Why do you still play a wizard?

Options
BludShot - Lost City
BludShot - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Wizard
The wizard have good DDing on them, BUT an archer can out DD them with fast crits any day. The wizards HAVE a heal but it is VERY crappy, as well as stupid. You all say that wizards get "better" at high lvls when they have super elite gear.... BUT if you were to take that gear and put it on a class like the cleric, then the cleric wuld be MUCH more useful than the wizard.. well, they already are. So wat if you can "spike" damage .. that doesnt make up for all ur flaws. You know ur class is gimped but despite that WHY do you still play such a useless class? Find me one reason why the wizard shuld be chosen over any other class, and I shall find u even more reasons why it shuld NOT.
b:surrender
Post edited by BludShot - Lost City on

Comments

• bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Heaven BIDS

now GTFO
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I play on my wizard in the hopes of finding you in game but you level so dam slowly it's making it difficult to find you...

b:angry

also yar I play because wizards out DPS archers and such in PvP and PvE since in PvP every single class will get good P def which reduces archers DPS tremendously. also because I prefer wizard to archer. (yes my first character was an archer but I switched on the 2nd day I started playing.)

also because Lost City has enough archers as is. (me also has an cleric alt d(^.-d))
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tyrtallow
    tyrtallow Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    After reading through some really nasty QQ threads in the other forums, at least I finally found something to lighten me up for a change. OP, do go on.
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I suppose people play different classes because...THEY WANT TO....
    as far as an archer out damaging a wizzy i doubt that even though the archer crits frequently the amt of the crit is negligible compared to the steady dmg output of a wizard and a wizards heal is capable of keeping a barb alive if the cleric has died an had to respawn an run back so NO a wizards heal is NOT crappy its far more healing than an archer can do..oh wait..they cant do any healing can they. So yes if one spot in party is open an have a wizard or archer to fill it..Im gonna pick the wizard every time over an archer.
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1st of all your a level 41 idiot that needs too take his head out of his **** an get outta this forum. 2nd i play my wizzie cos with the gear i got im doing far more damge than youll ever do even if i spike your head onto one of my pyrograms.
    We all play diffent classes for diffrent reasons. I also have a barbarian an i rather have extra wizards in my party that some useless archer with a bad attitude. Now i say agian get out of my forumsb:angry
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    mm im doing 17k non crits inside fb wtihout spark or EP or w/e wtih sandstrom find me a archer my lvl that does that (dont even have 70 tt yet)
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Cause I hit people for 10-15k day to day without help from anyone.
    GET ON MY LEVEL.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I like challenge. I like magic classes. I like doing great damage. I like the fact that it's one of the few classes in this game which can play without gear, barehanded and still be considered lethal. I like skills of wizard, nuking mobs, protecting from their attacks with shields, healing after fight, teleporting away from trouble. I like how my squad barb is addicted to Frostblade and how often random players ask me for that buff. I like how *archers* love that buff.
    I like the fact that soon I'll be able to use strongest AoE magic spells in the game. I like the fact that soon I'll be able to deal death in 6 seconds (Essential Sutra <3). I like the fact that when was at mid 40's and my squad was attacked by low 60's archer it was me who ticked his HP charm *twice* before he wiped us all. I like the fact that this class is rare in the game and I like the fact that I'll be wanted in TW's when I hit higher level.

This can go on forever b:chuckle
    Packs World International
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well when I started playing I had no idea what every class was, infact I didnt even knew what 'mmo' means b:laugh
    I just chose wizard cause I like wizards in general (harry potter, lotr, etc). It worked out great and I never regret chosing a wizard. It's just the most fun class in the game imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:bye He posted one of these under every class section. He's trolling. don't post. end thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:bye He posted one of these under every class section. He's trolling. don't post. end thread

I posted this in BludShot's thread in the BM section.
    Kniraven, I am deeply offended by the fact that you referred to BludShot as a troll.

I am a troll.
    BludShot is an idiot.
    There is a difference. Trolling BludShot is far too easy to be worth my time.

It applies here as well.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The wizard have good DDing on them, BUT an archer can out DD them with fast crits any day. The wizards HAVE a heal but it is VERY crappy, as well as stupid. You all say that wizards get "better" at high lvls when they have super elite gear.... BUT if you were to take that gear and put it on a class like the cleric, then the cleric wuld be MUCH more useful than the wizard.. well, they already are. So wat if you can "spike" damage .. that doesnt make up for all ur flaws. You know ur class is gimped but despite that WHY do you still play such a useless class? Find me one reason why the wizard shuld be chosen over any other class, and I shall find u even more reasons why it shuld NOT.

Hi, Watch this. How a wizard kick **** every Cleric. b:chuckle
    http://zoome.jp/losstarot/movie_list/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Endgame wiz that know's how to play >>> endgame archer & cleric that know how to play ,suck it up mr.fail troll b:bye .
  • Satuki - Harshlands
    Satuki - Harshlands Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    its fun
    when you kick other ppl's **** you get to brag
    one shotting ppl is fun
    killing ppl 10 lvl above you is possible
    funny to see 5+ ppl on you and you dont die
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I suppose people play different classes because...THEY WANT TO....
    as far as an archer out damaging a wizzy i doubt that even though the archer crits frequently the amt of the crit is negligible compared to the steady dmg output of a wizard and a wizards heal is capable of keeping a barb alive if the cleric has died an had to respawn an run back so NO a wizards heal is NOT crappy its far more healing than an archer can do..oh wait..they cant do any healing can they. So yes if one spot in party is open an have a wizard or archer to fill it..Im gonna pick the wizard every time over an archer.

lol very good point b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Disappear - Lost City
    Disappear - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    funny thing-
    I'm arcane, and in an HH or fb, etc I get picked over the archers.

Arcane build, too.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I oneshot an 8x archer today with gush.

That's why I'm a mage b:cute
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I play a Wizard to wear heavy armor, and laugh as Archers go WTF when they fire at me. And also... I wanted to see why Kun Kun was so scary. I killed him yesterday. Dual hammers to the face! Plus, I want to see if my calculations are correct... Supposedly, in TT90 Green HA, with perfect refines, and buffs from all classes... I can hit 92% damage reduction on Physical Attacks. I want to see that. I want to see that so much.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol, good point

@OP : they forgot to lock the door in the r-tard section at the hospital?

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol, good point

@OP : they forgot to lock the door in the r-tard section at the hospital?

yep they forgot but he's still in there since he can't figure out the difference between a locked and unlocked door. But the more important thing they forgot is to restrict internet access to him. And the most important thing they forgot is to sedate him. b:chuckle

*Dam still can't find him in game. b:sad I'm willing to get 2 hour red name just so I can 1 hit K.O him with a rock to the face (probably can't find him since my internet connection won't be working right for at least 2 days b:angry and since I spend the time when I can connect doing daily quests and BH if conditions look okie)*
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]