Is it Worth Crafting?

mappam7
mappam7 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2009 in The Crafting Nook
I have gotten all of the starting craft quest done and can now manufacture the different low level items.

As I was looking at the Auctioneer I noticed that the Mats sell for a Bunch of Money! and some of the things (thread comes to mind) is like GOLD!!

But I couldn't find any of the finished items listed. Are crafters not selling but giving the finished products to guild members or selling at their own shop etc?

I also Looted a Charmed Legging that was much better than what I can craft - is this normal?

So I guess my real question is - should one just sell all the materials collected on the Auction House and Buy new weapons/armor etc? OR do recipes for Better items appear later??

Or = is it worth the time and effort to craft?
Hugs Pam

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.
Post edited by mappam7 on

Comments

• chesticles
    chesticles Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    its worth it in the end.

If you want, you can drop $10 and buy alot of the mats needed from the cash shop for 60s for 20/40 (depends)
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    chesticles wrote: »
    its worth it in the end.

If you want, you can drop $10 and buy alot of the mats needed from the cash shop for 60s for 20/40 (depends)

only worth it if you don't have a friend who can craft at a high level.

I only leveled apothecary and have people who are willing to craft my HH gear for me as long as I provide the mats. b:chuckle

hooray for friends/faction (>.<) lols
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Until you start looking at that nice gold gear. You know, they kind that gets bound as soon as it's made. The kind you have to make for yourself.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Marshmallows - Dreamweaver
    Marshmallows - Dreamweaver Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    what do you mean .... 'bound' ?
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Until you start looking at that nice gold gear. You know, they kind that gets bound as soon as it's made. The kind you have to make for yourself.

I thought it only binds itself after someone equips it.

And a bound item doesn't drop when you die but it also can't be traded either.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • mappam7
    mappam7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for the replies and info!

So - basically - the higher end stuff is worth it but you have to level up crafting for it to be better than mob loot?
    Hugs Pam

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.
  • shaeloquinn
    shaeloquinn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The bound gear only become bound when worn. If you have people you can trust to make your gear, its generally not really worth it.

If you have a fair amount of luck, you can make good items and turn a profit but you'd make a more reliable income off grinding and selling the mats. The biggest benefit I have found to leveling my manufacture skills is the ability to decompose drops and cheap junk armor for chi stones.