Problem launching the game

ferralin
ferralin Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Support Desk
Hey, guys! I just finished updating, and now PWI wont run. I don't get any error messages or anything like that. But, once i click start to launch the game, the window opens for a few seconds, then closes, and nothing happens. Anybody else have this problem?
Post edited by ferralin on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What is the make and full model number of your PC?

What Operating System are you running?

How much system RAM do you have?

What kind of CPU do you have?

Let's take a look at your video chipset too:
    Go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device and Drivers boxes:
    dxdiag.jpg
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • logan800
    logan800 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ferralin wrote: »
    Hey, guys! I just finished updating, and now PWI wont run. I don't get any error messages or anything like that. But, once i click start to launch the game, the window opens for a few seconds, then closes, and nothing happens. Anybody else have this problem?
    OMG yes i do.b:angry
  • logan800
    edited September 2009
    I have no idea why I can't get into the game. I play every other game such as wow, L2, guild wars and lots more with Np. But when I get to this game crash.
  • kingmyke
    kingmyke Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    me too... it just started yesterday tho. No idea what happened.. nothing else has been changed on my computer to bring on any conflicts..
  • ptaszyna
    ptaszyna Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    hI! I'm having similar problems - once I just start Laucher.exe and computer restart, the other time I logged in and after I press the avatar and Start the screen went red.
    The other problem I came across are the graphic card drivers. When I install the brand new one direct from the ATI web page, my computer goes blue after I clic on Avatar and than Start. When I install the base driver, I've been given with the card (manufacture date 2005) everything goes well.
    After the upgrade to version 182 nothing helps and computer reacts just as I described few lines above.

My computer is build on my own so it's solid - 10 years experience.
    RAM: 2GB
    CPU: AMD Athlon XP, 2000 MHz (15 x 133) 2400+, Thoroughbred-B

dx.jpg

Thnx in advice for the help :-)
  • logan800
    edited September 2009
    2009-09-09_150523.jpg

Okay here it is...
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2009
    I would suggest that both of you roll back your video drivers to version 7.7: http://www.driversdown.com/drivers/ATI-Radeon-Graphics-Card-Display-Driver-7.7-Windows-XP-XP-MCE_26140.shtml

There is currently a known issue with AGP ATI cards running a later driver version, this will often cause them to simply not run the game at all.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• logan800
    edited September 2009
    Surtr wrote: »
    I would suggest that both of you roll back your video drivers to version 7.7: http://www.driversdown.com/drivers/ATI-Radeon-Graphics-Card-Display-Driver-7.7-Windows-XP-XP-MCE_26140.shtml

There is currently a known issue with AGP ATI cards running a later driver version, this will often cause them to simply not run the game at all.
    ok thx about to try that now.
  • logan800
    edited September 2009

well I've tried to install the older drivers like you said but, it doesn't work for the Sapphire Radeon HD 3850. Can you tell me of any other driver? Because, this does sound like a driver problem.b:chuckle
  • logan800
    edited September 2009
    This is the problem I believe to be with the game. The people who made this game are not fully testing all of the video cards thats out there. Most games such as world of war craft test cards and tell you which ones work or not. If you look at the specs for this game they say a 32mb card or higher but they don't give a list of tested cards like most other games do. witch leads me to think there not fully testing the video cards.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
    It is impossible to test every video card out on the market, in every possible system configuration.

We test Intel, ATI, and nVidia chipsets, but only a few with the latest drivers, and 1 year old drivers. Granted, it is far fewer then having 500-1,000 PCs hooked up JUST to test video cards. That would be very costly.

ATI AGP drivers have issues. You might try Omega drivers, but they go back to 2005.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • christu
    christu Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wow, 10 years computers experience and you're using an AMD Athlon :) ?
    Just being a bit mean, sorry :P I was hoping you'd tell me a valid reason for that, maybe I'll drop Intel :)
  • ptaszyna
    edited September 2009
    hI! I'm just downloading the driver and will report the result soon.

Why AMD - at first it was all because $. Now days it's about computing efficiency. In my opinion the best platform for VoIP Software PBX, Fourier transformation and complicated mathematical equations running in Matlab or Mathematica AMD is the best! :-)
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2009
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ptaszyna
    edited September 2009
    hI! OK - I downgraded the driver version and it's working on my ATI Radeon 9550! I'll report back later how it went with ATI R9600 Pro
    Great :-) Now I'm able to play again and enjoy the virtual live of Perfect World!
    Thnx for help

btw - I love the NVIDIA tower of power too... but I'm thinking about budget solution - Sony Playstation 3 + Ubuntu ;]
  • logan800
    edited September 2009

Are you sure that it is a bug with ATI/AGP cards because, if you look at my old posts, I had the same problem with my geforce 6200 AGP card as well.
This discussion has been closed.