention, it is easier on your exp to get killed by players than by mobs; so think of it as the safe way to die.

woot true lol I've met some pretty interesting people after they've shot me down. ^.^' and i've also used random pkers to get a free teleport closer to where I want to go. XD
    but not sure about safe. DX you can still lose items when white named. its like 1% or something but still. T.T'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yeah.You are getting ganked like some other MMOs out there which has this.I would think leaving at night is also a good way to leave just don't go out the west exit of the Arch.

You pick pve server to avoid all this in Sanctuary there is a lot of pkers and those who want to duel with you.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Satanah - Lost City
    Satanah - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    We need PK rank rewards or somthing on pvp servers, might make the high lvl player's kill thier own lvl alot more. Dinno , but killing low lvl players achieves what excatly?

Revenge for the kids that got bashed at school theropy? b:laugh
  • Allyson - Harshlands
    Allyson - Harshlands Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    We need PK rank rewards or somthing on pvp servers, might make the high lvl player's kill thier own lvl alot more. Dinno , but killing low lvl players achieves what excatly?

Revenge for the kids that got bashed at school theropy? b:laugh
    In simple words? IF you can do something, why not? SLAY THEM ALL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ima dudeb:angry
    youtube.com/watch?v=RZhg727Mtw0
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    in simple words:
    whoever kills some defensless lowbie has some issues that could be treated in a mental hospital with some electric shocs and proper medication.
    PK should be lvl limited or something, meaning outside of specific instances you can't attk anyone -10lvl lower than u unless they attk first. That should pretty much even out ods.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    in simple words:
    whoever kills some defensless lowbie has some issues that could be treated in a mental hospital with some electric shocs and proper medication.
    PK should be lvl limited or something, meaning outside of specific instances you can't attk anyone -10lvl lower than u unless they attk first. That should pretty much even out ods.

Cause RPKing is a serious mental illness, amirite?
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    :/ Well, I joined PvP for a challege. I don't understand people that didn't O.o I mean where's the fun in taking down someone half your level? It's not like you earned bragging rights that way xD now when my level 68 squishy cleric took down a level 80+ cleric in the swamps, that's bragging rights. b:victory

But having to come out and help clear people away from heaven's tear and such so my lower level guildies can finish a quest, that kinda builds loyalty for us so heck, keep being cowards :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • zaaphiel
    zaaphiel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    build a char for pking, thats what i have done. Trust me you wont take it personally, i drop all the time and i dont care b:pleased im a lvl 3x with a high lvl alt, and i zap and get pked all the time, really dude lighten up play for fun and enjoy b:bye
    edited September 2009
    in simple words:

nooo me am against this suggestion... does that mean If I were to use my main to get godly gear for my level 30 archer and stick around camping arch then NO ONE WOULD BE ABLE TO STOP ME since the level restriction will stay as long as I don't attack the high levels who would be able to kill me. O.o'

Best way to control it I think is to introduce some sort of reward system where you gain some special reputation for killing people at/around/higher then your level while you lose some of the special reputation killing people lower then your level (increased loss the lower they are compared to you) d(^.-d)
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    if you go to a pve server and set pk mode everyone 80- is random pked... you guys in pvp server are lucky... once you are 50 only a few chase you xD
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • varr61
    varr61 Posts: 0
    edited September 2009
    I have a problem, also, with the duelling option.

1. I don't how to do it once I accept a Duel challenge.
    2. The other player ALWAYS wins.
    3. I think (but I do not know) I am chosen because I am a low level (as low as level 5 in one case).
    4. In Etherblade, there's so much activity going on my computer freezes for several seconds, preventing my character from responding to my keystrokes.

After being slaughter by higher-levelled players, I now ALWAYS refuse duels. Is there a duelling guide I haven't yet found?

Eric
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    varr61 wrote: »
    I have a problem, also, with the duelling option.

1. I don't how to do it once I accept a Duel challenge.
    2. The other player ALWAYS wins.
    3. I think (but I do not know) I am chosen because I am a low level (as low as level 5 in one case).
    4. In Etherblade, there's so much activity going on my computer freezes for several seconds, preventing my character from responding to my keystrokes.

After being slaughter by higher-levelled players, I now ALWAYS refuse duels. Is there a duelling guide I haven't yet found?

Eric

in Dreamweaver server Etherblade is THE place for cowards and punks to hang out. They sit there at lv30-50 and duel lowbies and one-shot them. Then boast of their prowess and might. The like tricking them into getting in PK mode too and when they leave Etherblade Boom! they get PKed. thats how they have fun right there. b:victory
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009

so please explain

It's fun and mobs don't QQ. There are times where I want to go to Broken Bow Bluff and AoE every player in sight. Too bad I'm on a PvE server. -________-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It's fun and mobs don't QQ. There are times where I want to go to Broken Bow Bluff and AoE every player in sight. Too bad I'm on a PvE server. -________-

While ago in FF, as I attacked a mob, it started trash talking..... than, after I killed it, it was QQing about it.... it was quite funny.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Elemental Lord always QQ's when I kill it and says that it will come back, and it does, but I kill it again.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Elemental Lord always QQ's when I kill it and says that it will come back, and it does, but I kill it again.

LOL. I need to grind on those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Ravenger - Lost City
    Ravenger - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    this thread went from why do i get pked.... to mobs QQing when they die >.>

what!?!?!?!?! lol