question about lvl 80 mag weapon

Falcioni - Lost City
Falcioni - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Cleric
obv im not a cleric so i dont kno ne thing about it but. my gf wanted to find out whats the best lvl 80 magic wep out there. aside from the warsoul weps. post ur opinions. thx ^^
Big Bad Wolf? mhm i think so b:angry
Post edited by Falcioni - Lost City on

Comments

• Lennson - Heavens Tear
    Lennson - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Typically a cleric needs hp and -chan the most so this is probably the best level 80 choice.

☆Endless Ambiguity

Magic Sword
    Close Range
    Grade 10
    Attack Range 3
    Physical attack 370-555
    Magical attack 673-822

Maximum Magic Attack +118
    Channelling -3%
    HP: +165

Str required 44
    Int required 240

Level Required: 80
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Nobody likes you, Falcioni.

I'm not sure if Hollyyy is LA or AA, but in my case (having vitality) I opted for Yaksa. Included within are three things which I highly value: phys res, magic attack, and some bonus crits. HP is nice and all, but it just doesn't belong on a weapon, because the weapon is almost the only slot we have devoted to straight up damage (the exception being rings, with +matk). The argument can also be made for phys res on a weapon, but on the other hand, as an arcane cleric it's harder to get 216 phys res than it is to get 165 more hp.

That'll be 4 Tough Shards of Golden Armor and 7 Forshura's Hooks for my trouble. Payment is due Tuesday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tifazero
    tifazero Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lol it's Hollyyy.....

Ive been seriously considering:
    ☆Acalanatha Wand: Sunflame
    Physical attack 324-396
    Magical attack 740-755
    Maximum Magic Attack +106
    Magic +12~13
    Vitality +12~13

You raise some really good points in that post terraa, i also beleive weapons arent an item to be throwing +hp and defense things onto... theres plenty of armour for that..which is why i want a highly offensive weapon. Anyway, because im LA i dont need the extra bonus crit in the Yaksa.

Oh and btw Terraa, i dont think the question was who likes my bf, it was actually asking you to provide information on the strongest lvl80 magic weapon... just thought id point that out, incase you're illiterate or something, i wouldnt wanna confuse the more.... challenged.... people now would I?
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited September 2009
    yaksa is a good weapon, but it fails at 90.

ambiguity is an all around good weapon, start to finish. every weapon in this tree is very well balanced offensively and defensively. you wont be hurt choosing anything from this line.

the hh80 gold wand isn't very special. it's good, but it's not worth the time/money/mats you have to give up for a level 80 weapon that's soulbound. i just looked at it and said "i'm not going to quit after 80". similar to yaksa, but you can at least sell that.

the quoit has the best offensive level 90 weapon, but the 80 version lacks. if you can farm this along side another weapon, it would be better off. but at 90, the quoit = the best weapon for anyone who plans to have a higher attack.
  • Gingerfoxx - Heavens Tear
    Gingerfoxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I use Endless Ambiguity and am really pleased with it.. Agree its the best lvl 80 for cleric. b:cute
  • Terraa - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    tifazero wrote: »
    Oh and btw Terraa, i dont think the question was who likes my bf, it was actually asking you to provide information on the strongest lvl80 magic weapon... just thought id point that out, incase you're illiterate or something, i wouldnt wanna confuse the more.... challenged.... people now would I?

I'm so glad you posted. I was just sitting here thinking "damn, I hope Falc replies to my obvious trolling so I can rip on Hollyyy a couple times to feel better about myself." Lo and behold, you actually appear: please, my dear otherwise Australians, don't take offense; I wouldn't want to be associated with this one, either.

Maybe you're unfamiliar with these parts, but on these forums we have a group of people called "men". You see, what these "men" do is hate on each other for no particular reason just because we can, and because we think it's funny. Your unlikable "bf" happens to be one of these "men", and as such, is subject to said hating. Now, normally I'm all for the independence of the group labeled "women", but I put forth an exception for you, because you clearly can't speak for yourself. I happen to like women, and I don't want you dirtying up their reputation. So get back in the kitchen where you won't be seen and make him a god damn sandwich.

Listen here chump, I answered his question. Not only did I answer it logically, unlike many people of the forum will (a small slathering of words describing their opinion of the best weapon, with no regard to your class, build, or play-style), I gave facts of opposing views, too. I stated logically my reasons for my weapon choice, and also wrote why I thought the other would make for a less viable option. And I did all this knowing full well that I was giving information that would be trickled down to a terrible cleric such as yourself. You know, most clerics that suck at healing at least shun towards the "I'm a FAC!" camp, but you managed to do neither: you suck at everything clerics can do. I laughed every time I heard CUTaBEACH complain when Falc invited you to the squad to heal, because it gave me the opportunity to remind him that I was right, and that you had no business healing while you were camming someone on MSN, because as it turns out, clerics are required to pay attention to succeed in this game. Congratulations! You're mediocre.

You know what I find most funny about this?
    Terraa wrote:
    Nobody likes you, Falcioni.

This is just like the universal "man nod", which I had to explain to a lady just yesterday, is the nod shared between men when a thanks is required, but unnecessary to say aloud. Allowing another car to go before you at a stop sign, where he may otherwise need to wait several more minutes to pass through if you don't let him through is a nice thing to do, and deserves the "man nod" from the waited car's driver. This was just another necessity of life: the casual insult. Were Law to come by and read it, one of two reactions will occur. Either he'll get offended like a tool, or he'll skim over it, write out a 6-word-or-less retort, and be done with it. May I introduce you to Christopher Titus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLzRzzrjXrs

Oh, and your "bf" has a wife. You don't measure up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    Goldymarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I use Endless Ambiguity and am really pleased with it.. Agree its the best lvl 80 for cleric. b:cute

Seconded. I've had no regrets using the weapon.
    The Internet is indeed serious business . . . b:lipcurl
    QQ moar
  • Krolic - Lost City
    Krolic - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hahaha, 10/10 Terraa for my second favourite cleric <3

Sunflame = my 2c
    I can see what you see not.
  • Hollyyy - Lost City
    Hollyyy - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Now, normally I'm all for the independence of the group labeled "women", but I put forth an exception for you, because you clearly can't speak for yourself. I happen to like women, and I don't want you dirtying up their reputation. So get back in the kitchen where you won't be seen and make him a god damn sandwich.
    LOL what is that trash even supposed to mean? and as if id make someone a sandwhich.. who the hell is that cheap lmaoo
    You know, most clerics that suck at healing at least shun towards the "I'm a FAC!" camp, but you managed to do neither: you suck at everything clerics can do. I laughed every time I heard CUTaBEACH complain when Falc invited you to the squad to heal, because it gave me the opportunity to remind him that I was right, and that you had no business healing while you were camming someone on MSN, because as it turns out, clerics are required to pay attention to succeed in this game. Congratulations! You're mediocre.
    ohh.. .. im sooo so sorry terraa, really; I wasnt aware you dictated how i played MY character.

Just another thing to that little ..whatever it was supposed to be ( you arent good at insulting) i dont even have a webcam anymore, why is a different story, and id think twice about assuming such things. But heyy.. then again i wish i could cam with him ;D

Fyi you little flea, he HAD a wife, and that whole thing is old news. So perhaps you AND ur inaccurate facts dont measure up.

Im not sure what you have against me, or why you came out of nowhere attacking me for no reason, but what i do know, is that you've written half a page of garbage that proves nothing except that you have no life and nothing better to do than do than sit here and write **** about people in order, to as you said, make your insignificantly small bread crumb self look big. *flicks off my thumb*

Get a life. Topic closed. Thankyou to those people that had something genuinely constructive to say.
  • Terraa - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    lol

Sorry, I don't understand you, I'm not really into pokemon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krolic - Lost City
    Krolic - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Get a life. Topic closed. Thankyou to those people that had something genuinely constructive to say.

You can't close a topic unless you're a forum moderator.
    Also, Terraa offered the most genuine and constructive information for the question that was asked by the OP.
    I can see what you see not.
  • Gildorn - Dreamweaver
    Gildorn - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yea don't close it :/ Haven't decided yet between Yaksa and Endless Ambiguity ;/ As for damage, is there a huge difference in magic damage between Yaksas +12-13 magic and Ambiguity's +118 maximum magic attack? I don't want my min damage to drop after using Acalanatha Wand +3 :(
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited September 2009
    I'm so glad you posted. I was just sitting here thinking "damn, I hope Falc replies to my obvious trolling so I can rip on Hollyyy a couple times to feel better about myself." Lo and behold, you actually appear: please, my dear otherwise Australians, don't take offense; I wouldn't want to be associated with this one, either.

Maybe you're unfamiliar with these parts, but on these forums we have a group of people called "men". You see, what these "men" do is hate on each other for no particular reason just because we can, and because we think it's funny. Your unlikable "bf" happens to be one of these "men", and as such, is subject to said hating. Now, normally I'm all for the independence of the group labeled "women", but I put forth an exception for you, because you clearly can't speak for yourself. I happen to like women, and I don't want you dirtying up their reputation. So get back in the kitchen where you won't be seen and make him a god damn sandwich.

Listen here chump, I answered his question. Not only did I answer it logically, unlike many people of the forum will (a small slathering of words describing their opinion of the best weapon, with no regard to your class, build, or play-style), I gave facts of opposing views, too. I stated logically my reasons for my weapon choice, and also wrote why I thought the other would make for a less viable option. And I did all this knowing full well that I was giving information that would be trickled down to a terrible cleric such as yourself. You know, most clerics that suck at healing at least shun towards the "I'm a FAC!" camp, but you managed to do neither: you suck at everything clerics can do. I laughed every time I heard CUTaBEACH complain when Falc invited you to the squad to heal, because it gave me the opportunity to remind him that I was right, and that you had no business healing while you were camming someone on MSN, because as it turns out, clerics are required to pay attention to succeed in this game. Congratulations! You're mediocre.

You know what I find most funny about this?

This is just like the universal "man nod", which I had to explain to a lady just yesterday, is the nod shared between men when a thanks is required, but unnecessary to say aloud. Allowing another car to go before you at a stop sign, where he may otherwise need to wait several more minutes to pass through if you don't let him through is a nice thing to do, and deserves the "man nod" from the waited car's driver. This was just another necessity of life: the casual insult. Were Law to come by and read it, one of two reactions will occur. Either he'll get offended like a tool, or he'll skim over it, write out a 6-word-or-less retort, and be done with it. May I introduce you to Christopher Titus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLzRzzrjXrs

i lol'd so ****ing hard

i love you <3
  • Hollyyy - Lost City
    Hollyyy - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    im glad you all find urselves amusing. Because tbh, i do too.

"You can't close a topic unless you're a forum moderator.
    Also, Terraa offered the most genuine and constructive information for the question that was asked by the OP."

what i meant was, dear desperado, that me and falc wont be reading it anymore. Goodbye.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    sorry.. I had to bump this.

This thread is so full of winb:thanks

inbe4rose o_o
  • Miss_Jevith - Dreamweaver
    Miss_Jevith - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well guys here between us i think youre all wrong b:chuckle. I like Wheel of Life:
    Matt=740-755
    Matt +70; Vit= +12 - +13; Dex= +12 - +13
    Maybe not the best weapon for lvl 80 magic user, but see it at the long run...
    If you follow this way you get one of the best weapons in my point of view...
    Fate Denial: Goodspeed (gold Weapon):
    Matt=739-1108
    Mag=+16 - +17; Vit= +16 - +17; Channeling= -6%
    Four thing about this weapon
    1) Pretty good magic improvement
    2) 160 - 170 HOP more
    3) Channeling -6%... wtf this thing rocks and more when you follow demon path b:dirtyb:laugh
    4) And most important... Mats for doing this are cheaper b:victory
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well guys here between us i think youre all wrong b:chuckle. I like Wheel of Life:
    Matt=740-755
    Matt=739-1108
    2) 160 - 170 HOP more
    3) Channeling -6%... wtf this thing rocks and more when you follow demon path b:dirtyb:laugh
    4) And most important... Mats for doing this are cheaper b:victory

nice necro
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well guys here between us i think youre all wrong. I like Wheel of Life:
    Matt=740-755
    Matt=739-1108
    2) 160 - 170 HOP more
    3) Channeling -6%... wtf this thing rocks and more when you follow demon path
    4) And most important... Mats for doing this are cheaper

I think that when u make a 80 weapon u at least think to 90, not to 99, cause even if u will ever reach 99 and u will ever do a hh99, your hh90 will be bound at that time.

Then, wheel of life is a great choice because of wheel of denied fate, that's imo the best hh90 weap.

For purely talk about lvl 80 weap, my graduatory would be:

Sakra (hh80 gold) > Yaksa > Wheel of Life > Endless Ambiguity > Glaives of Divinity (mold 79 weap).

Endless dont really have anything good. It only increases max.m.atk and 3% channelling is nothing unless u stack it throgh gears. And stacking in 80s means use crappy elemental belt and necklace that have -chann in blue stat. And that is a epic fail.

Sakra has a cool 2% m.atk and a +70 that makes it very valuable, while Yaksa, 1% crt and +200 and over p.def, that makes it good as 4 immaculate garnets in your armor... and still +mag. Very good imo, and undervaluted because hh90 relative weapon is **** b:victory

Necro ftw btw