Thank you PWI for a good time

Options
Unconquered - Lost City
Unconquered - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
First of all, I'm a genuine dedicated player, not some lvl 30 that thinks he has room to talk...but..

What happened?
thanks for the mount by the way, it was a pleasant surprise, but what in the world did you do to the game? and what did you honestly think would happen? Is there no department there that questions moves like these?

I played this game for a year because it was arguably the best f2p game to date. You guys were loyal to your costumers, played your cards right and maintained a pretty stable economy. This game was awesome, I can literally say that at the time I would play a good 5-8 hours a day. You might be thinking this guy's a freak, but truth be told, I know of at least 30-50 people that would literally roll out of bed and play PWI. Anyone that is lv99+ can attest to knowing people like this.

Now, all I can do is laugh. I patched my client after going on vacation for a month and a half and log in to see warsoul items (lol 2% crit boots???), 500k/gold prices, and only 2 people online on my friends list. They all apparently quit hahaha.

I can only imagine PW did this to leach off the last amount of money possible before another game's launch date? Who knows, but good luck to Perfect World Entertainment, I hope you guys can pick yourselves up after this. What a huge blow to the face.....

This is completely unfair to the people that would grind over 5 hours a day, would slave away in instances for hours a day for MONTHS, and would seriously treat pwi like it was their second job. I at least had the pleasure of enjoying this game for a year, I feel so bad for new players.

Once again, I'd like to say thanks for bringing the game to the US, it was fun while it lasted.b:bye
Post edited by Unconquered - Lost City on

Comments

• TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    take care (ex) untamed brother <_<

something similar happened to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Which game are you moving to? Nvm, I gotta a good idea.b:chuckle

Yeah, a lot of people have been quiting for a certain other game that shall not be named. Personally, I'm not a hardcore player like you, but still considering quitting, due to a lot of friends leaving after the anniversary packs. There are still a lot of people remaining on my friend list though. If this is a single wave of quittings, I'll stay, if the remaining ppl leave too after the initial wave, I'll probably follow them to the other game.

In any case, good luck and take care. I might see you later at a different place, depending on circumstances.b:bye
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This post will get trolled then locked.

But yea i agree with you completely.

The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    mothergoose advertising another game is against the forum rules. you know what's going to happen.... so I guess advertising another forum or trying public chat rooms/IRC to gather people and talk is better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    First of all, I'm a genuine dedicated player, not some lvl 30 that thinks he has room to talk...but..

What happened?
    thanks for the mount by the way, it was a pleasant surprise, but what in the world did you do to the game? and what did you honestly think would happen? Is there no department there that questions moves like these?

I played this game for a year because it was arguably the best f2p game to date. You guys were loyal to your costumers, played your cards right and maintained a pretty stable economy. This game was awesome, I can literally say that at the time I would play a good 5-8 hours a day. You might be thinking this guy's a freak, but truth be told, I know of at least 30-50 people that would literally roll out of bed and play PWI. Anyone that is lv99+ can attest to knowing people like this.

Now, all I can do is laugh. I patched my client after going on vacation for a month and a half and log in to see warsoul items (lol 2% crit boots???), 500k/gold prices, and only 2 people online on my friends list. They all apparently quit hahaha.

I can only imagine PW did this to leach off the last amount of money possible before another game's launch date? Who knows, but good luck to Perfect World Entertainment, I hope you guys can pick yourselves up after this. What a huge blow to the face.....

This is completely unfair to the people that would grind over 5 hours a day, would slave away in instances for hours a day for MONTHS, and would seriously treat pwi like it was their second job. I at least had the pleasure of enjoying this game for a year, I feel so bad for new players.

Once again, I'd like to say thanks for bringing the game to the US, it was fun while it lasted.b:bye

QFT man. PWI used to be the greatest f2p ever. I just downloaded an open beta mmorpg, god the graphics burned my eyes and everything was set at max. PWI had good graphics for a f2p but, in the end, greed took over and one patch ruined the game.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    too bad

in b4 wannabe mods, suck ups, kiss asses, trolls, and lock

edit: too late
  • narc0tix
    narc0tix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have friends like this ( i am like this too xD) and we all really enjoyed the game. Now most of them have quit and im afraid if this sale is really a month long im gone too. Take it easy and ill most likely see you at the game that shall not be mentioned ;D
    Nova - Marksman / Bard
  • Singsung - Sanctuary
    Singsung - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    QFT man. PWI used to be the greatest f2p ever. I just downloaded an open beta mmorpg, god the graphics burned my eyes and everything was set at max. PWI had good graphics for a f2p but, in the end, greed took over and one patch ruined the game.

read your forum mailbox.
  • malator
    malator Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    read your forum mailbox.

O.o

soooooooooooooooooooooo

what next?

i dont think ima go to the [censored] game lulz
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Gluck man, i've also known people who were dedicated like that, was trying to make a comeback to this game myself but it really is past the breaking point... Think the funny thing is most of us are headed to the same place.
  • malator
    malator Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Gluck man, i've also known people who were dedicated like that, was trying to make a comeback to this game myself but it really is past the breaking point... Think the funny thing is most of us are headed to the same place.

not unless ya pay my fee b:sad
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This is depressing...I'm staying for a while longer, but I'll see what happens. This game's still fun though, i still have friends, I still have loyalty to my guild. I'd been searching for about two years for this game...MY game, the one game I could really get into. Granted, I'm a pretty pathetic level for having played so long, but this is still the best f2p I've ever played. Made my best e-friend of my life here. I've laughed, I've cried, I've felt the sting of betrayal and the warmth of comradery. I don't know how long this will last, but hopefully this cut of PWI's player base will uncover their eyes to what a REAL MMO should be. ANd there's also the Tideborn. They'll have very, very little end-game gears, as I doubt many will have enough extras to send to them. Just an idea, but maybe this was sort of a "going out with a bang"? Eventually, PWI will regain enough players to dilute the CSers from this event, and the new race should pump toons to help this reasonably fast. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, this is PWI's greed going out with a bang, and they'll get back to the good old days after this? Doubtful, but I'm still holding out that this will show them the error of their ways.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Take care man, this game really did make a mistake.

A lot of people are gonna play the overhyped game for 2 months and come back to this game because it isn't what they we're looking for. It's a good game and I know I'll be playing past 2 months (i have already been playing for 2 on the chinese version ;p) but I don't see everyone that says they are leaving for it actually quitting or sticking with the game.

That was my view before the patch but now I'm not too sure what's going to happen. I hope I will get to see a lot of you later on because at the start and mid parts of this game the community was actually really fun. It was probably the only thing keeping me playing after 9x. Then the pvp became cash shop heavy and now it's not only tipped the scale, it broke it. b:bye
  • __oOo__ - Heavens Tear
    __oOo__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle I don't bother to log on anymore. All the hard works and countless hours farming in TT/Lunar are kind of worthless now. Before the patch, I was so wanting to reach lvl99 (which I could make it in 3-4 Rebirth Delta runs), and also arranged party for TT3-2/ 3-3 for my gold weapon. But now, I don't think it's worth my time or could be a bit silly to do those things *rolls eyes*.

Well, it's a game after all. I play for fun, but since it's not enjoyable and interested to me anymore. Then I'd just say goodbye to friends b:cuteb:bye and have fun whether you're staying or going elsewhere b:victory.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This is depressing...I'm staying for a while longer, but I'll see what happens. This game's still fun though, i still have friends, I still have loyalty to my guild. I'd been searching for about two years for this game...MY game, the one game I could really get into. Granted, I'm a pretty pathetic level for having played so long, but this is still the best f2p I've ever played. Made my best e-friend of my life here. I've laughed, I've cried, I've felt the sting of betrayal and the warmth of comradery. I don't know how long this will last, but hopefully this cut of PWI's player base will uncover their eyes to what a REAL MMO should be. ANd there's also the Tideborn. They'll have very, very little end-game gears, as I doubt many will have enough extras to send to them. Just an idea, but maybe this was sort of a "going out with a bang"? Eventually, PWI will regain enough players to dilute the CSers from this event, and the new race should pump toons to help this reasonably fast. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, this is PWI's greed going out with a bang, and they'll get back to the good old days after this? Doubtful, but I'm still holding out that this will show them the error of their ways.

I am with you honestly...I think it is sad to see the older players betrayed in regards to the gears and do feel it is wrong but I am not giving up on PWI just yet. It is the first MMO that had a race I cared about at all and it is generally an amazing game. I too hope they can salvage the situation and make everything work out in the end. If we lose a bunch of people then I guess it means less lag and WC spam for a little while. Some will be back though as is always the case.

Honestly, people make mistakes and corporations are just groups of people. It seems to me that they just did not foresee this consequence...It is understandable for creators not to see how little things can change the way their game is played drastically. I just hope they can learn from the mistake and do something to rectify it.

I feel bad for the GM's right now...They are in the toughest spot during this storm of rage. The Devs are the ones who make things like these packs possible and I do not believe the GM's can really do anything about it. So now they are in the spot of seeing a tragedy unfold but being helpless to stop it themselves.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Id rather play a game grind 5rs a day for months than work for months b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Sorry to see you leave. Quitting threads inevitably lead to flames and trolls, so I'm closing this thread now.
This discussion has been closed.