Fists/Claws = Absolute superiority through added skills

Options
shlomo2
shlomo2 Posts: 105 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Blademaster
Provoke = agressive skill. makes you steal aggro from a higher lvl barbarian easily.

Stun = as it says, it stuns. PvP ownage.

Darken = stun+seal. PvP ownage.

any other skill to add?
I'm King_Solomon, from Heaven's Tear server.

If you're willing to join another online game, do NOT join any game hosted by K2 NETWORK. Wanna know why? See BBB complaints.
Post edited by shlomo2 on

Comments

• Esque - Lost City
    Esque - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Provoke is stupid because fists aren't supposed to tank.
    Allnighte - knn read pwdatabase laio, rank6 weap needs all of the badges la.
    rank8 laio just la needs laio rep la

Naevo - o wait dis be pw-my-en? ding dong la
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    darken's ok, but i'd prefer -intervels anyday ^^(bm's have their own stuns, and stuns dont stack)
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Theoretically no BM is supposed to tank, that's the barb's job supposedly, but more often than not I find myself tanking whether there is a barb or not because 95% of barbs don't know how to play their class. Also do you think axes or some other BM weapon is better to tank with? Please do "enlighten" me
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • White_Puma - Lost City
    White_Puma - Lost City Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Best tanking weapon is the weapon with more DPS. Most BM tanks prefer fist, as they can easily keep aggro and still use kick to cancel spells that are going to be used on them.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I use fists to tank. They allow you to hold aggro better.

My main is axes.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I truly hope the naysayer of fist tanking ability is referring to light armor pure dex builds only. Otherwise, he really has no clue about what he is talking about.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • bigxbear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I truly hope the naysayer of fist tanking ability is referring to light armor pure dex builds only. Otherwise, he really has no clue about what he is talking about.

wat?! LA for physical tanking? y would any bm, much less a tanking bm be LA?
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    bigxbear wrote: »

wat?! LA for physical tanking? y would any bm, much less a tanking bm be LA?

b:chuckle maybe he is tanking mantavip?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Heavens Tear
    Decus - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

oh really? try it with fists first of all, out of all 4 weapon types bms can use for "tanking" fists are probably considered by most to be the best
  • ibbies
    ibbies Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

yea esque is a LA archer build bm :P kinda dumb too since archers will kick his **** anyways b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
  • shlomo2
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ibbies wrote: »
    yea esque is a LA archer build bm :P kinda dumb too since archers will kick his **** anyways b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender

I prefer LA than HA to pk archers. at short range their melee damage is reduced and miss quite often unlike the metal damage. with HA i'm forced to spend some (in fact little) time with alter marrow magic to prevent magic spikes. with LA i just punch the archer until he/she's knocked out.

If you're willing to join another online game, do NOT join any game hosted by K2 NETWORK. Wanna know why? See BBB complaints.
  • bigxbear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    shlomo2 wrote: »
    I prefer LA than HA to pk archers. at short range their melee damage is reduced and miss quite often unlike the metal damage. with HA i'm forced to spend some (in fact little) time with alter marrow magic to prevent magic spikes. with LA i just punch the archer until he/she's knocked out.

u do know that good archer carry a pair of fist's w/ them for when certian classes r in melee range, and marrow + LA = REALLY LOW pdeff. so who do u think will get knocked out first? =P
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    shlomo2 wrote: »
    Provoke = agressive skill. makes you steal aggro from a higher lvl barbarian easily.

Stun = as it says, it stuns. PvP ownage.

Darken = stun+seal. PvP ownage.

any other skill to add?

which skills are these ones? genie skills? fist weapon skill?

never heard of these beforeb:surrender
  • kamikaze101
    kamikaze101 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Theyre not really skills more like effects a weapon has, like zerk o.o
  • Esque - Lost City
    Esque - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yikes, huuuge mistake on my end. I should've been a bit more clear on my initial post. Like everyone here said, dex built fists shouldn't be tanking -- which is what I meant. If you're a str-built fist wr, then by all means, be the off-tank. When I was heavy armour, I was always the off-tank for a small guild I was in at the time. And yes, I am a dex build. I don't see why everyone makes such a big deal about it.
    ibbies wrote: »

Ibbies, if you're an archer and on Lost City, why don't you come test out that theory?
    Allnighte - knn read pwdatabase laio, rank6 weap needs all of the badges la.
    rank8 laio just la needs laio rep la

Naevo - o wait dis be pw-my-en? ding dong la
  • BludShot - Lost City
    BludShot - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Fists are a giant steaming bowl of elephant ****..
    b:surrender
  • bigxbear
    edited September 2009
    Options

eat glass and (digest) me a diamond
  • shlomo2
    edited September 2009
    Options
    HAHAHA everyone knows why you hate fists, archerb:chuckle

• Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    u do know that good archer carry a pair of fist's w/ them for when certian classes r in melee range, and marrow + LA = REALLY LOW pdeff. so who do u think will get knocked out first? =P

even with magic marrow i have like 8-9k phisic defense, and even if i had 0 an EA would NEVER be able to kill me with fists, since i can stunlock him

also even considering LA as bm is stupid unless for really specific stuff, like 1v1 mage or something, but not EA, since their phisical can hit hard too. also it hink their metal skills get reduced dmg in melee range too and they have ther same chance to miss for sure
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • bigxbear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    even with magic marrow i have like 8-9k phisic defense, and even if i had 0 an EA would NEVER be able to kill me with fists, since i can stunlock him

also even considering LA as bm is stupid unless for really specific stuff, like 1v1 mage or something, but not EA, since their phisical can hit hard too. also it hink their metal skills get reduced dmg in melee range too and they have ther same chance to miss for sure

from lvl 1-88, u onlt have one stun that lands every time, the other 2 r by chance till u go demon, then u have 2 that hit 100%, 1 that hits 50% and ont that hits 33%.

one of their matal attacks to full dmg at melee range, and another reduces ur metal resistance.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I remember both of my metal skills doing full damage in melee range when I actually grinded with my archer instead of just gem questing them. They also have 2 additional skills for melee range as well.

And going fists/axes actually allows for the only guaranteed stun chain we can actually count on, just requires successful hits. This is because stun is the same as having 2 conditions together; freeze and seal. So use Roar, demon Drake's Bash, Tyrseus before stun wears off, then Smack for the seal. So 13.5 secs of stun, and freeze + seal that can over-lap the first stun chain with the next, since you won't really need to time it that well. Then you get another 13.5 secs of stun before you have to worry about using a chancy skill like Aeolian to hope for that 50% stun to actually hit.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • bigxbear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    better have 2.5 sparks then =P
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    from lvl 1-88, u onlt have one stun that lands every time, the other 2 r by chance till u go demon, then u have 2 that hit 100%, 1 that hits 50% and ont that hits 33%.

one of their matal attacks to full dmg at melee range, and another reduces ur metal resistance.

well i didnt know details bout ea skills, but wat u wrote bout stuns is soo stuped :)) also from 89 u have only 1 that lands 100%.

if u find any EA who will own me with fists and isnt like lvl100 with lunar +12 fists i dont know wat will i do but really, thats not an option for EAs

sooo fail.
    I remember both of my metal skills doing full damage in melee range when I actually grinded with my archer instead of just gem questing them. They also have 2 additional skills for melee range as well.

And going fists/axes actually allows for the only guaranteed stun chain we can actually count on, just requires successful hits. This is because stun is the same as having 2 conditions together; freeze and seal. So use Roar, demon Drake's Bash, Tyrseus before stun wears off, then Smack for the seal. So 13.5 secs of stun, and freeze + seal that can over-lap the first stun chain with the next, since you won't really need to time it that well. Then you get another 13.5 secs of stun before you have to worry about using a chancy skill like Aeolian to hope for that 50% stun to actually hit.

theoritically works. practically.... bullshet. also u will never get demon roar and bash likely, smack doesnt prevent ur enemy from dropping or moving, and u can miss on target. relaying on overlapping these stuff... u cant dd awhile, and thats likely impossible to time. if u really need to overlap hope occult ice will work
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think and easy way to fix fists is by adding evasion and accuracy to the mastery.

I mean if you are learning to use fists/claws. You should naturally learn to evade more and be more acurate when you use fists.

For instance, and axes built is high in str, the most str you add the higher you hit, the mastery adds more on that.

Same with the archer, the more dex he has, the harder he hits and the mastery adds more on that.

However, fisters have a more balance built between str and dex. However, the mastery only helps on the str part but nothing on the dex points.

This is just an idea lol.