Do you keep the drops?

Options
Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
My rule has been that I will return the drops to the ones I attacked but will keep the drops from the people that attacked me. It seems pretty fair to me but of course I get the QQ for drops on WC etc. in which case, people tell them to carry GA's or don't PK (PvE server). But some of my friends always give back drops no matter what and tell me that it's bad to keep people's drops (karma and stuff). Surely people who lost their drops are not going to like you, though it's their fault for attacking someone while red and not having GA, but is it generally bad to keep drops at all? If everyone just gave back the drops then what's the point?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
Post edited by Divine_Death - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Quit.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    My rule has been that I will return the drops to the ones I attacked but will keep the drops from the people that attacked me. It seems pretty fair to me but of course I get the QQ for drops on WC etc. in which case, people tell them to carry GA's or don't PK (PvE server). But some of my friends always give back drops no matter what and tell me that it's bad to keep people's drops (karma and stuff). Surely people who lost their drops are not going to like you, though it's their fault for attacking someone while red and not having GA, but is it generally bad to keep drops at all? If everyone just gave back the drops then what's the point?

It's a PvE server keep all the drops your non PvP mode is a shield which will stop karma in it's tracks. also your bank will prevent karma's grimy little fingers from taking stuff in your inventory and just bind your gear, fly mount etc. happy hunting~

and if they still complain then go QQ your the one who chose to leave non PvP mode.
    and obviously your friends don't know what the heck karma is. it's good karma to keep the drops since they were the ones out hunting for people. ^.^'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It's a PvE server keep all the drops your non PvP mode is a shield which will stop karma in it's tracks. also your bank will prevent karma's grimy little fingers from taking stuff in your inventory and just bind your gear, fly mount etc. happy hunting~

Yeah, I'm not so much worried about karma since I always carry GA if I'm in PK mode, but just wondering if giving back drops is the general etiquette.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Fireblood - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not so much worried about karma since I always carry GA if I'm in PK mode, but just wondering if giving back drops is the general etiquette.
    No, it's not.
    Quit.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No, it's not.

hmmm yes....yes....give in to teh forces..... of good. join us~ we has pie and cheesecake~ because you really are doing a benefit by keeping their stuff. they are the ones who left non PvP mode~ b:laugh

although in PvP server (lost city/harshlands) I do give back drops if they were just farming/grinding/questing and I happened to be testing out my recently acquired BIDS. (O.o)' i mean common I'm not going to let my very first BIDS not kill some prey. (>.<)
    I also give it back if they're level 30 or something and their basic flying mount drops. DX me not that evil...yet.
    now onward to undine strike~!
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chili - Dreamweaver
    Chili - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i rarely give drops back, depends on the person tbh, sometimes i sell em the item back for a slightly lower price.
    i think i should stop pking in a squad tho because mostly other ppl get drops from my kill and give em back b:angry
    i dunno how come, but on our server most ppl have that funny morale to give drops back, totally desrtoys the "punishment" and risk atribute of pking o_O
    b:quiet
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i rarely give drops back, depends on the person tbh, sometimes i sell em the item back for a slightly lower price.
    i think i should stop pking in a squad tho because mostly other ppl get drops from my kill and give em back b:angry
    i dunno how come, but on our server most ppl have that funny morale to give drops back, totally desrtoys the "punishment" and risk atribute of pking o_O

true it's wrong to give back drops in PvE server. unless they died to a mob or something and they happened to drop something DX then give it back thats just courtesy.
    it's like walking into a bank with a loaded gun and not being tackled and sent to jail. b:angryb:angry
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=324531
    lol

Keep the drops so you can also get epic Q_Q's on WC lol b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=324531
    lol

Keep the drops so you can also get epic Q_Q's on WC lol b:chuckle

That was epic!!

Here is another one, but QQ no not have WC on it: Dropped Warsoul Helm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Think you guys just turned me a lot more evil. o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Think you guys just turned me a lot more evil. o_o

b:surrender

The way I figure ----> Dolls....use them, carry them or bind your stuff: Especially if Red named, otherwise the fault is not on the pk'er
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I prefer safety lock b:sin
    Quit.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Depends who it is and whether they ask nicely... but generally? No.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you softie kris
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i pked a lunar ring off a blood red mage the other day at west gate...

man that was awesome. maaaaannnn biggest income ive ever had from pking.... all i usually get are pickaxes -.-
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i pked a lunar ring off a blood red mage the other day at west gate...

man that was awesome. maaaaannnn biggest income ive ever had from pking.... all i usually get are pickaxes -.-

pickaxes is the currency of pkers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I usually get something crappy from red people like arrows. Depending on the situation, then I may give it back (like accidentally getting red from AoE or something). But if a person is nearing blood red or is blood red, then that's no excuse, carry moar dolls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Piximin - Lost City
    Piximin - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol i have got like 1 swiftshadow, 1 crimson, sum HH80 wep and calamity xD
    KEEP KEEP KEEP IT ALL b:thanks
    And i've lost my Sakyamuni once >_> but whatever xD i was just careless >.<