A GM once said...

Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
xarfox wrote: »

Currently gold prices are inflated, however they should fall back down after this event/sale, perhaps even to a lower benchmark since so much coin is being sunk out of the game right now.

Gold trading is something that we pay a lot of attention to at PWE. We realize that a large number of players get their gold through the auction house, and carefully watch that system with a variety of metrics, statistics, and tools. You can be sure that when you guys are upset about high Gold prices, we become concerned for our players who can't afford to charge their ZEN directly.

This might look like a QQ thread about the update but it's more than that. I'm simply asking a GM to back up his words or at least give us some explanation. Gold prices are around 400k. Now you can't say you didn't see this coming or blame it on the people that are buying the gold at such price. Why wouldn't they buy it if you give them incentive to? If you put a new item in the Cash Shop that's worth 400k in the game and charge 1 gold for it instead of 2, of course the price of gold will go to 400k. But in the mean time, the price of other essential items such as charms or Guardian Angels, are still the same. This means that a 500k charm now costs 1 mil. Sure, if you are a cash player, it makes no difference to you since charm will always be the same amount of gold, but for the players who grind coins in game and buy charms with coins... they now have to work twice as hard.

This inflation only make the game easier for the cash players. A skill that will cost them 200k, hence 1 gold to learn will now only cost 1/2 gold. I don't want to believe that PWI only cares about cash players. I know that PWI wouldn't exist if it weren't for cash players. On the other hand, gold is also meaningless w/o free players that buy them at reasonable price. Cash players can have fun with their mounts and fashion, but they'll still have to grind for hrs to just learn that skill.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
Post edited by Divine_Death - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I hope they do somethin about the prices soon
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    Kylley - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Youre kidding right? O.O golds cant be 400k, no way! >.<b:surrender
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
    Rayder, Sharptooth Wolfling: main pet
    Lyro, Guardian Wolf: magic tank, dder
    Kowlin: lurer
    Flameche, Blazing Pheonix
    BigBro, Crystalline Magmite: tanker (Yes i finally have a magmite, my bro gave me his cause he got a Walker b:surrender )
  • Vezz - Heavens Tear
    Vezz - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I hope they do something about the prices soon
    Only when it is too late.
  • Anberlin - Lost City
    Anberlin - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thread topic should be changed to: "A GM once lied..."

"we become concerned for our players who can't afford to charge their ZEN directly." -> Ahahahaha, so they show their concern by giving some of the best weapons in the game to the people can charge zen!

Imagine how they show their dislike.
  • Predikador - Harshlands
    Predikador - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I love this. Is like riding the waves of a colapsing world.b:pleased
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Thread topic should be changed to: "A GM once lied..."

Not if I actually want this to be opened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• undone
    undone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    And we see the departure of a large portion of PWI's current player base.

Bills got to be paid right PWE? So do mine...b:bye
  • Anberlin - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Not if I actually want this to be opened.

Good point.
    I love this. Is like riding the waves of a colapsing world.b:pleased

I know, right? You can only imagine how many new subscribers "you-know-what" is going to get from this.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If they were monitoring the gold prices they wouldnt have done event after event after event during these past several weeks. The anniversary thing has taken gold to like 4-500k each which is really past a joke.

I hope a GM can comment on this.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • FearedByAll - Lost City
    FearedByAll - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This might look like a QQ thread about the update but it's more than that. I'm simply asking a GM to back up his words or at least give us some explanation. Gold prices are around 400k. Now you can't say you didn't see this coming or blame it on the people that are buying the gold at such price. Why wouldn't they buy it if you give them incentive to? If you put a new item in the Cash Shop that's worth 400k in the game and charge 1 gold for it instead of 2, of course the price of gold will go to 400k. But in the mean time, the price of other essential items such as charms or Guardian Angels, are still the same. This means that a 500k charm now costs 1 mil. Sure, if you are a cash player, it makes no difference to you since charm will always be the same amount of gold, but for the players who grind coins in game and buy charms with coins... they now have to work twice as hard.

This inflation only make the game easier for the cash players. A skill that will cost them 200k, hence 1 gold to learn will now only cost 1/2 gold. I don't want to believe that PWI only cares about cash players. I know that PWI wouldn't exist if it weren't for cash players. On the other hand, gold is also meaningless w/o free players that buy them at reasonable price. Cash players can have fun with their mounts and fashion, but they'll still have to grind for hrs to just learn that skill.

It is a QQ thread, its the anniversary of PWI of course the prices of gold would go up dramatically so more zen would be charged be happy you non Zen chargers got a good gift of 2x experience weekends and a free mount for the early registered people. Idk why everyone is in shock about the gold prices.
    edited September 2009
    It is a QQ thread, its the anniversary of PWI of course the prices of gold would go up dramatically so more zen would be charged be happy you non Zen chargers got a good gift of 2x experience weekends and a free mount for the early registered people. Idk why everyone is in shock about the gold prices.

Oh idk, maybe because the things people use to do for coins such as Rebirth and grind is no longer profitable?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• norbertbeaver
    norbertbeaver Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    simple solution would be put a cap in auction house for 200k problem solved
    edited September 2009
    Good point.

I know, right? You can only imagine how many new subscribers "you-know-what" is going to get from this.

I think "you-know-what-game" actually developed this last event.
    edited September 2009
    I think "you-know-what-game" actually developed this last events.

ROFL. Can't say I'm not considering it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Not even 1% of the active players are here complaining. among all posts I read so far no-one wrote the word boycott or similar so tomorrow everyone will be playing PW like the usual and QQ will eventially cease.

PW is supposed to be profitful and the patches aim, among game improvements, MORE INCOME to the hoster. you see? in the end it's all about money.

even if GMs are upset with all the mess they cannot and will not do a thing. good to see Xarfox cares about the community to the point he promised something he's not allowed to do. but... I shall not tell that's a good thing for his career either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
    edited September 2009
    There is a diff between profitful and "hey lets see how much we can **** **** up"!
    edited September 2009
    There is a diff between profitful and "hey lets see how much we can **** **** up"!

Let's not drift from the topic and get this thread locked. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Anberlin - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I think "you-know-what-game" actually developed this last event.

LOL

A conspiracy emerges! But nah, not even "that company" could dream up something this epic.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Not even 1% of the active players are here complaining. among all posts I read so far no-one wrote the word boycott or similar so tomorrow everyone will be playing PW like the usual and QQ will eventially cease.

PW is supposed to be profitful and the patches aim, among game improvements, MORE INCOME to the hoster. you see? in the end it's all about money.

even if GMs are upset with all the mess they cannot and will not do a thing. good to see Xarfox cares about the community to the point he promised something he's not allowed to do. but... I shall not tell that's a good thing for his career either.

Don't need to write boycot or anything similar,everyone knows economies been given a hydrogen bomb up the jacksie and gm's can't fix it now or remove all those endgame items,personally just npced 50mils worth of gear,**** pw the game and **** the incompetent jackoffs who run it.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    THEY DONT CARE

Beleive it or not they dont care about the players. They want their money, that is all. They couldn't care less about what goes on in the game, thier only concern is selling as much zen as possible.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Forsakensin - Dreamweaver
    Forsakensin - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    fact: the developers ****ed up the economy once again

fact: the GM's cant fix the gold prices because they can't/wont flood the gold market with cheap gold

fact:it is a "free" game but if you dont use cash shop your ****ed for ever hitting higher levels

fact: the newest "event" has ****ed up the economy BEYOND REPAIR, those of us that have to grind out coin for Rebirth and the like CANNOT do them because the ******ned gold prices are so high that a gold charm costs 1.5 mil

Solution: cap the gold at 200K i know this solution will NOT take place, but it is a nice thought
    Sarcasm is the best answer for idiots
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Youre kidding right? O.O golds cant be 400k, no way! >.<b:surrender

On Harshlands are actually hitting 900k each.

And it is only first day of event. Before the end of the month PWI will break up if this event won't end before.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I second the OP's statements... tbh I was planning on quoting the same thing and calling shennanigans on it. XD

My question is this: do the higher-ups even hear us? I might just make a thread asking that exact question. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    THEY DONT CARE

Beleive it or not they dont care about the players. They want their money, that is all. They couldn't care less about what goes on in the game, thier only concern is selling as much zen as possible.

Pfff this way PWI servers won't exist for more than few weeks. I don't think this is in selling ZEN interests.

Or maybe, as any is saying, they are scared by **** that is coming out on 22th september, so they want to make all the money they can before everyone will go on ****.

And they are wrong. I don't think everyone is going on ****... But they will if this crazyness won't be fixed NOW.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    threads made to "Call out" PWI staff will not be tolerated. If concerns can be expressed in a constructive form without making accusations then they will stay open, this one however, will not
This discussion has been closed.