Heart and Soul Weapons (Refined from Rough Draft)

Options
Zalum - Heavens Tear
Zalum - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestion Box
(this is the second draft of the idea..... not the compleat verson and i still may need to think this over...i just want to know what people think so far.)

(i am working on a better idea it is just hard to think of things that aren't so uber powerful and would be over kill)

Ok i have been thinking.... why can't we all have a weapon as Unique an Diverse as we are? it grows with you, and you can Upgrade it every 2lv's

Everyone gets one and only one of this weapon.

Weapon can't be used in duels, but can be used on PK's and Monsters.

When you get the Weapon you are given one of the following, which you can pic....and only have one of at a time.

Heart and Soul Core: Crystal Structure- Favors attack stats, Speed and Defense power of weapon are =

Heart and Soul Core: Crystal Sphere- Favors speed stats, Attack and Defense powers are =

Heart and Soul Core: Crystal Gem- Favors Defense stats, attack and speed are =

The Weapon is called by what ever name you want to call it... buy by default it is called the Heart and Soul Origin.

It can't be Traded, Broken, Sold, Discarded, decomposed, or rephined.... as it represents your Heart and Soul.

The characteristics of this weapon are.

- You can pour your Mana, life, Spirit, and even EXP points into this to make it more powerful. you can infuse or just dump everything you have into it for a Release into it's true state which would be what it would look like at Core levle 100 (char levle 100)

In addition to that you can upgrade it every 2 levels to change the look and powers of it.... first level it looks like a wooden sword..... then once it hits lv1 it turns to a normal looking sword and then the elder lets you customize it.
Then at LV2 you can start the real fun of makeing it your own.

Customization:
It can be shaped to almost anything you can come up with....and as such it's effect changes with it. starting from the handle and ending with the tip of the blade you can shape the weapon to look realy good..... and even name it at this point....like Avatars one name per server.
But after level 1 changes are made then at levle two you can change it to what you realy want it to look like

Hilt: the Handle and lower part of the blade: there will be several options for the look and even a full custom look.

Mid Blade: The mid part of the weapon: many options here to all have and effect on the weapons powers.

Tip: The tip of the sword: options will be orovided

Ability: every 2 levles you can enhance on the one you start with or add new ones..... how ever the more you add the more powerfull the one you choose will be..... at lv 12 you are forced to get a diffrent power for all powers have 12 levels, but some powers have a Synergy with others like Metal(wind) and Fire = infurno.

And all elemental powers need mana to fuel them so the exsact atk power and such depends on how much of your Heart and Soul you put in to this weapon.

Every two levels you can add on to the number of blades, spikes, any other things you may have added on to it, or add on to the lenth, width, or other things about it..... I'll leave that to the imagination.

At Weapon LV4 you get a add on to the weapon like a spinner blade or drill blade.... if you have a 3 blades weapon this comes in handy if you are want attacks faster.....

Spinner: pulls off all blases attack at one time

The abiltys will go some what as follows
(for those that don't want a element and just an exsample of what i mean by it is your heart and soul)
__Non__________
LV1:Sawraded blade: Add rip damage to attack acting as a second attack.... has a separate attack strenth.

LV2: Rough blade: makeing the blade itself as course as sand rock has added on to LV one creats a second wave of rip damage.... acts as 3 attacks in one.

LV4: Scale Blade: Insted of just one blade it is many forged together to make a scaily pattren on the blade..... attacks as if it were 9 blades.

LV6: Pinespike Blade: even smaller than the scailes this upgrade makes your attacks seem like that of 18 attacks.

LV8: Hair Spike blade: Even more refined though the after shock attacks are low powerd they are many (25 attacks per blade)

LV10: Thrashed Blade: This blade looks like it were pealed back for makeing attacks better (15 attacks per blade Atk Up per attack)

LV 12: Ravaged Blade: It looks like a night mare made into reality (Skill Masterd does not cound as upgrade point use..... 16 attacks per blade)

Fire would be difrent since it adds onto itself,

Fire
amplified by Metal powers.

1Spark: adds Fire damage

2Flame: more fire damage

4Flare: 25% chance of A burst of flame that causes burning and has a 10% chance of turning target to sinders

6Flame Wave: Ranged 10 meters, cresent wave, attacks all targets infront of you with a wave of fire..... 10% per target of Sindering.

8Flare Wake: Ranged 20 meters, can take out air targets, cresent wave: same as flame wake with 500 more damage added.

10 Fire Storm: Ranged 25 meters, cone of flames, Fire storm is summoned, all targets in side besides you are consumed.

12 Flare Storm: Ranged 50 meters, can attack air targets, Area Storm, lasts 3 mins, monsters don't respawn for 5 mins after..... a Storm of all consuming flames.
Post edited by Zalum - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well, it certainly is an interesting weapon mechanic. I do like the idea of a customizable weapon that is linked to your character. However, I don't think that it fits in quite as well in this particular game. Perhaps a new game could be made in the future using this mechanic as a starting point.

It would need some balancing to make sure no one path becomes too powerful though (Like for your example, each individual attack would deal less damage per hit than another weapon type, but would combine to do equal damage overall).

Another point is, why does it have to be a sword? So much potential in other weapons as well. You can have a polearm, a bow, a hammer. Any number of things really. Although, this would take quite a bit of work to come up with so many possible choices, it would probably be worth it.

One final sticking point for me is that you change it every two levels. That seems like a huge amount of customizations at very frequent intervals (unless the game this is used in has a very long leveling process). Perhaps every 5-10 levels would be better. That way, there's more chance to get a feel for the weapon, and to plan out what you want to do for a future upgrade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    And make it so the Melee weapons give almost the same attack bonus as magic weapons give magic attack bonus, because it's really stupid how magic weapons give so much more magic attack than melee weapons give melee attack. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well it starts out as such but at LV2 you can turn it into a bow, staff, almost anything with two sides.

Like say i had a sword.... on upgrade i would make a Double Bladed Staff then at the next with the additon of the spinner i would give it 3 blades and use it like a saw.... then each blade that hit.... would hit with the effect of the blade i have^_^ so like 3x9 is 27 attacks all together.

and say it is a bow.... then you would have a Bow that every level could get bigger or have more arches to it so it looks like a fan bow but shoots one powerfull shot or many depending on how much mana you put into it.

Then i do limit it so at lv 12 of the weapon you have to start on a new power.... but the form of the weapon can keep evolving and changing...

I was thinking at lv 14 of haveing something of a 7 blade weapon with a spinner that hits with a Puff(low end wind atk) and ravage blade effect^_^
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well it starts out as such but at LV2 you can turn it into a bow, staff, almost anything with two sides.

mmm.... double sided dual axes = four axes b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No you only get one Heart and Soul.... you would have to find away to make it so it is like armor....which can be done.... at 30 for the start of a seond weapon.

So you would have one weapon with armor all the way up your arm from LV 20 and then acrosed the chest with a second weapon in hand but connected to the first.

that armor by the way.... also ups your defence powers..... and then the armor can be customized.

you can even have the Scyth with chain if you like.... Kasarigarma i belive it is called.
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think Corn was thinking that with the first upgrade, he would turn the weapon into an axe. Then into a double headed axe. Then, add another two axe heads onto the other side of the axe with future upgrades. The effect being similar to the double sided pole-blade you were talking about, but with double headed axes. And things like that is exactly what I was talking about with the whole balance issue that would arise out of something like this.

Although, I have to admit, I would probably make something totally ridiculous myself with something like this. b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have to admit this idea sounds like a hell of a lot of fun. But, like Lairian said, it's going to have be something a brand new game uses as it's centerpiece, there would no way to merge this into the weapon system perfect world already has going.

But hey, if you get someone to make a game with this in it, let me know, I'll give it a try. Keep working on it. Good job.b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    okay to clear things up i mean:

first, u turn them into dual axes. there is two right? now u add a second head to the left one. 3 axes. then u add a second head to the right one. 4 axes!! b:victory

Edit: ZOMG EPIC PWNAGE:
    turn it into a crossbow....

then turn them into dual-crossbows=ZOMG LAZERS!!!!!
    ZOMGZOMGOMGOMGOMGOMZOGMMOGMO!!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2009
    Options
    Edit: sorry for the double post

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Same thing I said last time:
    So the point of farming molds, TT/Lunar/FF gears are?
    This would ruin the gaming economy.
    Fun, yes. However, ruins the game's purpose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥