Question about wings you can buy in the item shop...

Deirdrea - Dreamweaver
Deirdrea - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Cash Shop Huddle
I have a question about the wings you can buy in the item shop. I was looking at the phoenix wings for my archer, and I noticed a "duration" on them. Does that mean the item only lasts that long total, and then disappears forever? How does it work? If you can only use them for that long, then they most certainly aren't worth even 1 Gold much less 30 Gold.

Could someone explain what the duration means?
Post edited by Deirdrea - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The duration indicated is the length of time that you can use the hasted/accelerated speed for. Ex. For the phoenix's embrace: 450/900, that means you can use the +5m/s for 450 seconds. When that is over, you only fly with the +3m/s. However, the 000/900 duration can be recharged with chi stones, much like your genie.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Deirdrea - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Is it expensive to recharge your wings with chi stones? Is it worth spending gold to get the wings?
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Worth it sure, why not. Pretty expensive I guess, for a low level.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Iona - Harshlands
    Iona - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The cash shop wings are nice..
    But for an elf class, they get wings at the start, and can speed them up to 1.5(or 2.0?) with spirit.
    So I personally didn't waste money to get cash shop wings at the beginning for my cleric.
    Someone already answered the duration question above so I got nothing new to add to that.
  • Dinath - Sanctuary
    Dinath - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Is it expensive to recharge your wings with chi stones? Is it worth spending gold to get the wings?

You don't need to use the hasted/accelerated speed, you can use it when you have extra chi stones or if you are really in a hurry. I very rarely use mine, as I find the +3 is fast enough.

1 perfect chi stone gives 2/900 duration on cash shop wings (they cost around 1K each on sanctuary)

Most people choose cash shop wings for the look and the speed, so it's up to you to decide if it is worth spending the gold, in accordance to your needs.

The white elf wings can go up to +2 speed with flight mastery lvl 10, but they consume mana (not recommended for fighting mobs in the air) and flight mastery has no effect on the eagle wings that don't consume mana.

I must add tho that I only got cash shop wings at lvl 60 ish and carried both set of wings until I did. The white ones to fly around at +2 speed (I maxed flight mastery) and the brown ones to do my quests in the air.
    If you can afford it I don't see why you would stop yourself from getting cash shop wings, but I think at your lvl skills are more important to spend your ingame money on.
  • Deirdrea - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Dang, you would think that for $30, the wings wouldn't have a duration that can only be refilled through nearly 500K worth of Perfect Chi Stones. Sounds like a rip-off to me.
  • Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    Seraphe - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Dang, you would think that for $30, the wings wouldn't have a duration that can only be refilled through nearly 500K worth of Perfect Chi Stones. Sounds like a rip-off to me.

Hehe yea I don't personally charge my wings... course I long since lost the temporary wings given by the Supply Box but I have my starter ones & trained up to 2.0 speed which is quite nice for a fraction of the cost.

Also do not forget that players will sometime sell wings for a few million coin in game. (Not as much as it may seem unless you're an impulse buyer b:thanks)