NOTICE: Server Maintenance FINISHED!

Options

Comments

• Mariejjane - Sanctuary
    Mariejjane - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    MJ D=

is Desyree still in your faction? if so tell her an old friend says hai b:cute

sure will :)
    100 demon veno
    90 sage barb
    90 demon psy
    90 demon cleric
    b:bye
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yeah, they definitely had Phoenixes... http://kaleidoscope.cultural-china.com/en/8Kaleidoscope3415.html . Delicious, delicious Phoenixes
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    - Veno's pet skill Flesh ream : bug been in game for years.

this isn't a bug, GMs have stated that it is functioning properly

also, other version (orig chinese if i'm not mistaken) 'fixed' it, then put it back in as a 'feature' b:laugh
    sure will :)

thankie b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    - Veno's air pet bugging monsters : bug been in the game for years.
    yea, that's kinda annoying, if YOU aren't flying the pets seem to never attack :@ then they want to go and ban us for using a different "working" glitch cause somehow it gives us an unfair advantage? we have many disadvantages too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    this isn't a bug, GMs have stated that it is functioning properly

also, other version (orig chinese if i'm not mistaken) 'fixed' it, then put it back in as a 'feature' b:laugh

How to fix a bug the cheap way : pretend it's working as intended. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Tryndal - Heavens Tear
    Tryndal - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    missrumba1 wrote: »
    Probably INCORRECT . See, at the slot machines (pokies in my country) , others are more likley to put more money in if they see others winning. At the Jewelers they have the more expensive stuff on bright display, while the less prized less expensive stuff is elswhere in the store. The the supermarket/ department store, the lollies (candy) is sitting right there as you go thru the checkout in a bid for an impulsive last minute purchase.

Same scenario here , except more blatant and shameless than the subliminal messages adopted by corporations and business's that actually want to keep their customers coming back.

Its a shame, this actually is a great game, its becoming painfull to see it being driven into the ground.

hehehehehe Ever so true and people like sheep follow! So sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Arrows fletched with the feathers of angels seldom miss their mark.
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    GriffinJ - Harshlands Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No they are not. There are bugs in the games that have been there for years and have never been fixed. Any other games I played would have fixed those bugs in a matter of hours or days.

Exemples :

- Forrest Ruins weekly event : bugged and closed since January 2008

- Monthly/Yearly races : closed since early 2008, runor says they are bugged.

- Veno's air pet bugging monsters : bug been in the game for years.

- Veno's pet skill Flesh ream : bug been in game for years.

And many more. SO far, every patch they put in brought more bugs into the game. Some minor ones were fixed. But it could have been easily prevented if those lazy chinese devs did some testing on their patches before releasing them.

b:shocked WHOA. I would hate to see them get really lazy and just stop updating the whole game or forget to pay the electricty bill........ *playing game and all of sudden "Cant find server please log back in"*.... but ya, lets see you make a game of this quality and with this much stuff in it and not have a single glitch/bug/mishap. I understand they have not fixed glitches that have been around since the game was basically release but in order to do that they have to look at the whole code of a game that is 1.5GB. They cant just type in the problem like you can use Find and have it locate the problem and point it out to you. Would be nice but it isn't that easy. Games have more and bigger bugs the bigger they are.
  • Tryndal - Heavens Tear
    Tryndal - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yeah, they definitely had Phoenixes... http://kaleidoscope.cultural-china.com/en/8Kaleidoscope3415.html . Delicious, delicious Phoenixes

lol MMMM MMMMM Good Nixes! Can I have some Sauce too! TY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Arrows fletched with the feathers of angels seldom miss their mark.
  • MajinTakai - Heavens Tear
    MajinTakai - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    hehehehehe Ever so true and people like sheep follow! So sad.

i am not a sheep ty...BAAAAA (<--goat noise)
  • FoxyFelicia - Heavens Tear
    FoxyFelicia - Heavens Tear Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    whats the rubber band glitch? o.O im not all that smart enough to use glitches....plus i heard a whisper that they get you thee BAN HAMMAH!
    =_= Not even gonna comment back on that...
    Funny, because to my knowledge there are no bikers, cheerleaders, raptors, gryphons, or piranhas in Chinese mythology, and I know Hercules isn't. Not sure on phoenixes, I think they have a version of that, the Ho-oh I believe? I know the dragon aerogear for Untamed isn't a Chinese dragon either, it's European, and they used the wrong spelling with the Kirin, that's the Japanese spelling. The Chinese spelling should be Qilin.
    Fine... Whatever... Just the Untamed is based off of Chinese myth... Sheesh >.>
    sorry...couldnt picture female body parts onna panda....or a wolf...or a lion...but Venos for the most part look like humans except with tales or assorted ears. so i say they change it :D
    And you need to read up on Chinese myth. Also, ever heard of a werewolf or lioness? >.>
    [My personal quote]

"Sometimes you just wanna break away from it all but can't... so what do you do?"
    [An accident]

Aside from the sig I'll be using once it's done being colored (thanks for making it, Flauschkatze), I refuse to post any more pics on these forums. I've learned my lesson, and I don't wanna risk getting in trouble again by accident.
    [Special thanks]

=ಥ.ಥ= <-- Thank you, Konariraiden, for making this kitty sauce face for me, nya~ =^.^=
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i am not a sheep ty...BAAAAA (<--goat noise)

So true, sheeps 'bleats'.b:victory
    edited September 2009
    Options
    =_= Not even gonna comment back on that...

Fine... Whatever... Just the Untamed is based off of Chinese myth... Sheesh >.>

And you need to read up on Chinese myth.

no ty i dont like reading long storys that have no relivance to me....but im just saying...it would be nice for them to have different choices....they do with the humans and winged...why not untamed? i seem to find it fair for them to bend the story a lil and make male venos and female "beasts" b:victory
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Now that I think about it, I don't believe there were any elves in Chinese mythology either, something similar maybe, but not elves. Elves are from European mythologies, mostly German, Scandanavian, Swedish, and other countries that speak Germanic languages.

Hrm, guess it's more accurate to describe Perfect World as a fusion of European, Chinese, and Japanese mythologies.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    How to fix a bug the cheap way : pretend it's working as intended. b:surrender

-shrugs-

just the way things go when your product subsists entirely on the kindness of it's users b:surrender

btw, if a GM happens to see this, what exactly do you guys/gals do for 'maintenance'? i expect that ya'll turn off the power to the servers so they can cool off... but anything major beyond that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2009
    Options
    Now that I think about it, I don't believe there were any elves in Chinese mythology either, something similar maybe, but not elves. Elves are from European mythologies, mostly German, Scandanavian, Swedish, and other countries that speak Germanic languages.

Hrm, guess it's more accurate to describe Perfect World as a fusion of European, Chinese, and Japanese mythologies.
    *listens to Test Tube Princess* Enough already! I said JUST the Untamed. =_=
    [My personal quote]

"Sometimes you just wanna break away from it all but can't... so what do you do?"
    [An accident]

Aside from the sig I'll be using once it's done being colored (thanks for making it, Flauschkatze), I refuse to post any more pics on these forums. I've learned my lesson, and I don't wanna risk getting in trouble again by accident.
    [Special thanks]

=ಥ.ಥ= <-- Thank you, Konariraiden, for making this kitty sauce face for me, nya~ =^.^=
    edited September 2009
    Options
    in order to do that they have to look at the whole code of a game that is 1.5GB.

Most of this 1.5 GB stuff is environmental stuff (graphics, musics, etc...) that dont need to be looked into.
    They cant just type in the problem like you can use Find and have it locate the problem and point it out to you. Would be nice but it isn't that easy. Games have more and bigger bugs the bigger they are.

Big LOL. It's dev's job to look into bugs and fix them. Would YOU hire a programmer that says to you he's not able to fix a bug into a program he designed?

Look in any of the big games out there, and every one of them is free of such major bugs. And when such bugs happens, they are fixed diligently.

The previous game I played had a bug happen which allowed players to acquire a rare crafting material cheaply via a bug that went unnoticed. They shut down the servers in a matter of minutes after it went back online, fixed the bug in an hour or two, did a rollback and restarted servers afterwards. This is what I call competent developpers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    did a rollback

i hate that... so much lost time b:cold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2009
    Options
    *listens Test Tube Princess* Enough already! I said JUST the Untamed. =_=

im just messin wit ya :) idk bout the other dude though >.> lol XD idk its a game :) makes me smile. so how is every one in PWI? whos gonna be on after maint? whos on HT? for us Care Bears :D b:pleased i for one am a proud care bear :D
    edited September 2009
    Options
    *listens to Test Tube Princess* Enough already! I said JUST the Untamed. =_=

What? I like studying mythologies. b:chuckle
    edited September 2009
    Options
    no ty i dont like reading long storys that have no relivance to me....but im just saying...it would be nice for them to have different choices....they do with the humans and winged...why not untamed? i seem to find it fair for them to bend the story a lil and make male venos and female "beasts" b:victory
    Suggest/request/complain about it as much as you want, they'll NEVER add male Venos and female Barbs.
    [My personal quote]

[An accident]

[Special thanks]

• Vesperr - Dreamweaver
    Vesperr - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    All these fights with male, female untamed, whatever, just make my tiger a dark gray and black striped one! :D
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Suggest/request/complain about it as much as you want, they'll NEVER add male Venos and female Barbs.

and your mean! b:sad u could atleast give me false support on my wishes >.>
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i better get my friggen mountb:angry
    edited September 2009
    Options

Just like they'd never ever never add a new race and class? b:chuckle As I stated before when people swore up and down that new races and classes would never be added to the game just because the Chinese version doesn't have them yet, nothing is ever impossible, only improbable.
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Blancheneige you are right, i am not arguing with you.
  • missrumba1
    missrumba1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

The previous game I played had a bug happen which allowed players to acquire a rare crafting material cheaply via a bug that went unnoticed. They shut down the servers in a matter of minutes after it went back online, fixed the bug in an hour or two, did a rollback and restarted servers afterwards. This is what I call competent developpers.

LOL brings back memories of quite a few similar incidents here,tho they never had the balls to roll it back and make it right here from what i recall. Anyone recall different?
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Now that I think about it, I don't believe there were any elves in Chinese mythology either

They are not called elves in the original chinese version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2009
    Options
    They are not called elves in the original chinese version.

then wat r they called?
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i hate that... so much lost time b:cold

No, since they where bright enough to shut down the servers a few minutes after the servers when back up. No one lost much except a few minutes of play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2009
    Options
    no, Since They Where Bright Enough To Shut Down The Servers A Few Minutes After The Servers When Back Up. No One Lost Much Except A Few Minutes Of Play.

Servers Are Back On!