No more FB's help?

Options
astelion
astelion Posts: 16 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
I just noticed. Some time ago the world chat was filled with offers of help for Fb quests, it was even annoying to see so much spam... but now it's rare to see anyone offering help for this quests.
Just what happened? It's no longer rewarding enough for players to help the newbies? I'm just a little curious about this, as Fbs are almost impossible for low level players without either a full (and balanced) low level party or a few high level players.
Post edited by astelion on

Comments

• Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well one thing that springs immediately to mind is the school year either has, or will soon start depending on where you live in the US, meaning a lot of players will be going back to class.
  • Kismet - Harshlands
    Kismet - Harshlands Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I still enjoy helping on FBs, but as I've gotten to higher levels -- other instances and activities have taken priority. As a cleric, I'm constantly being asked to participate in GV (Rebirth Order), HH/TT runs, zhen, Eden/Brimstone runs, etc.

And because it takes a while (aside from this event) to farm the mats needed for higher level gears, I think people start to focus their time more on those needs than on running lower level FBs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well, I also notice there are much fewer Noobs in NoobTowns =/.

I am willing to bet that there are fewer FB Offers/Requests for the same reason.

(The TideBorn might correct that.)
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I still see a couple every hour or so on Dreamweaver, they get buried fast though between the Duke, though it's not nearly as bad as people on the forums make it seem, and the fools who just want to spam the world chat with useless messages like "Want to buy tele, PM me price!"
  • Opaline - Dreamweaver
    Opaline - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    maybe because of the bhs?
    you can do them daily and they give much better xp.

fbs were never really a good way to make xp for higher levels.
    There just wasn't anything better until now.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I don't see them in Sanctuary at all anymore. The few FBs I have done recently were for people that I knew, that either had an Alt. or a Friend.

Also, we shouldn't forget that with the addition of BHs, it is very common to find a squad willing to go at any time. After all, it is often much easier to WC for a BH squad, and if you happen to find someone with Tabs, then you just got lucky.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've done both of my final battles with guild mates, just Saturday we did two 29 runs, and a 19 yesterday. (I got lots of excuses to use Dragon's Breath and tell the bosses to bite my glorius glowing buttocks, whee!)
  • Kapacity - Sanctuary
    Kapacity - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well...Bounty Hunter Happened.b:surrender

FBs= About 10k experience per boss(depends on which FB) and ALL drops go to Tabber(3*** & Molds but some of them DEMAND all drops b:angry)

Bounty Hunter= A Whooping 100k+ experience and 20k+ Spirit for ONE boss and all drops are shared if its on random(Molds ftw b:victory)

You can see clearly why most people prefer doing BH instead of FBs. The only thing I look for in FBs is the Rep, nothing more. And sometimes I get 2 BHs in a day so its 300k experience in an hour or sob:pleased
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Easy.

School, summer's over, work is in full session.

The game has become boring - high levels quit cause of it or went to the game that just been released. Also.. High levels are already busy looking for their own help for their daily Bounty Hunter quests.

Reward in this game is not so much satsifying anymore too. As evident with this event, past events and so forth.
  • Cenminator - Dreamweaver
    Cenminator - Dreamweaver Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i quit doing fb's because people whine too much about drops, never had a problem giving them drops and always gave to tabber if i happened to get something. but i don't need people demanding drops and don't feel like digging through a nearly full max inventory to find that one dew of herbs that i got randomly. so only fb's i help with are for friends
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I dont do fb19 neither fb29.

I still do fb39 but I think I will stop doing it.

You can find many squad to do your fb39 and up near bh. They might even pay your wine as they need bh.

Saying that, I see very few new players in Santuary. Its kind of like everybody is high level in Santuary now.

the new classes will help bringing new players but I still think they need to make over the game way more to bring new players.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I never demand drops, not even the ones from bosses. I didn't even know it was supposed to be etiquette for the person with the tablet to get them during my first one, had to hunt for an answer as to what tabber meant after my guildmate and a cleric they found helped me with mine and she said "Tabber keeps drops." then everyone else left the party. I still dislike the term tabber, leader would make far more sense.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol.... silly people >>

FB19 are the only instance I'm not sure there is a BH for. And what high-level would refuse 30k xp for running a FB19 which takes no pots, no repairs and can be done in 5-10m?

Since BH has come out, people don't need to search hard for a FB party. Every faction is running BH for their specific levels EVERY DAY. I do BH69 every day. I do BH79 every couple of days. I often help BH39, BH51 and BH59.. and a number of the BH I've run also included a tabber doing a FB. Go figure.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It is because a lot more are doing BHs.The only way to get an FB done is to go to the centre of the Arch and ask there.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I also think the lack of people doing FBs can be attributed to Rebirth being done everyday, sometimes multiple times per day. Back before I quit my wiz on DW, I never once saw an RB WC, and was always drowned out by FB WCs, now I see every once in awhile one or two WCs for FBs, and tons of RBs.
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • astelion
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I understand all that, but i wonder what are new players supposed to do... maybe there are not as many new players now, but for those few being stuck with a fb19 can be very frustrating.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    its prolly better the low levels arent getting a high level to do all the work for them. Maybe people can do their FB's with people their level and actually learn a thing or two about dungeons. I think it would benefit everyone in the long run.
    sumtin like what i had to go threw ^^
    b202043474.jpg
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    astelion wrote: »
    I just noticed. Some time ago the world chat was filled with offers of help for Fb quests, it was even annoying to see so much spam... but now it's rare to see anyone offering help for this quests.
    Just what happened? It's no longer rewarding enough for players to help the newbies? I'm just a little curious about this, as Fbs are almost impossible for low level players without either a full (and balanced) low level party or a few high level players.

A lot of high lvl players quit PWI last 4-5 days. Many players are also busy playing open beta to another MMO (that i cant mention).

Ppl that still plays PWI are probably busy with double xp event, opening event boxes, farming money to get more boxes or doing Bounty Hunter. Thats at least what i doing lol. **** fbs b:surrender

Its weird even when ppl offer fb59 they have problem filling party b:shocked
    Rep from doing fbs is kinda obsolete now to, which also affects it. Its easier to just open more boxes, get tokens and change for rep candy.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Easier, maybe. As fun? Never. Nothing beats running up to a Xenobeast, shouting "LEEEEEROY JENKINS!" and letting loose with a blast of Dragon's Breath. b:laugh
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I quit helping for the simple reason I make better money grinding. With the huge inflation in economy I tend to lean more towards money-grind rather than a level grind.
    Tabbers in fb's demand every single item right down to the last DQ, so doing too many just ends up with repair costs in exchange for exp.

Next reason is it's very hard finding tabbers. If one shouts for help on wc about 50 level 90's jump them. Most have factions and friends who help them.

Have to say, I enjoy an fb59 from time to time. 15 mins wined easy and almost same exp as wq with a bit of rep on top.
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    umm idk others but i dont do fbs cus theyre are most bored and, come on, traveling to ether for 30k xp? no thx im way more lazy xD, the high lvls do less fb now cus theyre not as much xp as they were in our 60s
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i stopped doing random fbs long ago. the only fbs i've done has been for faction mates, and mostly only when im really bored, or they couldn't find a tank and i became somewhat needed.

i can tank up to 59 tho b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Cenminator - Dreamweaver
    Cenminator - Dreamweaver Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    its prolly better the low levels arent getting a high level to do all the work for them. Maybe people can do their FB's with people their level and actually learn a thing or two about dungeons. I think it would benefit everyone in the long run.
    sumtin like what i had to go threw ^^
    b202043474.jpg

i agree 100% i also think they should put a level cap on fb's so they have to get a squad close to their level. force them to learn to play b:victory
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I often find help over by the Head hunter. Many people will help with FBs if they need to go in for a Bounty Hunter quest anyway. I've gotten great squads of wonderful friendly people for both my FB 51 and my FB 59 this wayb:pleased
  • astelion
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I just find the pacing of PW a little weird. From 1-19 you can easily play the game by yourself, there is nothing that forces you to team with other people, but suddenly you get the fb19 and you are forced to find a party... and after that levels 20-29 can be done once again alone, until the fb29.

Some have suggested that new players should team up and finish the quest by themselves... but i wonder if that could really work. A balanced squad need a mix of races/classes, but i don't think that the same fb19 is shared by all the races (but i'm not sure about that).
    I think that the fb19 is particularly hard for new players.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I just find the pacing of PW a little weird. From 1-19 you can easily play the game by yourself, there is nothing that forces you to team with other people, but suddenly you get the fb19 and you are forced to find a party... and after that levels 20-29 can be done once again alone, until the fb29.

Some have suggested that new players should team up and finish the quest by themselves... but i wonder if that could really work. A balanced squad need a mix of races/classes, but i don't think that the same fb19 is shared by all the races (but i'm not sure about that).

I would tend say in my Original thread on this player would be fustrated enough to give up on the game and go back to something else.I couldn't imagine waiting around by dungeon for squad of my own lvl.What would humans do for a healer in the SS there is cleric imagine if there wasn't?

I would raise the amount of XP only for FBs done by higher lvls and give out more rep points.There is really no direction in dungeons.
    edited September 2009
    Options

That's sort of the idea, that's why you get the quests to go to the cities for the other races, so you can learn where they are, and go there to find some people willing to help you with your final battle, possibly in exchange for helping them with their own.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I run fbs less for two simple reasons - 1st Mostly I am in bh/rb when I get called for it, 2nd running couple bhs for friends daily makes you hate fbs at some points.
  • PandamoniumV - Sanctuary
    PandamoniumV - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    simplest way to get fbs done is fly over to the BH and say "looking for squad for tabbed fbXX, bonus exp for running your BH to add me ^^"

works so easy, people go hmmmm BH exp+fb exp woooo, the only thing is when you have fbs below the BH using ones. but thats what...just 19, thats a matter of 15 minutes for a high lvl, ask a faction member or random people. I always help people kill bosses, if you're on sanc feel free to see if I'm online. Odds are I'll help u, I even threw on a charm for a random person to take on lvl 60 boss for 59 culti that saw me outside BH for wyvern. Me and a archer took it down at the cost of about 30-40khp of my charm :( ty ToP tho. so just ask and a friendly panda nearby may help
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That's sort of the idea, that's why you get the quests to go to the cities for the other races, so you can learn where they are, and go there to find some people willing to help you with your final battle, possibly in exchange for helping them with their own.

The only problem with this is that it cost 1k to teleport to that main town and then you have to travel to the place where the fb is.The one I would say is the hardest is for humans followed by the untamed.We elfs just have to cross over the river.There is another problme is that you are so use to thinking solo minded here unlike higher squads that think about the squad as they have been doing lot of squads.

I even noticed at the mid lvls 20 to 40 that that is being going down.I don't see many forming squads on my alts around the Arch as they use to.