Guild Castles and TW Remake!

Options
Janda - Dreamweaver
Janda - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestion Box
This is a proposal wich i think is very good, i hope u like :)

My proposal is guild castles:

Every lvl 3 guild should have a headquarters, a place to call their own.
A guild castle is just the thing! To buy a guild castle u need 500 000 coins, you must be a leader of a faction, and your faction must be a lvl 3 one.

once u pay the price u will own ur own guild castle which will be available to hang out through the Guild castle administrator, u also visit her to buy a castle.

At guild castle administrator u can buy a lvl 1 castle wich is made of wood.
to access the castle speak to her and choose option Go to guild castle
THE OPTIONS THAT WILL BE OFFERED ARE THE FOLLOWING:
Buy a guild castle
Go to guild castle
Upgrade guild castle
Make a guild castle flag( u can customize it with chosen design and color)
( they will be placed on guild castle walls)
Buy guild castle structures and furniture

Upgrade guild castle option---> this can be done by the leader, it is purchasing a different model of the castle. First Model will be small castle fenced by large wooden fences. The second model will be a bit more protective( a better defense) larger, but still made of wood, will cost 2 million coins.
The third model Will be very Large, made of rock, and awesome defense and guild castle respect points.

GUILD CASTLE RESPECT Points-> the better the model of the castle, more the rep u deserve. Rep is for ranking up guild castles, comparing yours to those of other factions. the top 5 rank faction will be able to buy special furniture and weapons for the castle)

REMAKE OF TW!(territory war in case u dont know)

The TW will now be placed at guild castles. The attking faction will be attking the guild castle wich will be defended by other faction players and their catapults and other special weapons.

The aim will still be destroying the Crystal but this time u will have to break through the guild walls to get to it.

When a faction has a territory then the castle will be placed in that territory but in an instace(only accessable by faction members and opposing TW faction)

If a faction has more territories then they will choose in which territory the castle will be placed. That means that u can only battle at a castle if the castle is in the territory u are attking. Otherwise U will have a normal TW.

A Castle will feature Gates u can manually open and close, and a vault wich any guild member will be able to store their goods in.

When a player stores an item in the castle vault they can choose if other players can take it.

MORE TW REMAKE TALK!

when a faction is attking another factions castle they will have camps around the castle. when in camps the faction members will be in a safe zone from Castle mobs but the enemy faction can still destroy a camp. Every camp has a crystal, when a crystal is destroyed a camp burns too. when all the camps are destroyed the faction holding the castle wins!
The ordinary number of camps is four u get them by default when u start a tw at the castle. U can buy additional camps at the camp captain( there is one at every camp) The Default camps are larger then the ones u can buy.
U can also buy catapults and other Siege weapons at the camp captain, u can also buy Barricade which surround the camp( they only increase defense to the crystal but they can be destroyed.

CASTLE MOBS are monster that are allies with the faction members holding the castle. they are placed there by the faction. U can buy those mobs at the Monster deployment building, which u can buy at the Guild castle administrator. Mobs can attk the enemy faction but not when they are in camps ONLY PLAYERS CAN ATTK CAMPS.

To breach a Castle u must destroy its gates, WALLS CANNOT BE ATTACKED
there are FOUR main gates. only catapults can attk gates.

When a Faction destroyes the castle Crystal they capture the territory but the castle is still available like it has never been touched through the administrator.

I THINK THIS IS AN AWESOME SUGGESTION AND CAN GREATLY CHANGE THE GAME. I WOULD BE HONORED IF U PUT THIS IN YOUR NEW EXPANSION, THE RAISING TIDE.
Post edited by Janda - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Your changes to TW seem like they unfairly favor the defending (castle) faction. This group gets: Mobs, gates, and automatic weapons. The other team gets: Absolutely nothing without money. They can't even attack without buying the needed catapults. Sure they have more camps, but that's a minor comfort to them. Sorry, but if this is done, it'll be way more trouble than it's worth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Janda - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    true but to build that awesome castle it also takes money ALOT!
    if the holding faction doesnt invest a whole bunch of money which all the items cost, they SUCK! keep in mind that weapons that attking faction have are less expensive then the money that it takes to build a castle of that kind of arsenal
    and besides, there are special weapons available to the attkers that do more dmg then the other ones, and the attkrs can buy special demolitions scrolls that hold a spell that can help in taking down the gates(that spell can only be used by magic users)
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If a faction holds land, it usually has enough money to front a few mil easily enough to upgrade a castle (Not sure what things are like in Dreamweaver, but in Sanc, two factions in particular would immediately be able to do this with very little trouble). Also, where did you mention these destruction scrolls earlier? There was no mention of such a thing. In fact, by saying this is available, you contradict your earlier post:
    To breach a Castle u must destroy its gates, WALLS CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    there are FOUR main gates. only catapults can attk gates.

The special weapons available to attackers were also not mentioned. It's good your trying to improve the idea, but try not to make it sound like these features have always been there when they haven't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think this idea has some merit to it. Because the defending force should have a slight advantage. BUT there are some kinks that need to be worked out.

One thing is that I wouldn't charge the attackers to pay for any weapons or new camps. Set a cool down timer instead that increase depending on how many of said item you already have deployed. The attacking factions are already paying several mil to fight the defending territory, why make them pay more? This also discourage the defending faction from having drawn-out sieges because that only gives the attacker more time to get stronger.
    The way you have it set up, the defenders just have to make a one time payment and then sit in their castle, whereas the attacker has to fork over all the money EVERY time.

Also, no defending mobs, there's no logical reason to have them.

Thirdly, possibly make it where the attacking team can gain the castle as a reward at the end of the TW, but it reverts to a lvl 1 castle no matter what lvl it was before.

Just some suggestions i thought could make it better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KotaroX - Dreamweaver
    KotaroX - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    this would make TW a lot more like war was in the time period this game is based on. the idea just needs to be refined. there are some rough edges that need to be taken care of before the devs should even think about implementing this.
    95% of teens would freak out if the saw The Jonas Brothers on a 247 foot tall building about to jump. 5% get popcorn, a chair, and a video camera and yell Jump @#$&! jump!
  • Janda - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    thx for ur comments.

ur suggestions are great, ofc my idea need some fixing to it, but i only posted this thread so i could give an idea to the developers. I just thought of an idea and thought it was great but i knew there are things that make this idea suck a little but i just wanted to give the developers an idea so they could make something like this, and the other things that i personally added came to my mind while writing the suggestion in the first place. What i mean to say is that this thread was meant as something that would give an idea to do something awesome for the game but keeping in mind all the elements at the same time, which even if i didnt i think that the dev team could do very easily and make this idea come through