Cleric build and attribute points?

zc26
zc26 Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Cleric
I was wondering what builds/types of clerics there are in the game? Also, for each build, what would be the appropriate place to put your attribute points? I'd like my main focus to be a healer and only have plume, cyclone and thunderball just to lvl myself. So where do I put my 5 points in each lvl?

Thanks for all those who answer! =)
Post edited by zc26 on

Comments

• flashblind
    flashblind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    there are some sticky threads at the top of this forum. the one by junk (called "Cleric information for newcomers") is quite good and has several builds inside. Though what you are discribing would probably be a fsc (full support cleric). I'm sure there are builds for it in here somewhere too.

basically it'll come down to 6mag, 1 str every 2 levels to keep you up to date on your weapon, and armor. so you have 3 extra (every 2 levels). the more you place into vit, the more survivable you are, the more you place into mag the more damage/healing you do. unless you want to be la right off the bat, but I don't recommend it at low level. anyway the guide has more, check it out.

as for thunderball, I'd say don't use it. It is your choice in the end, but it takes more time/mana for less damage, when compared to other skills. I'm sure it has it's uses though
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I am not going to make new thread.I have 10 extra points and was wondering where to put them.My stats right now are at vit42,str34 and mag 234.I know I possibly need more in vit how much by.Where would be good place to put my 10 points?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    As a magic user you are squishy. As a Veno, for basic PvP and survivability purposes, 50 VIT is standard, but I think around 60-70 VIT makes it possible for you to survive Soulbanisher's AoE in TT1-2/1-3. If you plan on facing Belial in 2-3 one day, you will need 100+ VIT + BB to survive his aoe.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    That is not answering the question though and it is for a Cleric.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    I think it does. Venos/Clerics/Wizards are squishy classes. Respectively, stats can be translated between them depending on build. Wizards are dicey though. Personally, I would rather have a Cleric in my squad that's got some VIT and can survive a couple of hits until some can come around and save them, but if the squad is doing their job right, the Cleric shouldn't need saving. On top of that, you're getting to where you should start farming TT1-2/1-3 for some of the mats you need for your TT70 gear and weapons. Given your level and the VIT you already have and ignoring your gear, you will go squish on Soulbanisher boss and possibly Drummer.
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think it does. Venos/Clerics/Wizards are squishy classes. Respectively, stats can be translated between them depending on build. Wizards are dicey though. Personally, I would rather have a Cleric in my squad that's got some VIT and can survive a couple of hits until some can come around and save them, but if the squad is doing their job right, the Cleric shouldn't need saving. On top of that, you're getting to where you should start farming TT1-2/1-3 for some of the mats you need for your TT70 gear and weapons. Given your level and the VIT you already have and ignoring your gear, you will go squish on Soulbanisher boss and possibly Drummer.

wow, at 9x and u still can't tell how different a cleric is to a veno? o.o

a wiz and a cleric are the exact same, only difference is the skills they have and how they fly and dance =P

a veno is completely different in every way, stats wize, skill wize, and gender wize(sometimes =P)

so u can't really give vit hlp to a cleric as a veno. sry =( fail
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • evildarkfairy
    evildarkfairy Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    hello any 1 here
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    I have two clerics that I play. I do have some semblance of an idea of what I'm talking about. I do realize that Venos gain more HP from adding into VIT. However, Clerics that die after the first AoE from a boss are fail. I don't care how good they are everywhere else, if they can't survive they will complain that it's too hard and why didn't the squad skip this boss or that one. No use taking them if all they're going to do is QQ because they died.
  • bigxbear
    edited September 2009
    I have two clerics that I play. I do have some semblance of an idea of what I'm talking about. I do realize that Venos gain more HP from adding into VIT. However, Clerics that die after the first AoE from a boss are fail. I don't care how good they are everywhere else, if they can't survive they will complain that it's too hard and why didn't the squad skip this boss or that one. No use taking them if all they're going to do is QQ because they died.

i'm not saying vit in a cleric is bad, im just saying u said venos were like clerics and wiz. i was just getting on ur nervs lol

my thought to any cleric not sure on wat build to use, use the mag-7 str-1 vit-2 per 2 lvls build. it provides dmg, healing power, and enough hp to survive boss aoe (tested myself). hp shards in the armor, and pdeff shards in the cape and hat ^^
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    bigxbear wrote: »
    i'm not saying vit in a cleric is bad, im just saying u said venos were like clerics and wiz. i was just getting on ur nervs lol

"just make it short and simple.

with demon fox form and nix, you can catch and hit most target.

with sage form , you are liike a walking wiz with a tail."

Quoted from a guildmate off of the faction forums. Their name has been left out for their protection. I agree. I hate moving slow. (I miss speed buff when I play my cleric.) Wizzies and Clerics move at same speed (not fair).

(And that was completely off topic. =( )
  • bigxbear
    edited September 2009
    "just make it short and simple.

with demon fox form and nix, you can catch and hit most target.

with sage form , you are liike a walking wiz with a tail."

Quoted from a guildmate off of the faction forums. Their name has been left out for their protection. I agree. I hate moving slow. (I miss speed buff when I play my cleric.) Wizzies and Clerics move at same speed (not fair).

(And that was completely off topic. =( )

there's a topic? o.o
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    The player was asking for tips on where to put 10 stat points.
  • bigxbear
    edited September 2009
    oh, for a healer theres quite a few builds lol:

per 2 lvls=

vit build (suvivability):
    mag-6
    str- 1
    vit-3

pure mag (strongest heals, but die really easy):
    mag-9
    str-1

hybrid (average healing power, and average survivability):

mag-7
    str-1
    vit-2

or u can always go LA if u want to pay alot for refines(low healing, a bit more survivability, and u look kooler ^^):
    mag-6
    str-2
    dex-2

the only difference from hybrid and LA is; LA has more crit% and hybrid does more base dmg, and healing doesn't benefit from crit% so hybrid would be a better healing choice.

dono if my rambling hlped =P
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    That is nice and all but I want to know at my lvl.That is good for beginners or for those restating.I would like a few clerics answering this please.

I know I need more vit for TT as I only have 18+K.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    That is nice and all but I want to know at my lvl.That is good for beginners or for those restating.I would like a few clerics answering this please.

I have a base Vit of 50 and did not add any of that Vit till around my 7x. I have since never added more.

Enough STR for my weapons and the rest in Mag.

Some people go to 100 Vit others add none. Depends a lot on your gear as well in surviving TT. Yes, I died a few times, but overall I have no issues with not having added Vit in the early ones. Besides, you will be in BB for a few of those bosses and as such can compensate harder hits with pots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • bigxbear
    edited September 2009

my cleric> mag-7 str-1 vit-2 per 2 lvls> lvl 87
    enough hp to survive boss aoe's and enough dmg to keep my squad alive. i've never had a problem w/ survivability. u can use watever build u want, just the less u have in vit, the more u'll spend in refines.

and how do u have 18+k vit? o.o
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    I have some hp shards on my gear and the 42 vit.What should I be at for my lvl?I am a hybrid.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have some hp shards on my gear and the 42 vit.What should I be at for my lvl?I am a hybrid.

There is no "standard" number for those how add Vit (hybird). This is because, like in your case, there has not been a consistent pattern followed in where you have placed your attribute points. Had that been the case, then one might be able to back track and do the math.

Vit for Clerics is optional. Your decision to add. Do try a few HH/TT runs and see how you fair if that is what you are worried about.

Like I sad before, I had no Vit added to mine in the early HH/TT's and I did fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous