IAttack - Heavens Tear
IAttack - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Barbarian
Ok so i have a barb main...and top is sooooo nice. but now i have a cleric with like 1/9999999th the life and every cleric is like OMG TOP IS A MUST CUZ IT GIVES YOU AN ENTIRE 500 HP OVER 6 SECONDS ISNT THAT AWWWWWWWWSUM

and i just sit there like ........................................ no.

anyone else do this on their alts? i dont even plan on getting it for my cleric tbh...
Post edited by IAttack - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Joe__Biden - Sanctuary
    Joe__Biden - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i get ToP on every character i have. it's just a nice safety net.
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I only have it on characters who dont have an HP charm.. (it makes it tick everytime i use it, so why bother when the charm heals ..)

But I must admit, on a cleric its not really necessary when wellspring surge will just do the same.
  • Balint - Dreamweaver
    Balint - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have ToP on every character as well. It's a nice backup when you're close to dying, a hell of a lot better than pots.

Thing is, it's a hell of a lot more useful for barbs... and not for recovering lost HP... ToP + Armageddon = yay.
    Level 10 ToP gives 60% more HP, so that's 30% more arma damage. It's great.
  • Werebeasts - Sanctuary
    Werebeasts - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lol i always go tanking with it if the cleric dicides to be dumb
  • DeathFury - Harshlands
    DeathFury - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ToP is useful because when I tank at my friend's fb19 (he's a cleric with mp charm) i use ToP always because his ironheart blessing is only lvl 1 and he's not using blessing of purehearted and wellspring surge at that time, so my barb didnt get much hp, so i always use ToP and i always lvl up ToP!!
  • Kimmahri - Harshlands
    Kimmahri - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    for a cleric,wizard and maybe archer you better stick with essence penetration. you learn it sooner than ToP, maxed it sooner, and will restore more HP than ToP(remember ToP works with percentages, if your max Hp isnt high to begin with it will restore just 500-700 hp over 6 seconds). Essence penetration lvl 9 restores 730 HP +2% for every genie str point. 50 points(easy to get) will net a 1460 instant recovery.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ToP is a pretty cool skill...not just for Armageddon either. I do alot of solo grinding and it's a nice safety net (as was mentioned earlier) as well as a way of saving my charm, combined with pots, apothecary items and the occasional cleric buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    just sucks that they killed the heal it provides - which was what I use(d) on my veno to help restore MANA when metabolic and natures grace were still on cool down. IE.. full HP bar -> soul transfusion -> ToP = same effect as Nature's Grace -> soul transfusion -> metabolic boost.

now instead of healing 20% or w/e it used to be every 3 second for 6 seconds, it only heals 2% every 3 seconds for 6 seconds. I dont look at the increase HP aspect of it so much as I do the heal. the temporary HP buff it gives is really only useful if I have to solo an elite mob/mini boss that is a few levels higher than me. what I do look at is the fact that every 8 genie dex points adds 1% HP to the effect. Currently with 42 dex points in my genie - thats 5% extra HP restored. Not sure really whether it is 5% per tick (assuming only 2 ticks, though can appear to be three since the HP buff cools down right before the second tick), or 5% overall. so this translates out to (what I'm guessing) would be 14% HP restored over 6 seconds. while in true form with beast kings inspiration, I have currently ~3583 HP. 14% of said HP would be ~502 HP restored over 6 seconds. Havent seen the next level of ToP yet, but I surely do hope that the 2% per tick base amount goes up. A shorter cool down on it would nice though b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Havent seen the next level of ToP yet, but I surely do hope that the 2% per tick base amount goes up.
    It does. At higher levels ToP heals pretty much just as much as it did before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ^ thanks. and as an update to the following..
    Currently with 42 dex points in my genie - thats 5% extra HP restored. Not sure really whether it is 5% per tick (assuming only 2 ticks, though can appear to be three since the HP buff cools down right before the second tick), or 5% overall. so this translates out to (what I'm guessing) would be 14% HP restored over 6 seconds. while in true form with beast kings inspiration, I have currently ~3583 HP. 14% of said HP would be ~502 HP restored over 6 seconds. Havent seen the next level of ToP yet, but I surely do hope that the 2% per tick base amount goes up. A shorter cool down on it would nice though b:laugh

I did a test just now when my HP was 2400 by hitting ToP, when the effect wore off, I had a little bit over 3100 HP (~700 HP healed). I regen 20 HP per second, so in 6 seconds that is 120 HP.. 700 - 120 = 580, so right around what I was expecting the effect to be. A faction mate of mine tauts essence penetration and tai chi to be superior to ToP in terms of healing, but I'm not sold yet. perhaps in lower levels they may be, but with ToP's % base rather than number base, plus increase from dex points, alongside an ever expanding HP pool from which to calculate - ToP will no doubt come out superior in the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..