Bald underwater

Poison - Heavens Tear
Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Support Desk
There's a new hair glitch when you go under water. Your hair keeps dissapearing/reappearing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Poison - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kireina - Dreamweaver
    Kireina - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    During flight it happens to some as well. I shouted about it and a bunch of people whispered me saying they suffer from it as well.

147d15d3.jpg

I've just had it happen in the field too ):
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Nyasia - Dreamweaver
    Nyasia - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Bald when swimming, bald when running, bald when standing, bald when flying, bald when fighting. Seems to happen at any time, really. Girlfriend's barb's hammer also tends to disappear in much the same way for me.
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Bald when swimming, bald when running, bald when standing, bald when flying, bald when fighting. Seems to happen at any time, really. Girlfriend's barb's hammer also tends to disappear in much the same way for me.

All of this happens to me too. D:
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MytpEZsylfY

When the video finishes processing, I captured balding on land.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Okay, we have pics & video, next step will be dxdiag reports so...

dxdiag.jpg
    Win7 64bit

Newer drivers won't be a fix, as all of them except for this version do random "driver stopped responding" while in dungeons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    @poison

That should be a sign that something is wrong with the drivers or hardware setup if it won't let you update the drivers.

Did you try uninstalling them first before trying to install the latest ones?

Are you running the last RC legit version for Windows 7, or an earlier version?

Earlier version (or cracked), you may be out of luck and need the retail release of Win7 for everything to work properly.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Anybody else want to post their video chipset info?
    b:pleased

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device and Drivers boxes:
    dxdiag.jpg
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/luminatingheart/dx.jpg

Most of my display and system drivers are up to date.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    @poison

That should be a sign that something is wrong with the drivers or hardware setup if it won't let you update the drivers.

Earlier version (or cracked), you may be out of luck and need the retail release of Win7 for everything to work properly.

Legit Win7 final RC

Not only uninstalled but driversweeper to get rid of all of the install files.

I can update the drivers, but anything other than these will randomly black out the game screen in dungeons and display "video driver stopped responding" verified with friends on other Win7 RC systems, and not just with PWI. Some games wont even load with the newer drivers. nVidia is doing better with Win7 than they did with Vista (They actually have drivers this time) but they aren't "full release" quality drivers yet. I thought the newest one fixed it but it came back last weekend so I uninstalled and reverted back to the working ones.

Just to rule it out I'll uninstall, install the newest ones tonight and grab screenshots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SajinX - Dreamweaver
    SajinX - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    maybe the GMs polluted all the water >.>

LMAO it doesnt work on barbs apparently, but imagine how funny it would be if it did
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nyasia - Dreamweaver
    Nyasia - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    dx91509.png

Running 64-bit vista
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 9/15/2009, 21:14:53
           Machine name: WINDOWS7-PC
       Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7100) (7100.winmain_win7rc.090421-1700)
               Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
    System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD
           System Model: MS-7512
                   BIOS: Default System BIOS
              Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E8400  @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
                 Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 4096MB RAM
              Page File: 2238MB used, 5950MB available
            Windows Dir: C:\Windows
        DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
       User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
     System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
        DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
         DxDiag Version: 6.01.7100.0000 64bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
          Display Tab 1: No problems found.
            Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
            Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
              Input Tab: No problems found.

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
              Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
           Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
              Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9440)
               DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
             Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9440&SUBSYS_24481682&REV_00
         Display Memory: 2809 MB
       Dedicated Memory: 1018 MB
          Shared Memory: 1791 MB
           Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)
           Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
          Monitor Model: W2343
             Monitor Id: GSM5701
            Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (59.934Hz)
            Output Type: DVI
            Driver Name: atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
    Driver File Version: 8.14.0010.0697 (English)
         Driver Version: 8.650.0.0
            DDI Version: 10.1
           Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
      Driver Attributes: Final Retail
       Driver Date/Size: 8/14/2009 03:49:38, 4629504 bytes

Character goes bald a lot when in flight, swimming and randomly while walking around.

And at login: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahz2DWTNm9Q

@Poison: Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Current drivers (and past ones for the last months) for Nvidia/Ati are both as they will be for retail as Windows 7 has been in RC. For those who do not comprehend what an RC is, an RC is not a Beta version where major overhauls will change it completely, but a version with the potential to become the retail.

Release candidate
    The term release candidate (RC) refers to a version with potential to be a final product, ready to release unless fatal bugs emerge. In this stage of product stabilization (read QA cycle), all product features have been designed, coded and tested through one or more Beta cycles with no known showstopper-class bug.

Also, drivers are never final, they're always being tweaked and updated even for non-RC OS-es.
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Did the driver update anyway...

poibald.jpg

dxdiag2.jpg
    Release candidate

I'm well aware of what a Release Candidate is, thanks though. I said nothing about the OS being the cause of any issues. :) The driver issues with 275's and win 7 beyond 1.1wdm is very well documented on the web.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    This particular issue doesn't seem very driver-related anyway.
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    This particular issue doesn't seem very driver-related anyway.

Not in the least, but I knew that would be the first thing panda said "update drivers"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    Try changing your in-game graphic settings up or down and see if you can get the glitch to go away, and change zoom in, zoom out, to see if it is a distance or customizations setting.

If you guys figure out what the setting is that makes the glitch go away, that would help us out so we can pass along the info to the devs.

Thanks!
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    @poison

I don't think this is a local issue for a few reasons,
    1. Other people can see that you are bald, at the same time you are bald on your screen so it's not just local graphics display it's actually missing.
    2. For me, and other people I know, this is happening to one of our characters and not the others, for me, GentleHinata (first character slot, blade master) is suffering balding glitch, however QTKyuubi (second character slot, venomancer) is completely unaffected. For others their mains are unaffected but their alts are so it doesn't seem to be dependant on character slot.
    3. This only started happening since the last patch 188, and i've been playing since december, my settings and configuration have not changed, nor have additional applications been installed, excluding automatic updates for vista.
    b:scorn

I'll put some screenies up later, curious if only certain hair styles may be affected as well

EDIT: As far as graphic settings, i've tried performance mode and my regular play settings both seem to be affected
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Try changing your in-game graphic settings up or down and see if you can get the glitch to go away, and change zoom in, zoom out, to see if it is a distance or customizations setting.

If you guys figure out what the setting is that makes the glitch go away, that would help us out so we can pass along the info to the devs.

Thanks!

I turned off my "AA trick". I tried zooming in/zooming out yesterday morning. If I scroll all the way in, then back out 2 clicks it usually goes away until I zoom back or turn, or move, or attack... spinning the camera around and around with your mouse will sometimes make it come back then disappear again. I have not however seen the bug in the air or on land, just under water. I'm going to turn off water effects tonight to see if that changes anything, I forgot that when I was testing last night.

Is PWI unable to replicate this bug?
    I'll put some screenies up later, curious if only certain hair styles may be affected as well

I thought of that too. Is your affected character the same hairstyle as mine?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Only veno's? Lol... Mid arch seems to scare my haircut... And my Green Lion Lord/Kirin... Looks a bit like the glitch with the boxes in TT1-2/1-3.. and I also noticed that all blue see-through (sorry, english not my native language but ya know what I mean) materials (Like the watcher of the skies wings) have this bug :P... That's all I know about it.. Lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I thought of that too. Is your affected character the same hairstyle as mine?

From your signature, my bald char is is sporting a different hairstyle. Mine is the same as Hinata from Naruto (straight bangs and long hair) will post pic here when I get home. Could be some styles affected and some are not as opposed to just one bug style as there seems to be many.

I'll see if i cant also upload my character ini file incase it's related to face shape?? but i doubt that abit

Also she is a BM, someone mentioned maybe it's only veno's there seems to be alot of us. But my veno is fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Well, I'll start a noob of each race tonight and start cycling through hairstyles underwater to see if that changes anything. The first pic we have of the flying bald glitch was an archer so that rules out veno only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    When I ride my mount on the bridge at the center of Archosaur (west side), the hair disappears. It reappears when I am about to leave the bridge. I was able to reproduce it repeatedly by moving back and foward a few meters.

The critical point is near the end of the bridge, where it about meets the land.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    When I ride my mount on the bridge at the center of Archosaur (west side), the hair disappears. It reappears when I am about to leave the bridge. I was able to reproduce it repeatedly by moving back and foward a few meters.

The critical point is near the end of the bridge, where it about meets the land.

That's moving from center to west? I'll give that a try too, I usually go west to center to pick up BH then center to south for CS.

Panda: anything other than changing graphical settings and experimenting with different hair styles that you want me to do? I'm more than willing to do some legwork to help find bugs, it's why I sign up for closed betas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Okay, for some reason everything was up but water which was all the way down. Turning it to medium or full and I have hair again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    my char has hair when fighting underwater, like everytime she fires her xbow she has hair for the duration of the animation, but in the pause between attacks shes bald again; after the fight's over of course she's bald once more.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Okay, for some reason everything was up but water which was all the way down. Turning it to medium or full and I have hair again!

For me, when I have my water slider on medium or high I am bald when I select my character and in game my hair will vanish for some camera positions. If I have my water slider all the way down, I have hair again when I select my character and have not yet noticed any problems in game.

This was with everything else turned off or minimized.
This discussion has been closed.