Fill Me In?

TheTot - Heavens Tear
TheTot - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Alright mates, bet you guys don't recognize me but the fact is I played PWI since Beta. I quit around January. Me and my friend have been talking about it a lot lately, and we just decided to redownload the game.

It's been about seven months since we've played. Fill us in on what we've missed.
Post edited by TheTot - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• UberGod - Heavens Tear
    UberGod - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    yes indeed what have we missed in our away period
    Lawlo-Director
    lawlocaust website--->http://www.lawlocaust.net<---
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    a bgi expansion called teh age of spirit....in this expansion a new add came to pwi GENIES use the search option for it ^^

u also acquire a "gift" in ur starting town called the suply stash which provides u with usefull items ewery 5 lvls howewer u must use a perfect iron hamer at lvl 50 and 80(5 gold)

the curent economy in pwi isnt exactly what i would call "screwed" but it definetly isnt the best lol......1 gold is like 500k......b:victory

also theres a new expansion coming with new races and classesb:dirty

those are teh big things but there are also new wings etc. etc.....
    EDIT:btw ur forum avatars arent showing cuz u didnt log into the game so long(probably) so idk ur race and clas ^^
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    PWI's economy never really was friendly, in my honest opinion. At least not in Heaven's Tear. Mats always cost a bajillion, and everyone made fortunes off megaphones.

How much are megaphones now? When we quit, they were about 10k each. That will help me compare the economy.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    PWI's economy never really was friendly, in my honest opinion. At least not in Heaven's Tear. Mats always cost a bajillion, and everyone made fortunes off megaphones.

How much are megaphones now? When we quit, they were about 10k each. That will help me compare the economy.

if u mean world chat thingies theyre about 20kb:chuckle

also theres a lot of QQing on the forums (as u can see lol)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Never was much of a forum person, anyway, as you can see from my count. 10k -> 20k isn't TOO bad. I'll find a way to manage.

Anyway, thanks. Are there any other BIG things we should be caught up on?

We're both in the 4x's. So anything pertaining around our level or anything new coming up would be nice.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    On the plus side; A couple of new servers, some new content, mounts, items... in between a new daily that requires you to kill an fb boss and rebirth having been worked out the leveling rythm has certainly improved, we've all got this anoying pseudofairy pet called a genie that's actually pretty handy and a new race with it's two classes has just been anounced as coming soon. Oh, and you'll probably be getting a new mount if you were in CB.

The bad; Economy's completely down the tube, Uber gear, xp and even stats can now be gotten through the CS and pvp's pretty much dead. Prepare to get pwned by noobs... Actually things are so bad i decided to quit a couple of weeks ago, just trolling the forums for a while...

Edit; wow, people sure do answer fast in this forums...
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Never was much of a forum person, anyway, as you can see from my count. 10k -> 20k isn't TOO bad. I'll find a way to manage.

Anyway, thanks. Are there any other BIG things we should be caught up on?

We're both in the 4x's. So anything pertaining around our level or anything new coming up would be nice.

yes um theres also this equipment shater thing example when u die theres a slim option of ur equips shatering ( it drops into chi stones and its value is 0 it becomes usekless) but u can repair that.....with the exact amount of chi stones it droped (example it drops like 2 mirages u cna fix it with 2 mirages) but thsi only aplies to pvp

charms are expensive as hell from what i heard like 1 mil each ><

but i maynly dont play cuz of duke shouting all of the time lol(new boutique thing which can give u popie or masive items(lunar glade which takes a few months to farm))

there is nothing that disables u from playingb:victory

b:surrenderonly the economy is poopie if u cna manage that u can win lol

example gold is like....500k each and TT prices went down...(duno why lol it should be the oposite)

EDIT: in short teh above post....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    The bad; Economy's completely down the tube, Uber gear, xp and even stats can now be gotten through the CS and pvp's pretty much dead. Prepare to get pwned by noobs...

Luckily I don't do PvP. I'm a PvE player.

I did always feel like the Item Mall in this game was too over-powering, in my opinion.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009

I did always feel like the Item Mall in this game was too over-powering, in my opinion.

lol yes but were almost at the point where pots are cheaper T.T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009

Back in january? Dude, one of the things that i loved the most about this game was how well balanced its CS system used to be.
    If you thought it was overpowering back then you really are in for a shock.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Back in january? Dude, one of the things that i loved the most about this game was how well balanced its CS system used to be.

indeed........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ditto.
    /10char
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    oh yea....nix stil the same......cleric M.Def buff stil doesnt work properly(time)...and a lot of ppl quited(arch is eptier ^_^.....seriosuly checked yesterday lol)....lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009

I'm comparing it to other games I've played.

*Gets ready to be bashed* I like comparing MMOs I play to Maplestory only when it comes to the Item Mall. Maplestory's Item Mall is almost entirely for looks, and people STILL buy from it. They really did it the right way, unfortunately because of this people unfairly assume the game is for younger players.

This game has never been like that. From the beginning you've been able to buy materials in large quantities, which I think is ridiculous. Crafting is almost exclusively for Item Mall spenders, unless you feel like spending SEVERAL hours collecting what they spent two seconds clicking and buying.

Just doesn't seem fair. And that was back then.

If you guys are right, and it's worse now, I'm definitely not going to like it. Going to be a shame if I'm redownloading this for nothing.
    edited September 2009
    This game has never been like that. From the beginning you've been able to buy materials in large quantities, which I think is ridiculous. Crafting is almost exclusively for Item Mall spenders, unless you feel like spending SEVERAL hours collecting what they spent two seconds clicking and buying.
    who seriously buys mats from the cash shop? (except maybe glaze back when gold was around 100k)

cheaper just buying from other players
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    b:surrendermentioning other games is forbiden hereb:surrender
    lol....

and indeed....lol u shoudl come back when teh new races come...hopefully if the economy is fixed...im gona come back if economy gets better...and if not (look below)

adios cruel world
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    cheaper just buying from other players

Not when you don't have in-game money. Which you can usually only get when you buy item mall things to buy. Especially mats.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    I really don't mean to discourage you from rejoining, however mad i may be at the way the game's been handled i still think it deserves the chance that you make your own opinion...

But the mats thing wasn't so bad, i don't even think half the players realized you could get them from the CS back then... And consumables you could get gold from grinding easy enough to have. About the only thing i would have considered overpowered back then was the battle pet packs.

Edit; Come to think of it, it was nix and herc on the CS that really started this whole downward trend.
    edited September 2009
    Not when you don't have in-game money. Which you can usually only get when you buy item mall things to buy. Especially mats.
    lol... you're kidding right?
    You make it sound like it's soooooooo hard to make in-game coins and level up manufacturing skills
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    lol... you're kidding right?
    You make it sound like it's soooooooo hard to make in-game coins and level up manufacturing skills

I said nothing about skills.

And if you don't play six hours a day, it is hard. This is NOT a casual game.
    edited September 2009
    I said nothing about skills.
    This is what you said before buddy:
    Crafting is almost exclusively for Item Mall spenders, unless you feel like spending SEVERAL hours collecting what they spent two seconds clicking and buying.
    Crafting = Manufacturing Skills, unless you meant somethin else

And as mentioned already, if you really think it was really unfair and hard back when gold was still around 100k, then tbh you're better off canceling the download now and playing another game.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    You can easily level up at least a couple of skills by simply farming stuff you come across while questing... Unless you think you need in-game money to do that as well...
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    u dont need any real cash for the game lol.....if u know how to play that is...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barbarics - Dreamweaver
    Barbarics - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well....back on topic : you should also have a free mount waiting on your highest char ^^....new races/classes coming....new daily called bounty hunter = lotsa xp...thats it^^
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    well....back on topic : you should also have a free mount waiting on your highest char ^^....new races/classes coming....new daily called bounty hunter = lotsa xp...thats it^^

add gold and nix b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]