FB19/FB29 Drop Hunting

Areowyn - Lost City
Areowyn - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Yeah, I know. BAD IDEA! Well see, with my setup, there is bound to be more drops. I don't want to have any 4x with...but if I could assemble a squad of 6 to fight the FB 19/29 bosses, what would be an ideal setup. I am a level 30 archer based in dex, str and a little vit, so I have no idea what other classes to pull with me. I figure a barb/BM to tank, veno to pull, cleric(1 or 2) to heal and maybe a wiz....because wizzys kick **** with their spells b:pleased
I hate clear glass windows, you never realize they are there until you hit them!
I herd you liekz MUDKIPZ.
Proud archer of PWI.
~Ravendal for LYFE!~
Post edited by Areowyn - Lost City on

Comments

• /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    At lvl 40+ my friends and me were doing bh29 in team of just three (barb, cleric, wizard) without any problems.

At your current level you can farm fb29 too, just need barb with normal build (much vit), cleric or two with Ironheart heal (maxed for current level), as many damage dealers as you want. Veno is not needed for luring here as you will fight 3 mobs max at the time but veno's debuffs + Wood damage (Qingzi has weak Wood resistance) will make fighting final boss faster = easier.

Make sure barb will use Flesh Ream at all nearby mobs before cleric starts to heal him, otherwise heal will take aggro of mobs and they will attack cleric. Same goes for damage dealers, either attack only the mob which tank is attacking or make sure he will spam Flesh Ream on everything close to him.

If accidentaly cleric or DD takes aggro, don't run back but forward and allow tank to retake aggro with Flesh Ream.

Boss is easy, barb should tank (Flesh Ream spam all the time) without problems as long as cleric will spam Ironheart on him. Remember to rebuff just before boss. The only way you can fail here is if cleric runs out of mana or buffs will expire.

Barb can take lvl 1 apothecary remedy which regenerates 50HP every second - useful if you don't trust cleric that much ;)
    Packs World International
  • Battlebash - Heavens Tear
    Battlebash - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    if u r doing bh29 just get a barb, 2 clerics, swordsman and a wiz.
    dats wat i did and we didnt have any problems
    or u can just go to the place and find people dat wants to help u
    its really easy to do dat
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    drop hunting? get a level 20 any class.
    then get a level 60+ tank barb/veno/bm
    get a cleric or 2
    fill rest with dd.
    b:laugh
    ran FB39 with a level 30 cleric in our squad and both farren and herc dropped decent selling gear. b:victory
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meezevil
    meezevil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I am a level 30 archer based in dex, str and a little vit, so I have no idea what other classes to pull with me.

If you make yourself a veno and lvl it to 33 (won't take long), then you can farm fb19s all by yourself, with Crystalline tanking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Areowyn - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    meezevil wrote: »
    If you make yourself a veno and lvl it to 33 (won't take long), then you can farm fb19s all by yourself, with Crystalline tanking.

Reroll as a veno? lol, I like my archer...although I could make one for the sole purpose of harvesting b:thanks
    I hate clear glass windows, you never realize they are there until you hit them!
    Proud archer of PWI.
    ~Ravendal for LYFE!~
  • Areowyn - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Can I also get the strategies to fight with the parties for fb19/29? I am worried that we will get the mobs cleared then die upon attacking the boss...I also need the levels that I would want to recruit....Thanks guys!
    Proud archer of PWI.
    ~Ravendal for LYFE!~
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Can I also get the strategies to fight with the parties for fb19/29? I am worried that we will get the mobs cleared then die upon attacking the boss...I also need the levels that I would want to recruit....Thanks guys!

@ boss barb tanks - clerc heals.
  • iceknave
    iceknave Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Reroll as a veno? lol, I like my archer...although I could make one for the sole purpose of harvesting b:thanks
    Get the veno up to 45 (eldergoth tanking at range + dding, you healing only) or up to 47 (eldergoth tanking at range + dding, you healing + dding) and you can run FB29 solo (yeah, it seems pretty low, but I've done it 3 times so far and it's been getting easier, lol). Might need to be a bit higher though since I'm using a +4 Dharma Sword I found for cheap).

Half an hour to clear the dungeon, 15 minutes to kill the boss if you're at 47.
    Induction ID (Doomsbog): 3080068X031808024008351Z3f4d22
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    or just get a veno

I hear there was this one veno who could solo her fb19 at lvl 19, and then she could solo the fb29 and lvl 29. Oh wait that was me. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Make a veno and find a veno friend, a crystalline is more than enough for double veno party. At least before you start doing fb's that the bosses start one shotting your crystalline.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • meezevil
    meezevil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ...although I could make one for the sole purpose of harvesting b:thanks

Yeah, I meant it that way :)
    Btw, fb29 is considerably harder, if you go there with like 43lvl toon, than fb19 with 33lvl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cenminator - Dreamweaver
    Cenminator - Dreamweaver Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    best to just not farm for drops and go level from quests. the drops from 19 aren't worth it they won't be used for long or sell for a lot. from 29 the axes are pretty good until 47 but still not going to be used for long. not really any money to be made or anything to gain from farming 19/29 for drops.
  • supersmashbrother
    supersmashbrother Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    BM 40+ and a cleric 40+ are enough. Won't hurt to have a genie that has earthflame on someone for pulling, but that's really all you need.

-SSB