Herc Rumor

nanikairu
nanikairu Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
hey guys, i was just wondering if the hercules (the legendary pet from boutique) is nerfed ? b:shocked

I saw people on WC saying that it cant tank more than 4-5 mobs anymore in some TT, has zero evasion, and ect.

are these rumors true o.o ?

The reason i'm asking is because i am very close to getting all 9999 sof, and now.. im thinking i should just go with nix. If the rumors arent true at all then herc ^^ . Please let me know what u know about this particular rumors about hercs. Thank you very much.

ALSO I have a high lvl cleric, and i do TT on her alot but the mp charm is kinda too much for me, even mp food, orbs, and pots too sometimes. (gold prices are too much for me at the current pwi economy)
So, should i get a nix instead for pking on my veno and still TT on my cleric or get a herc first and get nix later (<-- maybe if i have patience to save and get it lol)? Any suggestions?

choices: #1 TT on cleric , get nix for pk
#2 TT on veno with herc (get nix later hopefully) , save some money from pots and charms <-- only if the rumors arent true, or even if its true and hercs are still worth getting then yes

~also i want a herc or nix for grinding and others things not just TT. (depending on the pet, either TT/ FB(herc), grinding(air/ground)(nix/herc), bosses(nix/herc) or pk (nix), ect.)~

please post and tell me :D

(sorry about my grammer >_< , english is my 2nd language & ty again ;D)
Post edited by nanikairu on

Comments

• Hayyel - Lost City
    Hayyel - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well, nowadays i havent done TT with my herc, but i aoe grind a lot. Haven't notice any change tho, i can still kill around 15 lvl 83-84 mobs in a round. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The skill "Strong" reduces the pets evade to 0. It's been doing that for a long time already anyway so no real difference.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes, the herc has a buff which, as one of its effects, gives it zero evasion.

It's had that for as long as I've had mine, at least - it's just recently that they've admitted this effect.

(It was proved when people used the un-nerfed old blinding sands together with befuddling mist to give mobs less than 0% chance to hit, and indeed caused them to miss everything - except the herc.)

Anyhow. On the herc, this is usually a good thing. Evaded attacks don't do damage, so they don't trigger the reflection, so the herc would do less damage and thus fail to keep aggo.

My herc is quite happily holding down groups of monsters for my AOEs.

Whether it's worth getting one, at current prices... that's a whole 'nother bottle of fish.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i honestly dont know, but someone was complaining in WC the other day about how their herc cant tank TT 3-1 all of sudden.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The hercs tanking ability hasn't changed at all. They only made the description on strong state it drops evasion to 0. We assumed it was a bug with buffs before that made it skip the evasion check, and maybe it still is but they adjusted the description to change the bug into a feature. In any event, it's not really important. The tanking ability for a herc hasn't changed one bit, as the buffs behave exactly the same way as before, they just have a more descriptive tooltip.

If someone lost their ability to solo something they could previously kill, it's because they're behaving differently, not for some other reason.
  • Feyrnd - Sanctuary
    Feyrnd - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The hercs tanking ability hasn't changed at all. They only made the description on strong state it drops evasion to 0. We assumed it was a bug with buffs before that made it skip the evasion check, and maybe it still is but they adjusted the description to change the bug into a feature. In any event, it's not really important. The tanking ability for a herc hasn't changed one bit, as the buffs behave exactly the same way as before, they just have a more descriptive tooltip.

If someone lost their ability to solo something they could previously kill, it's because they're behaving differently, not for some other reason.
    I used to be able to tank 3 to 4 mobs (catacomb guard / mobster) inside TT 1-3, now even only 2 mobs can get my herc to die if i dont spam heal.
    and also the drum boss in 1-3 seems to hit harder now?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I used to be able to tank 3 to 4 mobs (catacomb guard / mobster) inside TT 1-3, now even only 2 mobs can get my herc to die if i dont spam heal.

I did that one yesterday and I did not noticed any differences, well, not since they reduced the number of mobs and made them harder a month ago or so...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009

It's all in your head. You're healing less, paying more attention to your pet getting hit, taking different mobs, or a combination. The evasion to 0 thing has been there since April at the latest. I know this because one of the first things I noticed with my herc when I got it is it was never missed, but I didn't attribute it to that buff at the time. Nothing has changed since the last patch with regards to what your pet can/can't tank. The only changes to the mobs themselves were a few patches ago.