Your limit?

_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Just a curious poll. I've noticed some players complain about price increases, some threaten to quit, some actually do quit and some just flame down complainers regardless claiming everything is fine.

So, honestly, and think about it, what would be your limit on gold prices before you finally decided it just wasn't worth it and moved on? Just to note, not intended as a flame to pwi, just curious on how much gold prices influence players to stick with the game.
Post edited by _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I like yelling at people who quit because something you don't NEED went up in price. And I really wouldn't pay more than 120k like before the gold rush started, but I wouldn't quit because of it, I would either put in my own money out of game or not buy any gold whatsoever. Either way it doesn't affect how I play the game b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I only buy gold for things I want, not need. I've gotten by just fine barely ever buying charms somehow...I might feel like I need them eventually, but I'll just grind up the money. Doesn't affect me enough to make me quit.

This is why I don't try too hard in this game, people that grind up millions to get the best of the best are upset if others get it easily, I don't worry too much about it so I don't get upset b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Actually, the ever-esculating gold prices isn't (only) what's pushing me more into considering quiting soon right now. It's more of the pile-up of bugs and unnessesary content and changes which half of them make things worse (especially if they're accompanied by bugs) and the declining customer-GM relations.

I miss the old PWI.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If I quit (again) it wouldn't be because of gold prices. b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Gold goes up and down. You buy high if you want. Most ppl dont really care about the gold prices, but the reason why the gold is high. Its PWI directly affecting the economy (hammer chests) when they say they wont. Its pwi shoving every single item that was supposed to be rare in game and a sign of 'elite status' being sold for gold. Its handing over end-gear items that took some people over an year to gather mats for being giving by the dozens. Its pwi having their full attention in taking ppl's money and nearly zero attention to what really matters, such as bug fixes, game balance, game events and punishing cheaters.

To sum it up, gold price was never an issue. Forcing the gold price high with game damaging sales is.

Too many players have quit and PWI still doesnt stop. Its kinda pathetic watching this destructive behavior just because they're scared of upcoming games. Instead of making their product better, they're throwing down the towel and taking as much profit as they can before the downfall. Im interested to see whats their next fail sale in the next week or 2.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If accusations continue to be made in this thread I'm going to be forced to lock it. The OP was very specific about the tone they wanted for this thread, please respect that.
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Gold isn't the most important part of the game, so why treat it like it is? IMO, people are making a big deal about something that'll just go away with time. Everyone knows gold prices will eventually drop. Maybe not to what they used to be, but still. If I ever quit, it'll be because the game no longer holds any interest for me, not because of the in game economy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    me personally, i play as a way to escape the stresses of reality. this game provides something that can't be found in reality, an environment that i have full control over. something is too hard? i just go have fun beating on lowbie mobs. getting bored of grinding? i just go roam around seeing what's happening within the world. drama getting me down? i can mute the chat, or, failing that, i can logout for an hour or two. i also play this game for another reason. it's my massive, open-ended, avatar-based, chatroom! b:pleased

i would never quit because of gold. what would make me quit, is a lack of people who i can connect with on a similar level and who share relevant interests to me, or if i see major bugs/glitches/etc stay for more than a few weeks (by major, i mean stuff like the recent untamed cultivation bug, stuff that blocks vital parts of the game)

all in all, i love this game, its players, and its staff. i may complain every now and then, but then, who doesn't? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I like yelling at people who quit because something you don't NEED went up in price. And I really wouldn't pay more than 120k like before the gold rush started, but I wouldn't quit because of it, I would either put in my own money out of game or not buy any gold whatsoever. Either way it doesn't affect how I play the game

Ok Mr. PvE server.

Have you tried to PvP without a charm? Gold charms are going for more than twice what they used to.

Ever not refine your gear? See how long you last at your level without refining any of your gear.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wouldn't quit because of gold prices. I've played this game for months without buying anything via cash shop... so I can easily go through again without doing so. Annoying, but I can live without that for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If accusations continue to be made in this thread I'm going to be forced to lock it. The OP was very specific about the tone they wanted for this thread, please respect that.

I agree, no need for accusations.

I think a lot of people have issues with the game and content as well as gold, but perhaps players should be spamming the suggestions section with polite requests and opinions rather than spamming the general with flames and insults.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    eh... nevermind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • fiznik
    fiznik Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ok Mr. PvE server.

Have you tried to PvP without a charm? Gold charms are going for more than twice what they used to.

Ever not refine your gear? See how long you last at your level without refining any of your gear.

Is this the first F2P game you've played? No matter what game it is, with time, in game gold prices go up. Usually influenced by items becomming available in item malls, but consistantly across every game I've played spikes at some point or another. People will continue to push the price up until the market starts to crumble again, and then prices usually come back about halfway and stabilize. PWI stays in business because of those who buy the gold directly, the in game price won't affect their success in the least.

All that being said, no I'd never choose to quit a game over the in game exchange rate for gold.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    In direct way, I wouldn't leave because of gold price. I even stayed after that Friday 13th when gold prices almost hit 1mil.
    I would leave because of economy, which is drived by gold. If I can't afford or find everyday items and if it baddly affects my playing, then I see no real reason to stay. I can live without charm, without GAs... But if I can't get everyday items I need, because "sellers" left because of too high gold prices, then "yes" I will leave sooner or later. So reason of my leaving can be "gold prices" in indirect way.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    My limit is relative. If gold is cheap enough that my squad and I can buy what we need (not to be confused with what we want) without spending an outrageous percent of our coin intake on it, it could be 2 million for all I care. If it's too expensive for us to get without diverting a substantial portion of the loot we get to getting more gold, then it's an issue.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I said it before and I will say it again. You can have everything in game without gold. But is it just question of time. It take more time when is gold expensive, but not impossible to have it. It take just more time. This is absolutely perfect on this game. I played another free play game but without real money you couldn't have everything.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blackanese - Lost City
    Blackanese - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    @OP: I'd never quit because of gold prices. Sucky service (such as what I'm experiencing with another version), on the other hand...

@eatwithspoons: What I'd like to know is if enough people protest against (or asked really nicely. Whichever suits you better, really) putting ingame items (such as weapons, armour and such) in the boxes, would you guys really change it? I've been considering coming here from the other version (when the new race is out) because it seems you can actually speak up to the developers and get stuff faster (yes, I know about the relationship blah blah). Charms, socket stones and soulbinding stones are fine. Fashion is actually encouraged by me. Mounts and flying mounts are great too. Basically... just weapons, armour and gems are frowned upon, in my humble opinion. Maybe those tomes too.

Thank you for reading (and perhaps replying).
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    your not forced to buy.. so yeah I'm not gonna quit no matter gold price. only thing in CS i need is charms. I can do it withotu charms, eexcept TW tho, but if prices gets that high, then everyone is charmless lol.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wow, I'm impressed by the amount of players who can still enjoy the game with the increased gold prices. You wouldn't think after reading some other posts...

Thumbs up to you guys! b:victory

This is still by far the best F2P game I've ever seen. The gold prices may change, but it will never make me leave.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    exent wrote: »
    Wow, I'm impressed by the amount of players who can still enjoy the game with the increased gold prices. You wouldn't think after reading some other posts...

Yeah, you hear all the time how PWI is doomed and everyone is leaving... but I haven't seen it. I could care less about gold prices, people getting things easier than when I got them, etc, I'll leave when I'm not having fun anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    hey Blackanese, we definitely are able to get stuff changed, but in reference to the anniversary boxes I'm hoping it's a one time thing.

You didn't hear it from me, but usually when a game makes a previously difficult to obtain item easy to get, that means there's something better on the way
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    hey Blackanese, we definitely are able to get stuff changed, but in reference to the anniversary boxes I'm hoping it's a one time thing.

It better be one time thing, lots of players got endgame items while the others got nothing or worked for months for them , not fair b:cryb:surrender
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I like yelling at people who quit because something you don't NEED went up in price. And I really wouldn't pay more than 120k like before the gold rush started, but I wouldn't quit because of it, I would either put in my own money out of game or not buy any gold whatsoever. Either way it doesn't affect how I play the game b:victory

this~ ^^
    yes~ d(^.-d)

seriously likes like saying.... OH MAH GAWD THAT TOP WHICH HAS ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT ON STATS OR ANYTHING AND ONLY SERVES TO MAKE ME SHINY/FANCY LOOKING THUS A EASIER TO SEE TARGET JUST WENT UP IN PRICE QQ~~

-.-' besides me only sad about the charm price going up. xD
    but still not like its required... even though people say it is. (>.<) fear mah uber pot spam and apoth pots~

d(^.-d) *o dam i'm broke DX* b:sad

also darn those anniversary boxes~ me hate em and wuv em~~
    hate because they raise gold prices which equal to raised charm prices~ but wuv because now me have a chance to buy a lobster mount O.O' gah I want that lobstar~ (>.<)

and did spoons just hint at something? something......EVIL?..... D:
    teh perfect world is dooooomed~
    *looks around in the future to see weapons with OVAH 9000 ATTACK~* DX
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I don't quit (for now) cuz I just started playing and cuz I can afford to buy zen b:victory

I'll quit a game when I'm not interested in it anymore. This game is fun for me to play atm. b:dirty

And my vote is: I never quit because of the gold
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009

You didn't hear it from me, but usually when a game makes a previously difficult to obtain item easy to get, that means there's something better on the way
    It better be one time thing, lots of players got endgame items while the others got nothing or worked for months for them , not fair b:cryb:surrender

I agree with Desire that this is the fundamental issue with why people leave. It isn't mainly because of Gold prices. It is because something you have worked hard for sometimes for months, suddenly becomes common and can be bought easily with Cash.

It is human nature to have an ego and enjoy showing off something you have worked for. Even if you have nothing in RL, in the game you can be or own something special. There are numerous articles describing this phenomena.

However, when a game starts to devalue that hard work and the value of items in the economy becomes unstable. Then people start to feel insecure about putting any more time and money into the game. That includes people spending real money to buy rare virtual goods.

The Gold prices will probably continue to climb unless something is done to increase the amount of coin sinks permanently. You can adjust and plan for that. What you can't plan for is a rare item that you have been working and/or saving for becoming common or cheap overnight.

Just because something rare is going to be replaced by something better doesn't fix the problem if you don't replace it BEFORE devaluing the old item.

For example, I don't think the people that worked for months on DQ to get the Silvermane would have been as pissed off if a new rare mount had been introduced and offered to them in exchange BEFORE the Silvermane was introduced cheaply into the cash shop.

So please GMs/Devs plan your timing to give those who have worked hard some security in the value of their prized pixels.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    fiznik wrote: »
    Is this the first F2P game you've played? No matter what game it is, with time, in game gold prices go up. Usually influenced by items becomming available in item malls, but consistantly across every game I've played spikes at some point or another. People will continue to push the price up until the market starts to crumble again, and then prices usually come back about halfway and stabilize. PWI stays in business because of those who buy the gold directly, the in game price won't affect their success in the least.

All that being said, no I'd never choose to quit a game over the in game exchange rate for gold.
    Ok how does that have anything to do with I said? I said that you do in fact HAVE to have certain items from the cash shop in order to PvP

Oh and I've played multiple F2P games, I'd list them but I'm not feeling a ban. The game I played before coming to PW the economy NEVER recovered, over a year after I left and I hear that it has only gotten worse.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Blackanese - Lost City
    Blackanese - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Thank you for replying. I like Perfect World a lot, and am hoping it can go on and on for quite some time. I see some other MMOs going into their fifth or tenth year, and I think,'That should be Perfect World in the future.' However, this 'here's-your-equipment-in-a-box' thing is quite demoralising. I mean, I'd probably spend the same amount of cash on charms and whatnot used to farm the equipment, but I'd be happier doing that than opening boxes. Also, putting such things in a box means limiting your players' interaction. There'd be many less farming parties, so that would be one less thing to do. Less parties mean fewer (or weaker) relationships formed. And that, sometimes, can determine whether players stay or leave (to some new flashy thing on the market that's really quite overhyped). I understand it means quicker cash, but it shortens the lifespan of your product.

Sorry for the mini wall of text.
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Unless this winter update makes it easier for players to earn reputation and farm materals for frost/lunar/warsoul gear to once more balance the mess you made with anniversary gifts, you can already consider the patch a failure. Im not even talking about new content. Im talking about fixing up the whole gear system that has been ignored for months. Its been an year already. How long till something is done? PWI Comunity is pushing 100+ and the 80/85/95 gear is still unavailable or poorly inserted in the game.

Also, stop handing out 'insult chests' (the ones that need hammer to open) as rewards. The vast majority of the players are in fact offended by these. There are smarter ways of taking money from the players.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Less parties mean fewer (or weaker) relationships formed. And that, sometimes, can determine whether players stay or leave (to some new flashy thing on the market that's really quite overhyped).

I stayed in a crappy game for over a year because of people that were on it. This is truth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ROFL look at the poll! People not leaving jumped from 6 to 60 in a matter of minutes. GMs really outdo themselves on that one.b:chuckle

Well, we'll see what happens when a certain other mmorpg launches later this month.b:victory
This discussion has been closed.