Wings of Grace/Windshield

Options
DarkSniper - Lost City
DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Archer
So yea, wings of grace reduces all damage by 30%, so does wind shield when it's maxed. So if you use both do they stack or do you only reduce damage by 30%

And sorry if it's been asked before I ran a search and couldn't find anything that had been posted recently.
The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
Post edited by DarkSniper - Lost City on

Comments

• Katz - Lost City
    Katz - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I tested with a barb
    first he perditioned me for 7k
    than i used wings,winged shell,Windshield and the damage was....500 b:laugh

so i would say they stack
    meow?

b:bye
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I tested with a barb
    first he perditioned me for 7k
    than i used wings,winged shell,Windshield and the damage was....500 b:laugh

so i would say they stack

I think winged shell lets 10% through (might be slightly higher...) so in that case, the 7k perdition gets reduced by shell to 700 (and disintegrates in that hit) and then 30% reduction = 490damage.

If anything, I think your "experiment" just might've proved that the two 30% reductions do not stack.
  • Katz - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Winged Shell Lv10 - Focus all of your energy to instantly create a mana shield
    to absorb up to 810 damage

Where does it say that absorbs 90% damage? :)

and that was not an "experiment" to see if the 2 skills stack, it was just a test to see if i can tank a perdition just for fun
    meow?

• EvAx - Sanctuary
    EvAx - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Your first post made it seem like a test to see whether they stacked. There was absolutely no hint that it was a random test to tank a perdition. This topic isn't for silly brag rights. All you needed was Winged Shell anyways.

I don't think Winged Shell absorbs 90% of an attack. Maybe 75%?
  • Katz - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Your first post made it seem like a test to see whether they stacked. There was absolutely no hint that it was a random test to tank a perdition. This topic isn't for silly brag rights. All you needed was Winged Shell anyways.

I don't think Winged Shell absorbs 90% of an attack. Maybe 75%?

I really think that it absorbs the damage stated and that is ... 810 damage
    meow?

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I really think that it absorbs the damage stated and that is ... 810 damage

Try it against a lower level monster that typically does less than 800 damage. See if any gets through.
  • Katz - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    some will pass trough
    you go to a world boss with the shield up and see if you still get oneshoted
    meow?

• Ivala - Dreamweaver
    Ivala - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    winged shell absorbs hits but u do still take a small percent of damage...like if mob hit for 700 u might take around 80 or so...
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Wasn't talking about winged shell talking about wings of grace and windshield.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Sorry, didn't mean to go off on a tangent.

Can you test with a naked fist fight? Damage if fairly constant in that regard, right?
  • Martin - Harshlands
    Martin - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    winged shell takes 810 damg yea but if you get hit by a dragon+all other damn debuffs and perdition crit...it STILL wont hit u for much

it takes 810 but that above attack would prob hit you for 40k but it reduces the 40k DRASTICALLY and you will live. In other words..absorb the full attack...or if a bm hits u for 400 you still got 510 to go =)
    PvE = F2P PvP = P2P
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Winged Shell Lv10 - Focus all of your energy to instantly create a mana shield
    to absorb up to 810 damage

Where does it say that absorbs 90% damage? :)

and that was not an "experiment" to see if the 2 skills stack, it was just a test to see if i can tank a perdition just for fun

The skill doesn't say explicitly "90%". Have you ever used/heard of the cleric shell skill (wings of protection)? It also takes damage even if the damage quota is not used up.

From experience, it seems to be 10-20% and I used 10% for simplicity (percentage gets smaller as damage increases so you don't get one shot).

I guarantee you that if someone (or something) hit less than 810 damage while you have lv10 winged shell up, you'd still take damage.

As far as my guess goes, it'll be too good to be true having grace and wind shield stack. Besides, what Katz has witnessed seems to be more favourable towards them not stacking.

7000*(1-0.9) = 700 damage (shell dissipates after the absorption as the quota is used up)

700*(1-0.3) = 490 (assuming windshield and grace do not stack)

700*(1-(0.3+0.3)) = 280 (assuming they both stack)

Judging by the damage you took, it seems they do not stack. This was what I was trying to bring across in my first post.

Wouldn't be hard to test. Go into a fist fight without shell, and activate grace or wind shield and then try again with both skills on.
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    why are you arguing with a level 5 you know they're idiots who have low level mains but pretend they are high level
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.