Fist Venomancer

ReverseFlow - Heavens Tear
ReverseFlow - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Venomancer
Will a Fist Veno [Pure Fox] be viable???

Heavy Armor is already considered deadly right??
Post edited by ReverseFlow - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• The_Maxx - Sanctuary
    The_Maxx - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Some like it some don't. Its really your taste of how you like to play your character.
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Dexterity Requirements for fist (2 per lvl) and Strength requirements for Heavy armor (2.5per lvl) would suggest no this would not be viable, imo, you'ld be left with 1 magic point per every 2 lvls, making heal pet a nightmare, and you wouldn't be able to your your fox form skills, as they require you to equip a magical weapon, or I suppose bare handed however you can not change gear in fox form which means if you wanted to alternate between meele and skills you would be flippling in and out of fox form constantly. b:sad

This build would also leave you with 5 vit in total and vulnerable to magic attacks, it would be basically gimping your character, building a fist bm from a veno without having any relevant skills leverage your weapon choice. And again your heal pet will be horrible so idk, gl but i would really reccomend a magical instrument.

There is a good guide for a robe/heavy armor veno that may interest you, it's stickied in the Venomancer forum. (sorry don't have the link right now)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    As QTKyuubi explained, it's not really viable.

You're also rather confused about Heavy Armour builds. HA Veno builds are about balancing HA and AA pieces (or just HA) to provide maximum defence and versatility. It also lends a bit of extra power to melee damage.

HA builds use magic weapons, like any other Veno build, in order to be able to use skills.

There are admittedly a few people that go with so-called "eccentric" builds, like Bow-mancer or use melee (non-magical) weapons full-time, but these are more for personal enjoyment or challenge than serious viability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Will a Fist Veno [Pure Fox] be viable???

Heavy Armor is already considered deadly right??
    The physical attack comparisons I've done say no, it would be pointless. You can only go into fox form (and gain the phys attack and defense bonuses) with a magic weapon equipped. With a fist weapon, you'd be limited to human form.

The non-magic melee weapons do have higher phys attack than magic swords (which have the highest phys attack over time of the magic weapons). But if you have enough str to wear heavy armor, by the time you're in about the 60s, your str bonus multiplied by the fox form bonuses makes their damage over time pretty much the same. That's what my calculations said, and I verified by equipping TT60 axes vs the TT60 magic sword.

If you were to go pure melee, sacrificing most of your mag and dumping all those points into str, then the balance swings back in favor of the melee weapons. But to use fist weapons you'd be dumping most of those points into dex instead, which won't increase your damage. You'd gain accuracy and evasion, but at those amounts it only seems to make a big difference in PvP. And the primary advantage of a fist weapon - high speed - is already shared by magic swords (0.7 sec between attacks vs. 0.8 sec between attacks).

You can run the numbers yourself, but I suspect fox form with a magic sword would have higher DPS than human form with a fist weapon.

phys attack = (1 + 2*str/300 + fox_form_bonus) * (level + weapon_phys_atk + phys_atk_bonuses)