Eldergoth Marksman still ranged?

_Kawaii_ - Harshlands
_Kawaii_ - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Venomancer
This may be a stupid post but I had heard that the Eldergoth Marksman had a ranged attack, but upon taming it seems to not be attacking from range.

Am I doing something wrong?
Post edited by _Kawaii_ - Harshlands on

Comments

• Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You have to turn off it's skills for it to use a ranged attack. Right click the skill with a yellow box around it to turn off the auto-skill thingamabob.

Edit: Unless they actually did remove the marksman's ranged attack.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Still ranged. You have it auto using a skill (most likely bash). Since bash has a much shorter range than the range attack, it closes the gap so that it can use bash. Any skill the pet uses on another mob will cause it to run up and close whatever gap it has.
  • _Kawaii_ - Harshlands
    _Kawaii_ - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thx guys. But it seems to always have 1 skill with the yellow boarder.

Witch one should have it?
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    None of the skills should have a yellow box around it. To the best of my (rather limited) knowledge, all skills are melee which will make the marksman run up towards the mob. Right click whichever skill has the yellow box to take it off auto-use.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • iceknave
    iceknave Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    A way to test to see if it is indeed using the ranged attack is to head south of Arch and fight the level 30 ish spiders (pretty much any of the spiders there are fine, all of them are wood element).

If the Eldergoth is attacking with his ranged attack, the spiders will attack with a ranged wood based DoT (hence, great for clerics to grind on if they want to grind since a cleric can just stay at range, attack with Cyclone and Plume Shot and use Purify after the monster is dead). If, however, the Eldergoth is attacking with a melee nonranged attack, the spiders will attack with melee attacks. Do this a few times and it'll give you a better feel for it.
    Induction ID (Doomsbog): 3080068X031808024008351Z3f4d22
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thx guys. But it seems to always have 1 skill with the yellow boarder.

Witch one should have it?

The skill in slot #1 always has the border around it when you first summon the pet. Just right click it to remove the border or right click another skill to move the autocast skill to it. However for range fighting, you don't want any on autocast.