the duke every 5 sec its pw spam

Krimblack - Sanctuary
Krimblack - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
hey can u turn duke off for the mouth this event is goen on, im mean come on, i try to chat to some one and it clears befor i can read it
***Closed Beta***
Post edited by Krimblack - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    indeed its anoying....
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MyMamaSaid - Sanctuary
    MyMamaSaid - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Or just give us the option to disable Duke in the system settings b:laugh
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This is a known issue and hopefully will be fixed in the next patch.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • joshdachamp
    joshdachamp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    woot I did sign up before sept 30th :D
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Please don't post off-topic and hijack threads, thanks!

b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Emerald_Lady - Sanctuary
    Emerald_Lady - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2009

hmm but when will this pacth be likely to be done, i mean, is it the GM's intentions to wait and see if the tide subsides or are they getting it sorted asap which i reckon is what the playerbase would rather happen.

please clarify a bit more if you will

thnx
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    so no emergency maint or anything of the sort for this? It's actually making it difficult to communicate with people who aren't on vent with me.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Why couldn't we have been given the ability to turn off system messages long before now? I definitely recall suggesting this months ago.... more than once.
  • Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Are you freaking kidding me? Next patch?

OMGWTFBBQ. b:cry
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yeah I'm sure everyone who is complaining about this wont mind waiting til next week to see this fixed. Of course if it does get fixed it will more than likely be overshadowed by another CS fiasco.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Headshot_Aro - Sanctuary
    Headshot_Aro - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    THIS S**KS is this the reason why not many people playing PWI now or.... b:angry
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ok I do understand that being able to see system messages are important for the player. But to have to see every duke shout (especially with this new event) is stupid. Maybe if in the chat options part, system announcements box could be ticked but only to shut duke up. I know that changing soemthing in a game isnt an istant thing, like clicking the mouse a few times, but waiting for next weeks patch is gonna be a real headache. It would be great if it was changed sooner.

Also I dont know how this wasnt forseen. I mean the devs should have known that everytime someone gets a token of best luck, dukes gonna go yelling it. Or did they not expect this event not to be so succesful?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    LOL, you guys don't seem to understand. Those Duke messages is free ADVERTISING of those packs for PWI.

For every few people that get mad there will be a few that say hey maybe I'll give it a go and see if I can get that awesome item.

So the longer they put off patching it the better for the Cash Shop sales.
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    For every few people that get mad there will be a few that say hey maybe I'll give it a go and see if I can get that awesome item.
    it's quite the oposite, it's driving me nuts.. I can't talk to my faction members, I can't hold a inworld convo, and it just all-around causes problems for anyone but solo players
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Just turn off World Chat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited September 2009
    it's quite the oposite, it's driving me nuts..

well then you are one of those people that got mad. Were you planning on buying any packs? My guess is no.
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Just turn off World Chat.
    spams whisper, faction, world, and squad. funnt that it doesn't hit COMMON. which imo is where it belongs..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Available in cash shop next patch. Jamming device to turn off the system messages. 2 gold for 1 piece and 16 gold 80 silver for 10 piecesb:chuckle

Just kidding
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    well then you are one of those people that got mad. Were you planning on buying any packs? My guess is no.
    read my previous post again, I had to do some more editing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Available in cash shop next patch. Jamming device to turn off the system messages. 2 gold for 1 piece and 16 gold 80 silver for 10 piecesb:chuckle

Just kidding
    I freakin hope not..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ethereal_ - Lost City
    _Ethereal_ - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Just kidding

It lasts one hour.
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Please don't post off-topic and hijack threads, thanks!

b:victory

Hijack threads xD that's awesomeb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It lasts one hour.

SSSSShhhhh don't give them any more ideas or both of us are going to be lynched if they really do implement that b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    From what i was told, this has been an issue for months now. Something about a xmas event. Everyone complained about it. You guys ignored and once more, the system message spamming without any way to disable it.
    Its obvious you guys didnt remove for thinking its smart market strategy. Spam prizes so everyone else that reads, gets jealous and buy gold to try them aswell. What you guys dont realize is that you're offending every player in game. We cant chat or organize a squad properly due to this bs spam.

'Assaulting' the players wont make your profits go any higher. Please fix this annoying issue. "Next patch" isnt good enough. Should've been fixed on the previous 10. Is it that hard to fix something 1 tech can change under 1 minute?
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Is it that hard to fix something 1 tech can change under 1 minute?
    25 seconds, tops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    From what i was told, this has been an issue for months now. Something about a xmas event. Everyone complained about it. You guys ignored and once more, the system message spamming without any way to disable it.
    Its obvious you guys didnt remove for thinking its smart market strategy. Spam prizes so everyone else that reads, gets jealous and buy gold to try them aswell. What you guys dont realize is that you're offending every player in game. We cant chat or organize a squad properly due to this bs spam.

'Assaulting' the players wont make your profits go any higher. Please fix this annoying issue. "Next patch" isnt good enough. Should've been fixed on the previous 10. Is it that hard to fix something 1 tech can change under 1 minute?

For me it was the Halloween event. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited September 2009
    read my previous post again, I had to do some more editing

I don't see anything that changes what I said.

But don't get me wrong. I am not in favor of the Spam, however, I can also see right through to the reasoning behind it and I think the profit motive is just too strong.

Besides, the real decision makers at PWE most probably don't sit in from of the game and forum to get a feel for the game and how irritating something like this is.

They look at the Cash Shop sales numbers and go, YES this was a good decision. b:cry
  • Cosoc - Sanctuary
    Cosoc - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    blacklist the duke
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    blacklist the duke
    b:chuckle

I tried it doesn't work. b:cry

BTW an interesting note. On HT the Duke spam is almost every other WC.

On LC the frequency is every 4 -8 WC.
  • JoslynJinx - Sanctuary
    JoslynJinx - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I agree, this should be removed immediately whether it be emergency maintenance or whatever. Not to mention this is driving away the non-CS people away very quickly, making them feel very left out.