Forgotten Frostland

SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear
SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
edited December 2009 in The Fanatics Forum
We went ahead and knocked out that new Frostland Dungeon, just to set the pace for people who may want to, but keep hearing you can't survive it until the 90's. We had only 1 level 90, and at times not even a full squad because one cleric kept DCing. Granted, it's not quite as tough as it was before the new update, but still a pretty intense run. Dunno what happened to all the drops, though. All I came out of there with was 2 Chests of Coins and a "Past of Frostcovered City". The Exp is pretty good, with some mobs giving up 4k each. I personally enjoy the fact that every boss fight is a challenge, calling for the continuous application of strategy. You won't be able to set up position, hold your finger on an attack/heal hotkey, and phone it in. You got to stay on your toes.

Our humble crew consisted of:

Myself, 85 Blademaster
Barooo, 80 Venomancer
SilentBless, 90 Cleric
Ananana, 85 Cleric
VenusRed, 84 Venomancer
KINDKILLER, 80 Barbarian

yeh.png

muhfuggah.png

dayum.png

lolzaga.png
Post edited by SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Oloth - Heavens Tear
    Oloth - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I agree, we did the run as well... the squad consisted of mostly 83-87 or so and I was using my lvl 77 barb for most of the run. We were extremely shocked to figure out that there were no drops though. What is the deal with that? I would like to be able to get Frost gear for my barb. Are there drops in our future?
  • Zoronoa - Sanctuary
    Zoronoa - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    u ever came upon this boss
    2009-09-0317-55-15.jpg

everytime his hp kept going down aids would spawn, the lower its hp went the more spawned, and all the aids would cast thunder attcks at the whole team, had me wearin LA just to survive to get the boss nearly 50% till the mobs that spawned killed the whole squad,... i think this boss is impossible to kill, this doesnt hit hard nor does massive amounts of hp,...only problem we faced were the mobs that keeps spawning, everytime his hp went down,..
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    2009-09-0317-55-15.jpg

everytime his hp kept going down aids would spawn, the lower its hp went the more spawned, and all the aids would cast thunder attcks at the whole team, had me wearin LA just to survive to get the boss nearly 50% till the mobs that spawned killed the whole squad,... i think this boss is impossible to kill, this doesnt hit hard nor does massive amounts of hp,...only problem we faced were the mobs that keeps spawning, everytime his hp went down,..

i might be a total noob in FF but perhaps luring him to a other room away from his ad spawn
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    2009-09-0317-55-15.jpg

done with 3 friends

luring outside wont change anythiong you ll only have the pops be made outside the room, always where you are.

Just get 1 player to tank him, 2 others to kil lthe adds as fast as they can .. try to keep it at 1 add at a time otherwise you die.

and the cleric will heal .
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Rabid_Cleric - Harshlands
    Rabid_Cleric - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    2009-09-0317-55-15.jpg

From my experience, that is the hardest boss there. Those spawns are a pain to kill AoE all over the place. b:shocked
    Yeah Luring wont work, they spawn around him.

Still, the Phoenix takes longer, the boss with the spawning hands makes u shiver everytime a hand spawns and the 1 after that, with athe AoE stun, b:surrender

Btw i died like 8 times in there, did it with a
    92 and 86 archer
    me (76) and 78 cleric
    and a 88 and a 81 barb

and i went in at 92% lvl 75 and got out with lvl 76 at 36% b:victory
    Luved it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty my lav for the Sig ^_^
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Just beat FF twice today, 30% -> 61% w/FF Quests.

All bosses are easy if you play it right.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i did one a few days ago for the first time, its alot of fun, there's always a trick behind a boss, Especially the Krixxix looking one, which i thought was prob the most toughest cause of his mega nuke lol.

P.S you will definally need a HP charm though, doing it on the weekend is the best time to do it aswell cause of the double exp i was getting 1.5k to 3.5k from the mobs
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i did one a few days ago for the first time, its alot of fun, there's always a trick behind a boss, Especially the Krixxix looking one, which i thought was prob the most toughest cause of his mega nuke lol.

P.S you will definally need a HP charm though, doing it on the weekend is the best time to do it aswell cause of the double exp i was getting 1.5k to 3.5k from the mobs
    Was that the one that gave a count down saying something something SLASH!!!
    We totally had to kite that one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Was that the one that gave a count down saying something something SLASH!!!
    We totally had to kite that one.

Yeah thats the one, you just gotta kite him all the time and you'll be fine
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yeah thats the one, you just gotta kite him all the time and you'll be fine
    I read half of your sentence and then my eyes strayed to your your sig to watch it dance a whole round, and then finished reading your sentence >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wow, sorry hadn't checked this in a few days. Yes, there are definitely tricks to beating all the bosses, that's what I like about it. Plus the fact that the bosses actually give EXP when you kill them: like 20-50k. Also, the EXP from mobs is insane, I gained 34 percent in there, mob/boss kills only, in one run. Granted, it was on double EXP weekend, but still. It is all about the strategy in there. My usual crew and I do all the FB's and BH's unwined all the time, which makes us work together and keeps us sharp. All you folks who insist on wining everything or only doing things that take 30 minutes or so..... I mean no disrespect, but Frostland is not for you. Also, there are many who still believe that you need teams of 90+ with full Gold Gear yadda yadda whoopty whoop. What you need is a solid team who plays well, period. And yes, well.... at least 75+ :P I joined a squad recently in which they tried to tell me how it could or couldn't be done. I offered to help them and told them what was needed and what we could pass the dungeon with, and they simply refused to believe it. They said I was "bragging" lol. I ended up leaving the squad. My whole reason for posting this, or any advice or experience I offer, is not to "brag", but to pave the way for those who want to do this run because they are tired of having unfinished quests in their log, or they want the gear and EXP. Simply to show that it can be done, and not to listen to the naysayers. If you want to do it, get you a solid team and do it. But don't be afraid to get a little death on you :P Don't worry, it wipes right off.
    thecrew.png
    throwdown.png
    harpyr.png
    bigmuhfuggah.png
  • KiYui - Dreamweaver
    KiYui - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What is the actual level needed to open the gates to FF?
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What is the actual level needed to open the gates to FF?

85, and this is necro dont ress old tthreads like this (if ur not a cleric!)
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    All good screens. Hardcore. I wouldn't mind seeing some information about recommended squad configurations or gear configurations. For example Hp etc. I'm nowhere near the required level to get this done and when I am I doubt I will try, however I like to learn everything I can about all ways to level just in case I decide to try I can be somewhat prepared. As an archer my current gear setup is defense based because I don't need HP for solo PVE playing and I won't be relying on RB to level.

Regards,
  • XxIfritxX - Lost City
    XxIfritxX - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol..first time I did it when I'm 82

did it twice with Together faction members

it's not that hard b:victory
    All my Goals in Life Turned to be Offside b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited December 2009