Is a Badge of Bravery basically worthless?

Options
WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
So I got one of these things, and normally it ought to be a small piece of a potentially kick-butt weapon, but since PWI doesn't have any way to get the other pieces you need, it's pretty much useless, right?

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/7097
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
Post edited by WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    wrong. all badges are available in game already. thats not the big problem... getting to max rank is lol.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    wrong. all badges are available in game already. thats not the big problem... getting to max rank is lol.

Not really max rank.

Weapons of sage = 35k rep (rank 6) and lvl 90 prereq.
  • malator
    malator Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Not really max rank.

Weapons of sage = 35k rep (rank 6) and lvl 90 prereq.

b:sad miss ya :3
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    malator wrote: »
    b:sad miss ya :3

:o

*waves*
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ah, I see, thanks. So it's not impossible to use, it's just freakishly difficult. b:chuckle

I guess that's much better than worthless, but now I have no idea what I should do with it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    sell it. rank 6 is worthless to tanks. only the xbow and magic sword is worth the time/effort put into getting it.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    They were already available and that weapon would have been a nice sign of achievement for the first person to grind out 35k rep but now you will see tons because 35k rep is like 800$ and -10casting is amazing and a lot cheaper than 8jun.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    They were already available and that weapon would have been a nice sign of achievement for the first person to grind out 35k rep but now you will see tons because 35k rep is like 800$ and -10casting is amazing and a lot cheaper than 8jun.

You realize rep was sold before this event right? Prior to the event, sell 1 gold for 200k, that's 80% of a wraith badge, so 20 rep for $1. With the event going, badges are 150-200k depending on the server, and 400-500k gold, so lets say 2.57 badges for $1, all they did was improve the ratio from 5 cents per rep to 1.6 cents per rep.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You realize rep was sold before this event right? Prior to the event, sell 1 gold for 200k, that's 80% of a wraith badge, so 20 rep for $1. With the event going, badges are 150-200k depending on the server, and 400-500k gold, so lets say 2.57 badges for $1, all they did was improve the ratio from 5 cents per rep to 1.6 cents per rep.

The amount available is also far higher. Before, at least on days without frequent wraith events, there are only a handful of badges available in AH, at any price. So even if you buy out AH, it will still take a while to store up the rep.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Badges of strength are only available from the Arena, which is not working. At least that's the only way I know that you might be able to acquire them.

So I'm pretty sure not all badges are available yet.

The amount available is also far higher. Before, at least on days without frequent wraith events, there are only a handful of badges available in AH, at any price. So even if you buy out AH, it will still take a while to store up the rep.

No, you can trade Tokens of Luck for dog tags now.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    badges of strength come from abominations also.

abominations has 3 of the badges

daily race

dragon temple

cube of fate

dragon quest
  • marianioana
    marianioana Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Guis, hi! Im a beginner in Perfect Wolrld. And my bigges wish in perfect world, is to be a fox. And if i want to do that, i need to finnish a quest i thing and its called: "spirtual cultivation" and i finneshed a few quests. but now i need to collect badges of bravery. Were can i find these things? And by the way, im at level 9. I couth be a fox right now, but i did not fineshed the quest. please tell me. PLEASE HELP!!!!
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Guis, hi! Im a beginner in Perfect Wolrld. And my bigges wish in perfect world, is to be a fox. And if i want to do that, i need to finnish a quest i thing and its called: "spirtual cultivation" and i finneshed a few quests. but now i need to collect badges of bravery. Were can i find these things? And by the way, im at level 9. I couth be a fox right now, but i did not fineshed the quest. please tell me. PLEASE HELP!!!!

1) necro
    2) derailing
    3) ignore that quest for badges
    you only purge once #yopo
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    The potato-headed panda is almost right. That quest for badges should be trashed, not ignored. There are only two situations in which there's any point to taking those quests in the first place, and in both those cases you'll know what you're doing ahead of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • marianioana
    edited July 2012
    Options
    THANK YOU GUYS! Ill try to do it, but if its not working, ill type again. sorry if im bothering you! But thanks for telling me what to do. b:laugh
  • marianioana
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Hello again! Sorry if im disturbing you but, i trashed (ignored) that quest. But i still have a little problem. I still have the quest for my pet but i dont have inuff bag slots. What are these thing, and were can i find theme?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I suggest looking through http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=136781 for future quest advice.

Right now your best bet is to go through http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=36221 and follow through it to find where you are and what you need to do.
  • _Icefire_ - Lost City
    _Icefire_ - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Hello again! Sorry if im disturbing you but, i trashed (ignored) that quest. But i still have a little problem. I still have the quest for my pet but i dont have inuff bag slots. What are these thing, and were can i find theme?

Your inventory has square slots, those are your "bag slots". Just sell some items and you should be able to continue.
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Your inventory has square slots, those are your "bag slots". Just sell some items and you should be able to continue.

It could also refer to pet bag slots, where pets go to after you hatch the pet egg. ("p" key.) There's a maximum of 10 of those, but by default only one (for venos, two) of them are unlocked and available.

To unlock more pet bag slots, you can either (1) buy cash shop items (pet cages) and take them to the pet manager NPC, or (2) complete quests for the pet skills trainer to unlock the first five slots total. The last five slots, you need to cash shop for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • marianioana
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Yea but i dont have pet yet!
  • marianioana
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Yea but i dont have a pet yet, im an beginner!
  • marianioana
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Sorry for typing that 2 times!
    edited July 2012
    Options
    You can click on "edit" by your own posts, and delete them from there.

If you don't have any pets yet, then most likely Icefire is right and it's your inventory that's full. Bank something, or sell something.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Yummy necro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Yummy necro

Eh, we have a noob with genuine questions getting decent advice. What does it matter the datestamp on the first post, really?
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Eh, we have a noob with genuine questions getting decent advice. What does it matter the datestamp on the first post, really?

If the noob is smart enough to ask questions then the noob should be smart enough to post a new thread with his questions. And if he is of average intelligence he should be able to use the SEARCH function and find his answers spelled out everywhich way from Sunday in a dozen different guides.

Oh and the date stamp on the first post doesn't matter its the stamp on when it stopped being active and the difference in time between then and the more recent posts, if it was always an active thread it wouldn't be a necro, but here we have a 3 year necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    edited July 2012
    Options
    It didn't occur to you that the noob had to have used the search function in order to FIND a three years dead thread? If s/he didn't find an answer in that search, that's another matter, but threads this old don't usually pop up on page number one.

(And no, I don't care how long the thread's been inactive either. Is the thread doing any good or not? Lacking an answer to that question, the rigid 30-day necro rule is arbitrary and pointless.)
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I don't care if he is a noob or not,posting such question in such a different topic thread(aside from how the heck he got in a 3 years gold thread) just means being seriously stupid,and yay,we need more players like this. \\sadness
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • marianioana
    edited July 2012
    Options
    b:angry GUYS! SORRY IM INTEROPTING YOU BUT I AM KIND OF MAD. BUT THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME WHAT TO BO I DID THAT ONLY TO BE A FOX!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT I STILL CANNOT BE ONE! IM AT LEVEL 9!!! WERE CAN I BUY THAT SKILL OR HOW CAN I GET IT??? PLEASE TELL ME! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • morrend
    morrend Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    this thread is giving me a headache b:puzzled
    I am the glass cannon
This discussion has been closed.